✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

how many of you people were fans before coldplay got big?

Matter-Eater Lad

early days.... it must have been 1999 or maybe 2000- i remember when i got the first album, i was still in school and my friend burned parachutes for me and we listened to it at the back of our maths class :) i didnt hear of them until after shiver came out but before yellow. i remember the first time i saw the yellow video and seeing this scruffy guy all wet on the beach and wondering to myself 'is he attractive or not?' :) i couldnt decide, but i knew there was something different about them- coz theres not many bands when u remember the first time u saw/heard them, well not for me anyway! the only other one i remember is the first time i heard Take That when i was about 9 or something :lol: hehe... anyway i first saw them live sort of early on too- during the parachutes tour in 2001

no kidding...when was yellow released!?....2000?!?!?!...when I got my first cd!?...my b-day...but which year!?.... :/ ... 2001...i dunno now... :stunned: ... :lol: ...but I got the cd...after...Trouble...so Yellow was before...well at least here in mexico...damn it...let me check the album.....

aaaaaaaaaa I just read "2000"...why I said 1998!??!...:dizzy: they got together in 1998... :) ...aaaaaaaa lol...maybe I related with coldplay bio... :P

I bought Parachutes on the day of release.

And I first got interested in this Coldplay band through a small 'meet the band'-ish article in Select Magazine, around the time they released Shiver in England (end-1999).

So I've known them for about 5 1/2 years now.

Not me I'm sorry to say. I fell in love with them the moment I first heard them' date=' but unfortunately that wasn't until 'In My Place'. I can't believe on how much I've missed out. Anyway I here now.[/quote']

heh exact same with me. so not from the beginning unfortunatly. :P

I fell in love with Coldplay with The Scientist video...(end of 2002 I think)

Chris in that video is sooooooooooooo........ :blush:

I watched that video so many times!!

The beginning of the video really makes me "shiver"..with Chris looking at me with his beautiful big blue eyes... :blush:

I really liked the song too of course (in fact now is my fav)

Then I listened to both the albums and realised that Coldplay are the best band in the world.

And from that day their music became an important part of my life..

I love them :blush:

I've been a fan since 1999. I had a chance to listen to "Brothers and sisters" trough the Internet (Evening sessions, i think) and I thought it was a nice song. But I absolutely fell in love with them at Reading '99. They played on the first day at noon...I think we were no more than 50 people in the Evening sessions tent. When they got on the stage we all thought: "Oh my god, who are these geeky guys? what are we going to hear?". 30 minutes after our jaws were dropping, and I immediately knew I was hooked for life. It was a weird sensation, instantly realizing that their music was really the perfect one for my heart and soul and that they were going to be a part of my life from that moment on. It's one of my fondest memories, I'm really proud I was there that day.

I really listened them , before Yellow !!coz one friend of England show me some songs of their first LP and i really love it hahaha :D

but I m fan since the Yellow, and Parachutes hehe and to forever :smug:

muakkkkk

I don't remember exactly when I discovered them but it gotta be late 1999 or early 2000.

I remember when I spoke about Coldplay, the few people that know them usually laughed at me saying "those are a bunch of fags for young girls"

In fact when I decided to go to Heineken Festival in Italy in the 2000 to see them for the first time, it was hard to find someone who wanted to come with me.

I quite suddenly become a so visceral fun of them, something that only happened in my life with Freddie Mercury and Kurt Cobain.