✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why oh why do I always see people...

Starla Stargazer :D

beating on other people? I swear it's everywhere I go!!!!!!!!

I've had the opportunity to witness (while driving) people who like to abuse others. The last time it happened a guy was swerving alllll over the road and when I looked to see what the deal was, to my astonishment he was reaching behind him hitting his kids and then also his wife in the passenger side. I raced and raced to get the tag # but cars filed in front of me and he sped away. :/

Fastforward to today.. my kids and I are driving minding our own business when the lady in front of me starts hitting on her child who was in the front seat of the car! :o I thought, oh sh*t here I go again.. so it's like 10 minutes of driving and she keeps reaching over and smacking him, the poor child is practically plastered to the window trying to get away from her wrath. Thankfully, I had her license # and the make of her car burned in my mind, and went directly to the police station! The bad thing? They were acting like it wasn't that big a deal!! :huh: I mean the police station was RIGHT where she was! They could've sent someone immediately to check out the situation. It took them a whole 5 minutes before they finally just asked me to leave the information, I don't even know if anything was done!

I live in such a warped state, it's like # 1 in the nation for child abuse and neglect, and now I see why! No one acts like they give a damn!!! :angry:

thats so true...the book 'it' is appauling, and disturbing, I mean, to think that someone could treat an innocent child like that, its just sick. I get really mad if I'm in public and see a mom hit their kid, or grab and pull them by the arm really hard, you wanna say something, but then its "not your business", you know? And if they do that in public, what do they do at home? Its just wrong, I even think spanking is wrong. I would never ever. I loooove kids, and I babysit all the time and to think of people hitting little one's like I watch, makes me sick.

i think in a lot of places, things like that are seen as being the 'parents business'. like how they raise their kids is out of everyone else's hands.

but if you're like physically abusing a child, surely it IS everyone's business! what kind of a society allows/condones violence?

f*cking insane planet we live on honestly :dozey:

thats so true...the book 'it' is appauling' date=' and disturbing, I mean, to think that someone could treat an innocent child like that, its just sick. I get really mad if I'm in public and see a mom hit their kid, or grab and pull them by the arm really hard, you wanna say something, but then its "not your business", you know? And if they do that in public, what do they do at home? Its just wrong, I even think spanking is wrong. I would never ever. I loooove kids, and I babysit all the time and to think of people hitting little one's like I watch, makes me sick.[/quote']

I know, I'm always wondering if I may make the situation worst somehow by nosing into their business.. but honestly it IS all of our duties to report anything as bad as that if we see it.. like I wrote this huge letter in the paper about how if/when we report abuse, the state should make parents take family/parenting counseling.. instead they just wisk the kid away and what kid wants to be away from mommy? There needs to be help out there readily available to families in such crisis, somehow without splitting the family up (unless of course the parent's refuse to change.) Oh how I wish I had some status, I'd be going around trying to make major changes. :/

I have mixed feelings about spanking, I do occasionally spank but it's after time out's don't work and it's ONE spank, and never ever in public. I think that shows such lack of self control if I see a parent spanking their kid, yelling, or grabbing their arms in the store or something, and it DOES make me wonder what they're like at home! :huh:

There's definitely a fine line between discipline that helps or hurts a child, and lots of people just don't make the distinction, thus we end up with kids getting abused. :( Ugh, what a mess indeed.

I know it goes on lots all over the place, but I think it has alot to do with this state I live in.. something's not right here. I used to think it was because of someone's status, i.e. poor or poverty ridden.. which I'm sure can't help anything, but I don't think it's secluded to just the "poor". The guy I saw hitting his family the first time was driving a shiny new Yukon, looked well-dressed, clean cut..

Ah who knows. :huh: Crazy crazy stuff.

do you live in the South? :confused: :/

and yes, corporal punishment for kids and wife-beating are very abhorring acts indeed and must be dealt with. And I agree, rich or poor doesn't matter. But the woman's self-worth and the man's respect for his woman does matter. And if you don't have respect for the other, how can you even have love for the other. And if no love, than what's the reason for being together? :confused:

Such men should be felony-convicted and send behind bars where they might get meted such punishment from other brutes...perhaps then they might realize their own folly. :confused:

Yes, the south. :confused:

Exactly, I think you're absolutely right. When I see a woman who's with an abusive man, I feel for her, but then I don't at the same time.. because a woman (or man) should know when to get out of a certain relationship! It all goes back to that self-worth you mentioned though, I guess there's a great lacking of it. :confused:

Ah.. I sometimes wish I'd went to college and pursued my interest in being a counselor. I think I could be a great help to people!! *sigh*

Starla, you can still do it. Pursue your higher education, even if you have to take on a loan or go thru a few years of hardship. You've got a kid; that's fine. Get the kid's grandparents to help out...you won't need childcare than and the kid will have a loving family touch.

Where in the South? Alabama? :confused:

Take baby steps. You don't have to go to a full university and get a bachelors. You can get a quick technical degree and get an okay-paying job...it surely is harder now but you can't turn back the clock... :/

I'm single (well, have a long-distance gf now) but even when I didn't, I found it hard to get my Master's started while working full time, so i know how it goes...!

Thanks, that's great advice and I will pursue it one of these days. I want to do so many different things, but helping families/children would be #1 on my list.

I actually have 2 kids, and after my first one I just KNEW I didn't want to go back to the office job.. I wanted nothing but to be at home with them as long as I could, so that's where I'm at now. I love it, and I think that's what's most important for them while they're young! :)

So.. what do you do?