✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Beatles

lucyinthesky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I saw Paul McCartney live. It's definitely the best concert I've ever seen, it was a magical experience, I still can't believe I was there. Seeing a Beatle live is something I never expected to do and I had such high expectations about the show! well, it was even better than I thought. I laughed, cried, smiled and sang a lot, I felt like I was in the middle of the beatlemania :lol:

I'll never forget what I saw last night, the man is a legend and I know I probably won't see him again but I'm so glad I had the chance to be at this concert, as a Beatles fan this is the closer I'll get to my favorite band :bigcry:

I could say so many things about this concert but it'd sound cheesy :lol: My highlights were Blackbird, Helter Skelter, Obladi Oblada (so much fun), Live and Let Day, Something and Here Today, I cried like a baby during that song

Last night I saw Paul McCartney live. It's definitely the best concert I've ever seen, it was a magical experience, I still can't believe I was there. Seeing a Beatle live is something I never expected to do and I had such high expectations about the show! well, it was even better than I thought. I laughed, cried, smiled and sang a lot, I felt like I was in the middle of the beatlemania :lol:

I'll never forget what I saw last night, the man is a legend and I know I probably won't see him again but I'm so glad I had the chance to be at this concert, as a Beatles fan this is the closer I'll get to my favorite band :bigcry:

I could say so many things about this concert but it'd sound cheesy :lol: My highlights were Blackbird, Helter Skelter, Obladi Oblada (so much fun), Live and Let Day, Something and Here Today, I cried like a baby during that song

I knew that you would enjoy this concert. I am glad to learn that it was even the BEST concert you have ever seen - a magical experience as you call it. I believe you (a friend of mine who saw Paul McCartney in 2003 or was it 2004 was enthusiastic about it afterwards - it took her a week to land.

Long live BEATLEMANIA. :awesome:

Live and Let DIE was made for a James Bond movie and is one of my favourites with Paul alone.

not officially but some people want to make a dvd using fan recordings, I hope they do it because it was fantastic :dazzled:

http://www.paulmccartney.com/news.php#/2168/2011-05

Paul rocks Chile in his first show there since 1993 & Set list.

The city of Santiago in Chile came to a standstill this evening as they welcomed Paul McCartney on stage for his first performance in the country since 1993. In a week that also saw Paul conquer Peru, his South American mission continued.

The Estadio Nacional played host to the long-awaited show, one of the most memorable and awe-inspiring of Paul’s incredible career. Part of the record-breaking Up & Coming Tour, the show saw a tirelessly energetic Paul at the top of his game, bounding across the stage and even addressing the crowds in their native Spanish.

To the delight of the fans who had flocked from across Chile for the event, Paul played for nearly three hours, delivering an incredible set list that spanned his entire unrivalled career, from The Beatles, Wings, solo material and The Fireman’s critically acclaimed album ‘Electric Arguments’.

The rapturous audience, made up of fans of all ages, made sure Macca had a night to remember too, singing along with every word and holding up homemade banners, with many even in tears at the sight of Paul returning to their country at long last. Many had been camping outside the stadium for days before the doors even opened, hoping to secure the best spot at the front.

“The show took my breath away,” said one fan, Chaska Gonzales, 26, from Concepcion, Chile. “I have screamed and sang non-stop for nearly three hours because each song was even better than the last. This has been a night I will never forget – I’m so glad I was here for it.”

Meanwhile the reviews have hit the newstands in Peru. Their leading newspaper described the show as a ‘Monumental Night’ calling Paul ‘The Giant of Rock’. The review read ‘Paul gifted us a night of rock, nostalgia and euphoria. Dreams came true for tens of thousands of concert goers. Paul made dreams come true. Time was suspended from the moment he took to the stage. Lima was hypnotised by these magical hours. Paul made emotional dedications throughout the night as he sang the biggest hits in the world and the audience were on their feet for the entire duration’.

After playing his first show ever in Peru earlier this week before coming to Chile, Paul is set to return to South America later this month for two sold-out dates in Brazil.

Those dates, like tonight, will involve a huge number of people working behind the scenes to ensure the audience see the best show possible. With a staggering 31 trucks full of equipment including 130 speakers, there are 170 people in Paul’s crew alone, as well as 200 local workers who are employed each night. Behind the 80ft high stage at every date there are eight working offices and entirely vegetarian catering who serve around 480 meals each and every day of the tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Yeah that. :awesome:

I just bought tickets! When I came to work I had an e-mail with a pre-sale purchase code (they officially go on sale on Friday). When I first logged in I was searching for seats too long so it kicked me out, so I had to log in again. I can't imagine there will be very many seats left during the official sale on Friday, they are going so quick. :\

^nice!

I also just got tickets yesterday as well to see him at Yankee Stadium.

It'll be the 3rd time I've seen him live... I'm so excited! :dance:

Since you've already seen him twice, I've got a stupid question: he doesn't have an opening act, does he?