✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say their worst is "Some Days Are Better Than Others".

I like "Mofo". And "I'll Go Crazy..."

I would enjoy that setlist. I could think of a few other songs I'd love to hear, but hell, if and when I ever FINALLY do get to see U2 live, I'll be so happy I'm there that they could play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and I won't care :p.

How about this for a U2 concert setlist? I already made one for Coldplay and Muse, so I thought I may as well give it a go. My method isn't perfect, so the result is somewhat random. :wtf:

Zoo Station

Elevation

Trip Through Your Wires

Mysterious Ways

Mofo

Gone

Kite

Exit

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World

Until The End Of The World

New York

Love And Peace Or Else

Last Night On Earth

Running To Stand Still

Miracle Drug

Miami

Yahweh

October

Pride (In The Name Of Love)

(encore)

Breathe

Vertigo

Bullet The Blue Sky

The Fly

Love Is Blindness

(encore 2)

Where The Streets Have No Name

One

With Or Without You

There are plenty of songs from Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree so Nikola should be happy. :P

Sorry but I think this setlist has some garbage on it. It also has some excellent, underappareciated songs though, like Love Is Blindness, Running to Stand Still, October, Gone and so on... But it also has trash like Miami, Yahweh and New York. And some downright boring songs like Love and Peace or Else and Miracle Drug.

1.) Even Better Than the Real Thing

2.) Pride (In the Name of Love)

3.) Sunday Bloody Sunday

4.) I Will Follow

5.) Magnificent

6.) Gone

7.) Until the End of the World

8.) Running to Stand Still

9.) I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

10.) The Unforgettable Fire

11.) Zooropa

12.) City of Blinding Lights

13.) Staring at the Sun

14.) Beautiful Day

15.) October

16.) New Year's Day

17.) Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

18.) A Sort of Homecoming

ENCORE

19.) Discotheque

20.) The Fly

21.) Mysterious Ways

22.) Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

23.) Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

ENCORE 2

24.) With or Without You

25.) One

26.) Where the Streets Have No Name

That MAY be my setlist...

Fitz, I've became a massive fan in the meantime, I like all albums really, not just TJT and AB. Although they are still one of my top 5 albums.

You seem to be more than just a casual listener.

I too have to defend Mofo. I've rediscovered it last year. I heard it a long time ago so I had a deja vu when I heard it again.

And Miracle Drug is not boring IMO. I love it. That song and Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own are my favs off HTDAAB.

I've tried making a setlist now. Impossible. Just too many good songs. A decade too many.

Oh and dear God I gotta watch PopMart. :wacko:

Guest howyousawtheworld

This would be close to my dream setlist.

Zoo Station

I Will Follow

Desire

Magnificent

Even Better Than The Real Thing

Beautiful Day

The Fly

Until The End Of The World

New Years Day

City Of Blinding Lights

Pride

Acoustic set

Van Diemen's Land

Stay (Faraway So Close)

White As Snow

Where The Streets Have No Name

Sunday Bloody Sunday

A Sort Of Homecoming

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

October

The Unforgettable Fire

Walk On

encore

City Of Blinding Lights

One

With Or Without You

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
  2. Beautiful Day
  3. Elevation
  4. Vertigo
  5. Miracle Drug
  6. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
  7. Walk On
  8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  9. One
  10. Please
  11. Bullet The Blue Sky
  12. Desire
  13. New Year's Day
  14. The Fly
  15. Mysterious Ways
  16. Even Better Than The Real Thing
  17. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
  18. Discotheque
  19. Mofo
  20. Magnificent
  21. The Unforgettable Fire
  22. A Sort Of Homecoming / MLK
  23. With Or Without You
  24. Exit
  25. Moment Of Surrender

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own just now on VH1! :awesome:

What an incredibly emotional and beautifully sung song...

I love that song. Easily one of their best from the last decade, heck, in general.

I like "Miami". Weird, weird little song, but dammit, I like it :lol:.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-p3H1FC8Y]U2-A Sort Of Homecoming (1984) - YouTube[/ame]

O com away, o com away, o com

O com away, I say I

O com away, o com away, o com

O com away, I say I

Edit: 6,666th post on this thread. :evil:

So I've heard. I think I do remember reading that essay from him somewhere once, yes (I think I might even have the magazine it's in, actually-I'll have to go back through my stack and look at some point), but it's lovely to read it again. See why I like him so much :D :heart:?

Prototype for "Where The Streets Have No Name", eh? Hm. I never thought of that before, but I can definitely see the connection.

