✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Starbucks

Corner Kid

yeah, no matter where you go; from the city streets, to the mountain tops, area 51, on the moon, there's a starbucks. There's no avoiding them. We're taking over the world.

Yes, I'm a Starbucks employee, and I love working there, because I get to hear people say the dumbest things.

If you've had any note-worthy starbucks moments, tell me about them.

Here's one for starters: A woman came in and ordered a grande iced latte. Instead of milk, she asked for HEAVY CREAM (5 grams of fat per teaspoon) she gets it in a Venti cup, asking for EXTRA whip cream. (200 or so calories in a standard whipcream serving, so this ended up being around double) She takes her drink, smiles and says (in the raunchiest southern accent) "you know, this has no carbs in it."

Erm, i hardly ever walk in to starbucks, unless somebody spend me the drink :lol: :lol: So i basically have no note-worthy starbucks moments :embarrased: And hell yeah, i agreed, no matter where you go theres a starbucks around :stunned: , there are about erm 6 of them all the way from my home to my college, crazy! :idea2: :stunned:

You guys should be thankful...

There's no Starbucks in Israel :embarrased:

We had three of them or so a few years ago but they shut down, apparently it wasn't doing too well, too much competition over here.

And I miss it loads... the ones in London are so damn nice indeed :D

*sighs*

I bloody want that Caramel Cream drink again!!!

Frequently have Starbucks for breakfast when i'm not feeling poor. Tall no whip mocha and an apple and cinnamon muffin. They never should have discontinued the lemon and poppyseed muffin, and someone ought to tell them that cranberry and orange muffins taste nice all year round not just at Christmas.

Grande Iced Soy Chai Latte, or Soy Chai Cappuccino. Not crazy about coffee, but espresso bar drinks hit the spot every now and then.

Coffee, Tea, and most pastries are under $2 in my area, but I've seen some pretty bad prices in other areas. seven freakin bucks for a tall frap. insane.

I've been a small coffeehouse person myself as well, but when it comes to having a job, the benefits here are amazing. I didnt even care for Starbucks until I got a job there. Part-time workers get the full-time benefits: medical insurance, dental insurance, I can purchase stock with my 30% employee discount (which also applies to everything in the store), we get a free pound of coffee or box of tazo tea every week. And the 401k plan is what sealed the deal, whatever percentage of my paycheck that I move into my savings, Starbucks will match it up to 5%. In two years, one of the managers has made enough to pay for her wedding and honeymoon. in three more years she had enough to send her kids off to college. I get tips every week, which covers gas and then some. This is also the first job I've ever had with friendly co-workers. People bash it because its cool to bash starbucks, but to me its just coffee. My job makes me happy.

also, even though its summer, we have cranberry orange muffins! Check again! they might be back for good!

Grande Iced Soy Chai Latte, or Soy Chai Cappuccino. Not crazy about coffee, but espresso bar drinks hit the spot every now and then.

Coffee, Tea, and most pastries are under $2 in my area, but I've seen some pretty bad prices in other areas. seven freakin bucks for a tall frap. insane.

I've been a small coffeehouse person myself as well, but when it comes to having a job, the benefits here are amazing. I didnt even care for Starbucks until I got a job there. Part-time workers get the full-time benefits: medical insurance, dental insurance, I can purchase stock with my 30% employee discount (which also applies to everything in the store), we get a free pound of coffee or box of tazo tea every week. And the 401k plan is what sealed the deal, whatever percentage of my paycheck that I move into my savings, Starbucks will match it up to 5%. In two years, one of the managers has made enough to pay for her wedding and honeymoon. in three more years she had enough to send her kids off to college. I get tips every week, which covers gas and then some. This is also the first job I've ever had with friendly co-workers. People bash it because its cool to bash starbucks, but to me its just coffee. My job makes me happy.

also, even though its summer, we have cranberry orange muffins! Check again! they might be back for good!

Wow! I want to get a job at Starbucks now. :stunned:

Also, I think this is one of the areas with outrageous prices (which is why I stay out of there, not because it's "cool" to do so :P ), but then again, most things are overpriced in urban areas.