✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

This is the type of news that makes me literally jump for joy. This should be amazing. One of the finst bands around.

Indeed, they are just different. :)

I'm amazed though, to see the number of threads on the official forum slagging off Coldplay *Martin in particular* :o those people need to get a life. :idea2:

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^They tour infrequentlly and a lot of people down here have never even heard of the band before. In Canada there appears to be much more interest. Sure Sigur Ros has its following here in the states but they are not commercially successful here.

By getting too popular I mean that I cannot just wait to get tickets to their shows anymore, it's a race just for any other popular band. Bands that are notably unknown, their shows take a while to sell out, people often do not feel rushed to get their tickets. Popular in an indie-ish sense. I didn't mean that they had blown up and were on tv commercials and stuff.. just that their general impact on fans had grown. I don't know if that makes any sense. More people like them now than I thought would.. maybe only in Canada.

They played a couple of songs that are on the new album the last time I saw them. And they sounded pretty much the same as what they've done up to now (the "Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do" thing excepted, but that was for a Merce Cunningham thing anyway). But that show was also well over two years ago. So who knows how they may have changed and morphed.

I'd say they're definitely pretty popular here in the U.S. too. I didn't even try to get tickets for the presale because I hate having to rush for them. But they've been pretty popular here for awhile, both times I saw them were sold out shows, and both times were in moderately big venues, and that was several years ago.

I have faith that their new album will be as good as those that preceded it, but I refuse to read any reviews for this one, because I've just about had it with braindead critics comparing them to glaciers and geysers. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

you have to log in to view it

it quite easy to use it. go to altavista click translate copy the url and go to registration page after you fill it out remember your password and username and exit the translated page and go to it when it is in russian and log on

easy as that ^

You are one big downer after another Interpol. I can only hope that this album is better than you have claimed. I am beyond excited for its release and will reserve reviewing it until its release, and most times, great albums aren't necesarilly accessible upon the first few listens.

You are one big downer after another Interpol. I can only hope that this album is better than you have claimed. I am beyond excited for its release and will reserve reviewing it until its release' date=' and most times, great albums aren't necesarilly accessible upon the first few listens.[/quote']

you may enjoy the album but to me it just sounds like it had more potential but it was aiming at another direction. i was beyond excited listening to the other album s but i was upset when i listened to it because it all sounded like godspeed you black emperor with thom yorke singing some annoying words in icelantic. personally, the singing and the strings ruin the album, plus the music has a very big ignorance on life in particular. you may not see or understand what topics these are but i find it

You are one big downer after another Interpol. I can only hope that this album is better than you have claimed. I am beyond excited for its release and will reserve reviewing it until its release' date=' and most times, great albums aren't necesarilly accessible upon the first few listens.[/quote']

you may enjoy the album but to me it just sounds like it had more potential but it was aiming at another direction. i was beyond excited listening to the other album s but i was upset when i listened to it because it all sounded like godspeed you black emperor with thom yorke singing some annoying words in icelantic. personally, the singing and the strings ruin the album, plus the music has a very big ignorance on life in particular. you may not see or understand what topics these are but i find it

Fair enough. I'm sure you'll like the album better after more listens though :)