✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Beatles

lucyinthesky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I'm going to try my best to go. I've had so many opportunities, but I've always skipped out because tickets were expensive, or I was busy on a particular night. I can't make any more excuses....only so many more chances to see him live.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got to see him live last night.... amazing show as always. I'm so blown away at how great he sounds, especially for his age (69), and how he's able to play like a 35 song set for nearly 3 hours... it's amazing.

Anyway here's the setlist he played... I was really excited and surprised to see some songs added.

(I'll put in a spoiler tag in case people are seeing him live soon)

1. Hello Goodbye

2. Junior's Farm

3. All My Loving

4. Jet

5. Drive My Car

6. Sing The Changes

7. The Night Before

8. Let Me Roll It / Foxey Lady

9. Paperback Writer

10. The Long and Winding Road

11. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five

12. Let 'Em In

13. Maybe I'm Amazed

14. I've Just Seen a Face

15. I Will

16. Blackbird

17. Here Today

18. Dance Tonight

19. Mrs. Vandebilt

20. Eleanor Rigby

21. Something

22. Band On The Run

23. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

24. Back In The U.S.S.R.

25. I've Got A Feeling

26. A Day In The Life / Give Peace A Chance

27. Let It Be

28. Live & Let Die

29. Hey Jude

---

Encore 1:

30. Lady Madonna

31. Day Tripper

32. Get Back

---

Encore 2:

33. Yesterday

34. Helter Skelter

35. Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End

Videos from the show here: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegloaming09

That's an awesome setlist. You'll always be thankful for the times you saw him live. It's a piece of history.

yeah definitely

That setlist is just sick. And it's nice that he mixes up the selection of Beatles songs from tour to tour.

yeah it's really nice to get a wide selection of songs throughout his career

Thanks for putting the setlist in a spoiler, Mike! Sounds amazing, but I don't want to know yet.

* 1 week from today *

yeah no problem

sweet be sure to let us know about it!

I NEED TO SEE PAUL MC CARTNEY LIVE MKAY?

:uhoh:

Seriously, that setlist is sick. So impressive considering his age!

you really should see him live... he's amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I'm FINALLY starting to upload my videos from the Paul McCartney concert onto YouTube. I uploaded a couple last night, and then when I check my e-mail I got this from YouTube (in regard to my "Baby I'm Amazed" video):

Your video may have content that is owned or licensed by Sony ATV Publishing.

No action is required on your part; however, if you are interested in learning how this affects your video, please visit the Content ID Matches section of your account for more information.

Has anybody ever received this message? :uhoh:

also it's Maybe I'm Amazed :lol: :P

:lol: Yeah I know, I named it the right thing when I uploaded it, I was just in a hurry/freaking out this morning when I saw that e-mail. That's always the first thing that pops into my head even though I know it's the other one (I think because that's what my parents call it, I try to correct them but it just doesn't work).

10ygj9f.jpg

Okay SOOO I'm a bit late on this, but finally here are a few of my pics/vids/etc from the Paul McCartney concert in Detroit on July 24th.

I invited my sister-in-law to go with me; she was utterly beside herself with excitement. We headed down to Detroit and got there 2.5 hours early, and even then by the time I pulled into my "usual" parking garage across from Comerica Park, there were only 6 spaces left. :freak: Even though it was 90+ degrees outside, we wandered around looking for a place to have dinner. Most places had at least an hour wait, so we finally just picked a restaurant, put in our name, and then wandered around some more for the next hour. It was a little toasty. Then we noticed thunderstorms approaching; but the tickets said the show would happen rain or shine, so we didn't worry!

By the time we got to our seats in the park, which were right along the third-base line, he was just coming on stage so it was perfect timing! Of course we were standing for the first few songs, and then we heard the people behind us complaining "how rude, assholes, blah blah blah". I'm thinking, duuuude it's a concert, and we're probably not going to stand the whole time anyway. They nudged the people that were standing next to us, saying "we paid yadda yadda for these seats, sit down!" She replied, "look, the people in front of us are standing, so we can't see either so we're going to stand until they sit down." I felt like turning around and saying, "oh, so you think I only spent $10 on my tickets?" Mmmmmph. Sure enough 5 minutes later the people in front of us sat down, so the people behind us were being jackarses for nothing.

At one point, when Paul was yapping before one of the songs he mentioned the he and his band had visited the Motown Museum earlier in the day. :dead: Can you imagine working there (that place is really small), and in walks Paul McCartney? That would be crazy.

Anywho, here's the setlist:

Hello, Goodbye

Junior's Farm

All My Loving

Jet

Drive My Car

Sing the Changes

Hitch Hike

The Night Before

Let Me Roll It

Foxy Lady

Paperback Writer

The Long and Winding Road

Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five

Let 'Em In

Maybe I'm Amazed

I've Just Seen a Face

I Will

Blackbird

Here Today

Dance Tonight

Mrs Vandebilt

Eleanor Rigby

Something

Band on the Run

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Back in the U.S.S.R.

I've Got a Feeling

A Day in the Life

Give Peace a Chance

Let It Be

Live and Let Die

Hey Jude

Encore:

Lady Madonna

Day Tripper

Get Back

Encore 2:

Yesterday

Helter Skelter

Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight / The End

A few pics:

nbt8ip.jpg

11qmols.jpg

v7qyoj.jpg

281g8yr.jpg

A few videos: these were shot in HD if you want to click up to the 720p

Drive my Car

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NI8op_YrYw]‪Paul McCartney - Drive My Car - Detroit (Comerica Park) - July 24, 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe I'm Amazed

(I took this one off-center to try and get the awesome thunderstorm that was going on in the background, but naturally no big lightning strikes happened while I was filming [although you can see some flashes occasionally, like at 0:05 and 0:27]; trust me, when there were big streaks of lightning, it made for an amazing backdrop)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_IKbhwHUko]‪Paul McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed - Detroit (Comerica Park) - July 24, 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Eleanor Rigby

(video didn't turn out as well, I think it had something to do with me being already partially zoomed in so it didn't adjust properly)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAQ7vpiIGPY]‪Paul McCartney - Eleanor Rigby - Detroit (Comerica Park) - July 24, 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Something

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Hk4CbXlq0]‪Paul McCartney - Something (with intro) - Detroit (Comerica Park) - July 24, 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Live and Let Die

(only the last minute... I would have recorded the whole thing if I knew ahead of time how awesome it would be :tongue: )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwdhAfYkOIY]‪Paul McCartney - Live and Let Die (partial recording) - Detroit (Comerica Park) - July 24, 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Hey Jude

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0A99d7fxtc]‪Paul McCartney - Hey Jude - Detroit (Comerica Park) - July 24, 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

All in all... it was an awesome night! So glad I went, and so glad I was able to find somebody to take with me that I knew would enjoy it as much as I would.

Looks like you got much closer than I did. Did you actually get like floor seats? or was it in the stands?

It was in the stands in the 12th row, which was pretty close to the floor. So it was a slightly better view than the floor (since I'm short), and I didn't have to pay the floor price. :D win-win

I can't believe the length of his setlist. He's obviously still performing because he loves it. He could easily just call it in with an 18-20 song set based on his name, but he doesn't do that. Ticket prices are pretty high, but at least you get some value for your money.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Trailer for Living In The Material World a documentary about George Harrison (the best Beatle!) directed by Martin Scorcese.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGMMXK-661M]George Harrison: Living In The Material World - YouTube[/ame]