• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lenin!

:confused: no

yes, for me, should have some others...for once in a while

Siddhartha Gautama, aka the Buddha

I am confused whether there is person in history, like jesus, no offending, people, just...btw, do you know Herman Hesse's novel Siddhartha? I do heart love that book!!!

Albert Einstein and Mahatma Gandhi

yes, yes...still remember Lotta(?)'s post sth like

Peace can't be forced by war, it can only be achieved by understanding.

Fiódor Dostoievski

which book from him you like best?

Maybe we can talk about sth, other than just naming...

I am confused whether there is person in history, like jesus, no offending, people, just...btw, do you know Herman Hesse's novel Siddhartha? I do heart love that book!!!

I dunno about Buddha but we have learned that Jesus is a historic person,and ofcourse there are historic evidences from ancient roman hostorians(plinje is one of them if i remember correctly,i dunno how's he called in englsih).

Now his teachings and all that is another thing. :)

yeah it's in the einstein poster of mine. brill sentence though. :cool:

yeah, that pic is really TOoo cool! it reminds me another one

When the power of love

overcomes the love of power

the world will know peace.

--Jimi Hendrix

scientist and artist, are more beautiful than policitians/army, but less *effective* as a BIG pity for human...

I'm not a closed-minded Bible-beater, I dont even agree with the church. But I'll be the first to say that Jesus is my hero.

as well as...

Mother Theresa

Martin Luther King Jr.

Kahlil Gibran

Michael Badnarik (US Presidential Candidate in 2004, and this is the part when everyone else scratches their heads and says "who?")

I dunno about Buddha but we have learned that Jesus is a historic person,and ofcourse there are historic evidences from ancient roman hostorians(plinje is one of them if i remember correctly,i dunno how's he called in englsih).

Now his teachings and all that is another thing. :)

Thanks...my doubt is actually from last part..i mean, all the magic things...Who ever don't want a Super Right Person can give the world an eternal peace...maybe just a human wish..and Evolution is the thing we learn in science.

The thing is, Jesus didnt write the Bible. Men did, around 1200 years after his death. These men were nobles, rich, ambitious, power hungry. What better way to take advantage of a loving faith than to add politics to it to gain more power?

That, to me, is the lowest you can possibly stoop.

And evolution is still a theory. I think that if theories are going to be taught in school, they shouldnt be biased and limit it to just Evolution. Teach everyone theories as theories, not as fact, and let the students decide for themselves. Dont totally ignore all the possibilities, or else you become closed-minded

What better way to take advantage of a loving faith than to add politics to it to gain more power?

That, to me, is the lowest you can possibly stoop.

And evolution is still a theory. I think that if theories are going to be taught in school, they shouldnt be biased and limit it to just Evolution.

good point for purifying faith/religion out of politics - yes, it was ruined by politics from a long time ago, and still being ruined today, which leads me think the origin of religion, it may not have only naive side from the beginning, Objective concern is the fact/evidence for the events in bible; subjective concern is If faith of love can be kept in human heart, and make this world better, it is enough for a religion.

Evolution has bunch of evidences from archiology, chemistry, phisics TOO! not just theory at all...and if evolution is just a fact, it doesn't necessarily mean human is just another animal, like Fittest survival..we all know good people are far beyond that (I mention that because i know why some of christian don't like to accept evolution).

Yes, open mind, different theories/facts are still some perspectives. One of absolute things is Love, love people in this world.

Lenin!

:confused: no

yes, for me, should have some others...for once in a while

Albert Einstein and Mahatma Gandhi

Fiódor Dostoievski

which book from him you like best?

Maybe we can talk about sth, other than just naming...

* Definitely, Lenin was one of the greatest men who ever lived, the leader of a revolution that could change world's mind...

*Definitely my favourite of Hesse is Steppenwolf

*Crime and punishement, the best book I've ever read