✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Central Europe

Angel at his table

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time management.

I ended translating it into something like "Achieve fast results by following the rules". I kinda had enough of it, so I combined whatever I could find.

But if you have a better solution, feel free to say it, I might need it later on. :)

Hello everyone, sorry for the late reply ;)

Well, I've been very busy with school and my boyfriend ;) Anyway, I'm ill now, and I'm seeing doctor next Wednesday, so I'll have plenty of time and I have no idea what to do.. Reading is OK for a while, but whole day? And I don't want to watch TV for a long time, too. Anyone has got an idea? ;)

Sorry, Mark, that I didn't reply sooner :D

Hello everyone, sorry for the late reply ;)

Well, I've been very busy with school and my boyfriend ;) Anyway, I'm ill now, and I'm seeing doctor next Wednesday, so I'll have plenty of time and I have no idea what to do..

:(

Reading is OK for a while, but whole day? And I don't want to watch TV for a long time, too. Anyone has got an idea? ;)

Coldplaying, of course!!:D

Sorry, Mark, that I didn't reply sooner :D

That's OK - you're excused!!:P

:(

Coldplaying, of course!!:D

That's OK - you're excused!!:P

:)

Yeah, I know Coldplaying is one of the possible solutions, but I don't think it's the best idea to sit at the computer all day :confused:

Thanks, Nina ;) Being ill sucks, especially before Christmas. You know, I have no presents so far, so when I am alright, I'll have to go to the shopping centre and buy it all. It'll be horrible though, because I'll be able to go shopping December 19th, and I suppose there'll be a lot of people :\ Anyway I got an idea to make some presents on my own, but I'm not sure about the result as I'm not very manual-skilled :laugh3:

Or even better - don't obsess over Christmas in the first place!!;)

Yeah, but I think that everyone should get at least a little present :) But you're right, presents are not the main Christmas thing. Personally, I'm looking forward to watching fairytales and eating sweets :D

Yeah, but I think that everyone should get at least a little present :) But you're right, presents are not the main Christmas thing. Personally, I'm looking forward to watching fairytales and eating sweets :D

That's more like it, as it doesn't involve any stress!!:D

That's more like it, as it doesn't involve any stress!!:D

Exactly :D

Well, today I found out my boyfriend hates Christmas because of the stress - his mother cleans all the house a week before Christmas and when everyone wants to relax, she's like crazy about the cleaning.. :rolleyes:

Exactly :D

Well, today I found out my boyfriend hates Christmas because of the stress - his mother cleans all the house a week before Christmas and when everyone wants to relax, she's like crazy about the cleaning.. :rolleyes:

Sounds like she'd be a psychiatrist's dream!!:stunned:

The universal problems of the holidays!:laugh3: Keep the season simple - I agree - It's all about family, friends, and fun! I haven't even gotten a tree yet - might do that in a day or two. Lights too - we've got the mini-lamp ones, but I like the "new" LED lights - cooler, and less electric load - safer, too!

What does Christmas look like in Slovenia or in the Czech land??:santa3:

The universal problems of the holidays!:laugh3: Keep the season simple - I agree - It's all about family, friends, and fun! I haven't even gotten a tree yet - might do that in a day or two. Lights too - we've got the mini-lamp ones, but I like the "new" LED lights - cooler, and less electric load - safer, too!

What does Christmas look like in Slovenia or in the Czech land??:santa3:

Hey Chuck, I found something about Czech Christmas here:

http://www.myczechrepublic.com/czech_culture/czech_holidays/christmas.html

In fact, I must confess that our family doesn't keep all the customs and superstitions as written ;) On December 24, all day we usually decorate the Christmas tree and prepare everything for the evening, watch fairy tales and relax.. In the evening, we eat the dinner - potato salad, which is traditional, and then either a chicken escalope (or steak) or carp. Me and my grandmother don't like carp, so we usually eat the steak. Then we go to the cemetery ( I don't think that many families are used to do this, but we do, it's our own custom :) ) and when we come back, we stand by the Christmas tree, sing some carols and then get presents.

What about your Christmas? :)

Here's a link to a text that describes our Christmas under Yugoslavia. It's obvious the author was a kid when he was still alive - I never had a Christmas like that! :lol:

Just normal ornaments for the Christmas tree and many presents - not always educational ones. A smallish but kinda festive dinner, maybe watching the mass from the telly because both churches were so crowded.

Slovene people speak of three Christmases: the real one and two little Christmases (on New Year's Day and the Three Kings). On these days, every family burned incense and the smoke brought magic power and, at the same time, expelled demons. Christmas is thus a truly hallowed and magical time.

Okay, this is NOT true.