• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:dozey: :dozey: :dozey:

did you lose your leg when you fell out the crap fourm tree? :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Snigger*

Did you get that from a cracker(where i got this one)?

yeah i did, and what sort of word is snigger...use one of the cool smilys ya big tree

:dozey: :dozey: :dozey:

did you lose your leg when you fell out the crap fourm tree? :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Snigger*

Did you get that from a cracker(where i got this one)?

yeah i did, and what sort of word is snigger...use one of the cool smilys ya big tree

No :angry:

:) :lol: :angry: :cool: :embarrased: :rolleyes: :o ;) :huh: :D :P :cry: :( :smug: :wink3: :confused: :/ :stunned: :idea2: :sneaky: :kiss: :dozey: :blush: :snore: OUR SMILYS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS :snore: :blush: :dozey: :kiss: :sneaky: :idea2: :stunned: :/ :confused: :wink3: :smug: :( :cry: :P :D :huh: ;) :o :rolleyes: :embarrased: :cool: :angry: :lol: :)

:) :lol: :angry: :cool: :embarrased: :rolleyes: :o ;) :huh: :D :P :cry: :( :smug: :wink3: :confused: :/ :stunned: :idea2: :sneaky: :kiss: :dozey: :blush: :snore: OUR SMILYS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS :snore: :blush: :dozey: :kiss: :sneaky: :idea2: :stunned: :/ :confused: :wink3: :smug: :( :cry: :P :D :huh: ;) :o :rolleyes: :embarrased: :cool: :angry: :lol: :)

Our members are more intelligent! :D

Guest DavidG

Evidently, this guy is suffering from delusion regarding the interlect of the members of this board.

Possible Reasons Behind Hallucinational State

Imaging studies are beginning to shed light on the function anatomt of hallucinations in schizophrenia. Frank Middleton and Peter Strick found that the basal ganglia, which are known to recieve input from widespread areas of the cerebral cortex, including the frontal, parietal, and temporal lobes, project to both the front and ingerotemporal cortex.

The inferotemporal cortex is critically involved in the recognition and discrimination of visual objects ad is the area disturbed in prosopagnosia (a disorder concerned with the recognition of faces). The output nuclei of the basal gangalia - the substantia nigra pars reticulata - proejct via the thalamus to the inferotemporal cortex. Thus, the inferotemporal cortex is not only a source of input to the basal ganglia but also a target of the basal ganlia output.

The result implies that the basal ganglia can influence higher-order visual processing, and that the basal ganglia loop may lead to alterations invisual perception, including the visual hallucinations characteristic of that in schizophrenia, or in this case, the conception that left_leg_missing is actually smarter than people on this board. In fact, visual hallucinations are a amjor side effect of L-DOPA and other dopaminergic agents used in the treatment of parkinsons disease. Approx. 30% of patients with parkinson disease treated in this manner experience this peculiar side effect.

The hallucinations in these patients may be due to excessive stimulation of the dopamine receptors in the visual striatum, which leads to a net increase in activity in the nuclus par reticulata and thus abnormal increases in thalamic input to the inferotemporal cortex. Brain images in Schizophrenics support this theory, as the subjects display significant changes in blood flow at several brain sites that are part o the inferotemporal system.

Source: Principles of Neural Science, 4th Edition by Kandel et al.

Now if you would excuse me, womens vollyball is on :P