✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched that Jools when it was on Rave in HD - it was amazing. Hoppipolla has always been one of my favs.

This set also has some good live performances. I particularly like Staralfur and this version is wonderful...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn8j4LxQAMQ&feature=related]YouTube - Sigur Ros - Staralfur (Electric Proms)[/ame]

What does everyone think of the gobbledigook video?

I was concerned about it when I read about the nudity but it was actually directed very well and had some class to it (as much as you can get out of a batch of nudists).

Any guesses on the 3rd single? I'd say vid spilum endalaust is the best for radio-play. If radio doesn't factor in...either festival or ara batur.

I was concerned about it when I read about the nudity but it was actually directed very well and had some class to it (as much as you can get out of a batch of nudists).

Any guesses on the 3rd single? I'd say vid spilum endalaust is the best for radio-play. If radio doesn't factor in...either festival or ara batur.

Definitely Við spilum endalaust, it's a perfect "radio song".

I was just listening to 'Andvari'. It's good, but it's ending was a bit drawn out, but I spose that's their style ey? Was still very peaceful.

I like the Heima DVD and the videoclip that has the drummer boy in it.

Glósóli has the drummer boy and kids etc; a lovely video that is truly wonderful to watch :nice:

I can't say I have a favorite video anymore as most if not all are purely amazing and keeps me captivated for the entire clip, my eyes are like :stunned: all thoughout lol! I adore their work. I reckon they are one of the few remaining bands out there that have music that truly speaks for itself (as in the listeners imagination can go unaided by videos etc), yet ironically it's lyrically cryptic and one can't understand what is being sung however we all seem to gain our own perfect interpretation of what it's saying :heart:

I can't wait!

I'll be seeing Sigur Ros for the first time on October 8th.

What are their concerts like?

I saw them 1st of August in Melbourne and they were everything I imagined and more :heart: They played a mixture of songs from past albums with some from Með Suð Í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust. I wrote a small review a couple pages back about the setlist as well as a few things they did :heart: To put it boldly - they were magical!!! Have a great time! :D

am I the only one who doesn't like ara batur? anyway festival would be awesome

Yeah, I was going to say Staralfur but so many songs would work for a baby or anyone to listen to while relaxing, etc. The songs are very calming. I wouldn't say they put you to sleep exactly, but they help me relax which helps me to fall asleep if I'm tired. I listen to them on the way to work too, because it calms me while I deal with idiots on the road and gets me in a good mood to put up with crap at work!

I also listen to them before I go to bed a lot to help me relax...works anywhere! hehe...

just finished listening to Sigur Ros's brilliant performance at Splendour in the Grass 2008 which was recorded by an Australian radio station in early August in front of a huge crowd. the gig will be replayed this sunday at 5pm AEST. i'll have the links to the broadcast up some time this week otherwise you can just download my recording of the gig next week.

it wasnt the best concert i've heard this year but was nonetheless brilliant.

usualy I would consider that spam but I forgive you because that song is awesome

His last EP "Variations of static" is really great. And he played with Sigur Ros this summer.

his EP ---> http://www.mediafire.com/?yjqxejcmmw3

@strawberryfields

haha :lol:, you don´t have to speak icelandic, just sing: atchuuuuuuuu, youuuu sigh low no fi lowww xD

That´s all you have to know. xD