✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the concert last night was amazing!

I liked their opening band as well. They sounded like a miniature version of Sigur Ros :P

I took a lot of pictures, and some videos. Only one video turned out half decent though so I'll maybe put that one up in a little bit. :D

Lets see if I can remember it.

In no particular order:

Svefn-g-englar

Glósóli

Ný Batterí

Við Spilum Endalaust

Hoppípolla

Með Blóðnasir

Festival

Fljótavík

Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása

Heysatan

Svo Hljótt

Sæglópur

Inní Mér Syngur Vitleysingur

Gobbledigook

Popplagið

I don't think I missed any songs. It was an amazing setlist and I'm happy they played Svo Hljott!

Also, in the middle of Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása there was an intense pause. It was silent for like a minute while the bandmembers just stood there.

They did that again during Festival as well. I caught that on camera! :D

Wow, the concert last night was amazing!

I liked their opening band as well. They sounded like a miniature version of Sigur Ros :P

I took a lot of pictures, and some videos. Only one video turned out half decent though so I'll maybe put that one up in a little bit. :D

Oooh, where were your seats? One of my close friends was there, too... and he couldn't stop talking to me about how incredible it was. :D

Lol, when I really like a song like hoppipolla I'll look up the lyrics and try to memorize them so I can sing along. It's fun singing along in a icelandic.

Yesterday was my birthday and my parents sent me a package that included a bunch of candy and, to my surprise a sigur ros T-shirt. Just black with "Sigur Ros" written in white across the front in that cool font. I don't have a lot of band t-shirts so it's cool to have. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I should of told this story a long time ago, but last week I was in history class and my teacher took the class outside to make a point about the greek columns on all the buildings...anyway, while we're waiting for everyone to funnel out, he turns to me and says...

"Hey! I saw you were wearing a sigur ros shirt the other day, you know they're singing a song in english on their new album." I was flabbergasted! that my history teacher could be so cool as to be a fan of icelandic post-rock at a college dominated by bad christian rock.

I should of told this story a long time ago, but last week I was in history class and my teacher took the class outside to make a point about the greek columns on all the buildings...anyway, while we're waiting for everyone to funnel out, he turns to me and says...

"Hey! I saw you were wearing a sigur ros shirt the other day, you know they're singing a song in english on their new album." I was flabbergasted! that my history teacher could be so cool as to be a fan of icelandic post-rock at a college dominated by bad christian rock.

really curious.

+1 for your teacher.

• 2 weeks later...
im really starting to get into these guys. listening to () and Hvarf/Heinma. great records

I know lots of people have preferences on what album to listen to first etc, and I'm all over the place when it comes to that too lol. I started off with Takk, then (), then AB, then all the EPs etc etc, and lastly their recent album.

As much as I try convince myself that I've got an ultimate SR track, I end up with a list of like 15 songs, and that's when the list has been cut down already :wreck: haha. Too many great songs. Gong, Hopippola, and Olsen Olsen, ah and also Staralfur are definite favorites - ah need to stop now or else I'll be here all night lol.

Holy shit, the new album is incredible. I always knew it was good, but not this good. Perfect late night listening, joyous and heartbreaking at the same time.

Ára bátur has to be one of the most moving pieces of music I have ever heard. I have even grown to appreciate the first part of Festival! You've gotta love made-up languages. That vocal melody is awesome. Simply awesome. And then when that hook comes in...

Stunning album. I need to start listening to it more.