lucyinthesky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lennonpa130810.jpg

John Lennon's murderer Mark Chapman reveals motive behind fatal shooting

'I felt that by killing him I would become somebody,' he says

John Lennon's killer Mark Chapman has explained why he fatally shot the former Beatle in 1980.

Chapman, 55, who has been incarcerated at Attica Correctional Facility in New York state since being convicted of Lennon's murder in 1981, told the parole board about his reasons for the shooting, reports BBC News.

"I wasn't thinking clearly," Chapman said, according to a published transcript of the interview. "I made a horrible decision to end another human being's life, for reasons of selfishness."

He added: "I felt that by killing John Lennon I would become somebody and instead of that I became a murderer, and murderers are not somebodies."

Chapman also told the parole board that he had drawn up a list of people he wanted to kill. Lennon was top, with actress Elizabeth Taylor and talk show host Johnny Carson also included.

In prison, Chapman works as a porter and a clerk in the law library. He was denied parole for the sixth time earlier this month.

http://www.nme.com

^

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Mark Chapman, who otherwise would be unknown, will always be famous for killing Lennon. In a society that glorifies celebrity, I am surprised that more mentally unstable people don't attempt to kill famous people.

^

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Mark Chapman, who otherwise would be unknown, will always be famous for killing Lennon. In a society that glorifies celebrity, I am surprised that more mentally unstable people don't attempt to kill famous people.

Maybe that's why reality television was invented. Now mentally unstable people can become instantly famous without trying to kill people.;)

Guest howyousawtheworld

"I wasn't thinking clearly," Chapman said

All of us don't think clearly at points in our lives but we don't go off and kill the most famous person we can get in contact with!

Which reminds me - does anyone know where Piers Morgan lives?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Hey Jude currently 24 in Itunes chart here in the UK. Looking at the list it's a diamond amongst lumps of coal. Fuck off Rihanna, Cheryl Cole, Jay Z and all you other commercial whores with no talent and move out of the way.

Hey Jude currently 24 in Itunes chart here in the UK. Looking at the list it's a diamond amongst lumps of coal. Fuck off Rihanna, Cheryl Cole, Jay Z and all you other commercial whores with no talent and move out of the way.

As much as I love the Beatles, I'd rather that music progresses, and I'd like for Hey Jude to be nowhere near any chart as it's over 40 years old.

And as for those artists, to say they have no talent is a bit shit. I wouldn't listen to any of them, but I can understand why certain people do.