✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaiser Chiefs

Lolly Pop

ehhhhh WTF?

so you pick your favourite 10 songs from a selection of 20 and thats your album? based on 1min previews? what a load of crap. what if the 10 i pick don't ever get played live or become singles. what a waste of money that would be. but the whole earning money thing seems pretty cool. simply cos there's the potential to earn a lot of money. i hope they checked this with their accountant lol.

this rush release thing is great. the rest seems like an annoying gimmick.

*downloads the torrent of all 20*

i'm "sorry" but this is actually a nice idea, the new coldplay song is CRAP

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or they could just be experimenting. What if they actually do have their own tracklisting set up, but first they want to see if what they pick coincide with what the fans would pick. They could just be trying to be cool and coming up with something new. In a way, I think it's great that we'll end up with 20 songs rather than somewhere between 10 and 15 we would normally be expecting.

omg could you shut up about coldplay!! like seriously. why do people join a coldplay forum if they don't like coldplay.

why don't you just go listen to some radiohead!!

you can't tell me what i have to do, SERIOUSLY.

i've joined this forum because i like coldplay, and since they have 4 album i can say the fuck i want about the new song. if i HATE the new song it doesn't mean that i'm not a "fan" of coldplay.

why don't you get a fucking life ?

OK now guys just cool it. There's no need for fighting on here and it's not going to achieve anything. Chances are you're never even going to have a single clue who the other one is so don't even bother getting upset.

If you have to, go somewhere else and argue. It doesn't exactly make it nice for the rest of us here.

Or they could just be experimenting. What if they actually do have their own tracklisting set up, but first they want to see if what they pick coincide with what the fans would pick. They could just be trying to be cool and coming up with something new. In a way, I think it's great that we'll end up with 20 songs rather than somewhere between 10 and 15 we would normally be expecting.

but that's their job!! a good band should be able to tell which songs should make the album and which shouldn't. thats really what separates the best from the rest.

but at the end of the day. the kaiser chiefs aren't exactly an album album band. so i won't be judging them on this. but with 20 songs floating around i'm not sure which ones i should listen to so i have some familiarity with them when i see them live in 2 months.

OK now guys just cool it. There's no need for fighting on here and it's not going to achieve anything. Chances are you're never even going to have a single clue who the other one is so don't even bother getting upset.

If you have to, go somewhere else and argue. It doesn't exactly make it nice for the rest of us here.

pfftt! why don't you go listen to some radiohead too!

^maybe I will then! It is a Friday night after all :p

True, but hey. I still think it's kinda cool even though I'm not going to bother coming up with my own album. At least they're trying something new, even though it may or may not work out well for them in the long run.

And I'm pretty sure 'Little Shocks' will be played so you can pencil that one in :P

I JUST found this out. I am excited. I enjoy 'Little Shocks' amidst all this Coldplay single release.

I expect a full 20 track album released by the Kaiser Chiefs, with a proper tracklisting, just a massive album.

Going to go through all these songs!

yeah totally agreed on that. good on them for being a little different. just reading an article on The Guardian about it and even the band isn't sure how this will work and if they'll be able to manage it properly. as much as it shows a lack of self confidence it does seem like a lot of fun for their more passionate fans. and thats really what this band has always been about.

i'm up to about track 10 now and i'm enjoying the general vibe of it. it's not so in your face as their previous work. you can tell they have mellowed out a bit since we last heard from them but that has kinda resulted in some fairly middle of the road tracks. nevertheless i'm stuck here for the next 5 days with no where to go. so i will have plenty of time give these 20 songs a few spins each.

ehhhhh WTF?

so you pick your favourite 10 songs from a selection of 20 and thats your album? based on 1min previews? what a load of crap. what if the 10 i pick don't ever get played live or become singles. what a waste of money that would be. but the whole earning money thing seems pretty cool. simply cos there's the potential to earn a lot of money. i hope they checked this with their accountant lol.

this rush release thing is great. the rest seems like an annoying gimmick.

*downloads the torrent of all 20*

Exactly my thoughts :\ at 1st i was all excited, like wow new album, bu then i read their ideas and i was like wtf?!

1st - i dont like digi albums!they are so "empty" and i can lost all files!

2nd - pick 10 songs between 20 and make my own artwork?! :whaaat: i can do that with all discography and i can draw my own artwork too

3rd - KC just do your job :angry: are you afraid to disappoint your fans? That happens with biggest bands .. there will always people that will or not like your albums

Ill try to find all 20 songs and ill make my own artwork if i feel like doing that..

torrent the shit out of it like i have :smug:

I would, if it weren't for the fact that A. dial-up Internet really doesn't work with torrents, and B. this is the family computer, and I'd rather not acquire any viruses because I used it.