Chrissy be adorable as always. :rolleyes:

The first song on The Unforgettable Fire, "A Sort of Homecoming," I know backward and forward — it's so rousing, brilliant and beautiful.

It's one of the first songs I played to my unborn baby. :heart: :D

Well it's obviously a standalone song, with some different themes to Where The Streets Have No Name, but they do have some similarities like -

"running across the fields/hills/valleys" and "tearing down city walls/the walls that hold you inside"...

I always thought of The Unforgettable Fire (the album as a whole, but the title track mainly) being the blueprint for The Joshua Tree and in particular Where the Streets Have No Name.

In turn, I see the song Zooropa as being the flipside of Where the Streets Have No Name. It's the same as it, but also the exact opposite.

Then City of Blinding Lights is a return to Streets.

I see TUF, Streets, Zooropa and COBL to all be part of a series of songs.

Yes, TUF and TJT are very similar albums.

And if you play WTSHNN after MLK it's almost a perfect continuation.

I don't really see the connection of Zooropa and COBL to the songs I mentioned.

But yeah, maybe Zooropa could be the antipode and COBL's chiming riffs do sound similar to TJT era songs.

TUF may be my most played album. But I almost never listen to Elvis Presley And America.

I think it's a really crappy song and an obvious filler. And why the hell is it the longest?

EDIT:

But TJT is still my favorite album. The first 4 and last 3 songs are my favorites. The songs in between are "odes to America".

And my least favorite song is exactly in the middle - Red Hill Mining Town.

So after that song comes a sort of crescendo that ends with Exit, still one of my favorite U2 songs, it's very scenic.

And Mothers Of The Disappeared I see as a kind of bonus song, it's so beautiful... The last 2 songs are the "Enoest".

Chrissy be adorable as always. :rolleyes:

The first song on The Unforgettable Fire, "A Sort of Homecoming," I know backward and forward — it's so rousing, brilliant and beautiful.

It's one of the first songs I played to my unborn baby. :heart: :D

Heh :). Can't think of a better musical introduction, though, right?

Well it's obviously a standalone song, with some different themes to Where The Streets Have No Name, but they do have some similarities like -

"running across the fields/hills/valleys" and "tearing down city walls/the walls that hold you inside"...

Right. And they both have that sort of driving, "this is so freeing" type of sound to them, too. A lot of U2's music in the '80s had that sound, though :p.

It's interesting you say your least favorite song from The Joshua Tree is "Red Hill Mining Town"-so often I run into people who pick "Trip Through Your Wires" for their least favorite. Myself, I like both, so...*Shrugs*. I agree with you on "Exit", too, that song is so dark and haunting and weird. I remember the first time I listened to the album I was confused at first and wondered if something had happened to my CD, 'cause "Exit" starts so freaking quietly.

I always thought "City Of Blinding Lights" might've fit in somewhere in the Unforgettable Fire era-sort of alongside a B-side like "The Three Sunrises" or the title track from the album itself.

"Zooropa" a reverse of "Streets"? Hm. Interesting thought. I may have to go listen and see if I can hear that.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Yes, TUF and TJT are very similar albums.

And if you play WTSHNN after MLK it's almost a perfect continuation.

I don't really see the connection of Zooropa and COBL to the songs I mentioned.

But yeah, maybe Zooropa could be the antipode and COBL's chiming riffs do sound similar to TJT era songs.

TUF may be my most played album. But I almost never listen to Elvis Presley And America.

I think it's a really crappy song and an obvious filler. And why the hell is it the longest?

EDIT:

But TJT is still my favorite album. The first 4 and last 3 songs are my favorites. The songs in between are "odes to America".

And my least favorite song is exactly in the middle - Red Hill Mining Town.

So after that song comes a sort of crescendo that ends with Exit, still one of my favorite U2 songs, it's very scenic.

And Mothers Of The Disappeared I see as a kind of bonus song, it's so beautiful... The last 2 songs are the "Enoest".

I think Red Hill Mining Town is fantastic. For U2 to write a song about the minors strike in the UK in the mid 80s was something inspirational, particularly to those affected and interested by the minors strike of 1984/85. It showcases the brilliance of the album as a contemporary piece of work in the 1980s and as a musical/historical piece of brilliance. My least favourite songs on the album are One Tree Hill and Trip Through Your Wires but even then those two songs are still very good. The Joshua Tree really is faultless. If Achtung Baby isn't the greatest album of the last 30 years, then Joshua Tree is. ;)