• 3 months later...
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

When Ruby came out 4 years ago it was catchy as hell as was their 2nd album which I bought. Then they started becoming a bit mouthy and totally overexposing themselves and then before we knew it their 3rd album came out which was just pure shit which brought them back to earth. I predict the same will happen with Kasabian. Tom Meighan is in for a fucking battering the absolute Gallagher wannabe cock that he is.

i think Employment was one of the records of the decade, it was simply hit after hit after hit. then Yours Truly was almost just as good and they became an incredible live band. then they released Never Miss A Beat which got me really excited for the 3rd album but that just ended being exactly like their first 2. there was little maturity or progression in their sound. they played it safe, a bit too safe and it flopped. wouldn't be surprised if they don't release anything until 2012.

Yeah, same. As far as the actual music goes, I dare not let the artist's personality affect my judgment, even though sometimes, it can be hard not to do so.

I first heard Kaiser Chiefs when I saw them play "I Predict a Riot" on "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson." I remember thinking, "Yeah, this is pretty good stuff."

You need to get the rest of "Employment," if not "Off With Their Heads" as well. :cheesy:

Guest howyousawtheworld

Kaiser Chiefs have sounded very Britpop and I just wonder how successful they would have been in the mid 90s. As shown by albums like Be Here Now (Oasis shittest record along with Heathen Chemistry (bar the singles on Heathen) Britpop sound only lasts for a short burst of WOWZA and runs out very quickly so they really should have moved on musically for their 3rd album.

• 4 months later...
Guest howyousawtheworld
It took a few listens, but I like it. Not as good as most of their old stuff though.

I agree. I like the electronic influences though. I think they can do something good with that.

ehhhhh WTF?

so you pick your favourite 10 songs from a selection of 20 and thats your album? based on 1min previews? what a load of crap. what if the 10 i pick don't ever get played live or become singles. what a waste of money that would be. but the whole earning money thing seems pretty cool. simply cos there's the potential to earn a lot of money. i hope they checked this with their accountant lol.

this rush release thing is great. the rest seems like an annoying gimmick.

*downloads the torrent of all 20*

Haha, I've been trying to figure out how that works since my last post. I think I may just do what you're doing :P

Edit: now trying to figure out how and if this is even going to work with a physical release?