✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Green Day

twin4life

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have three problems with Green Day and these new albums, and they are as follows.

1. What is pop-punk? It's the merging of two opposites. Over here, we have a coalition government like that, and it's not working. Punk in the olden days would fight against pop, and now you can whack a distortion pedal on a pop song and call it punk? Okay, sure. Not for me.

2. How old are Green Day? Are they not a little bit too old to be going back to the Dookie days to try to connect with teenagers again? The last two albums might be a bit bombastic, but at least they were mature.

3. Is it not a massive swindle to sell three albums within the space of a year, when clearly, they won't be that good? There is probably one album of Green Day-quality material, spread across the three records, with shitloads of filler. And yet, you're paying triple the price. No one's released so much material since the early 70s, and there's got to be a reason for that.

These questions are rhetorical. They're just things I was thinking about the other day, and maybe I'm not alone in thinking them.

• 3 months later...
And Converse All Star are releasing American Idiot, Dookie, UNO Dos and Tre shoes.i think they are all high tips apart from Dookie which is low top.

AND...... BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG IS OUT OF REHAB AND RIP MIKE DIRNT'S MOTHER. :) :(

I've seen what the Tré shoes look like, and I want them!

Also, GD is definitely going through some tough times right now. :(