✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

how many of you people were fans before coldplay got big?

Matter-Eater Lad

Not me I'm sorry to say. I fell in love with them the moment I first heard them, but unfortunately that wasn't until 'In My Place'. I can't believe on how much I've missed out. Anyway I here now.

i went to watch Coldplay at Newcastle, while they supported Muse, and Chris asked the gang i was standing with, if they sounded any good.. :) i was super pleased about that. Plus, i remember the OLD OLD message board, while the colours were all different, the Blue and Red rooms :D i've liked them quite a while, and have a few signed things and rare things by them / signed Coldplay Yellow Promotional vinyls too :D

I've been a fan since Yellow, which is pretty much as early as an American fan can be. I've been looking around the boards and websites and such for quite awhile, but I must admit that I only really got into discussions recently :confused:

I've been a fan since the early days of Parachutes, when I saw the video for yellow. I saw them play here in the AROBTTH tour...and they also came to the local rock station here (Florida) for a small concert that I somehow managed to win tickets to and met them there. I should post those pics, they're ace.

if I can be honest.. it was Feb 2000 when I first heard Yellow on the radio like a gizzilion times.. catchy tune.. but I got tired of it quick.. (I had no idea who the band was) Then I think its was summer of 2000 I heard Trouble.. and fell in love.. it wasnt until I heard the entire album that I discovered they were the ones who sang Yellow! :lol:

so, I guess I picked them up right as they were 'getting noticed'..

i wish i was a fan before they got big. i wish i could have gone to their shows back when they first started.

yeah

me too :confused:

i only really got into coldplay when i first heard in my place, which was about, in 03 :embarrased:

I first heard "Yellow" on 2000 I think, and hated it to death. didn't hear anything else from themuntil "the scientist",which I heard once but didn't pay much attention to it. "clocks" made me a fan. after that I heard "trouble" which became my favorite coldplay song. I started hating "clocks". on christmas 2004 I asked for any of their albums, and my parents got me "Live 2003" which was awesome. My mother then gave me as bday present "parachutes" and "a rush of blood to the head"..... :D coldplay rooooooooocks!

the first single i heard was 'yellow', which i really liked. but i decided to buy their first after i had heard their second... they didn't become really famous with their first album in switzerland. i think 'in my place' is their most successful single here.

as at the beggining I used to hate Coldplay because of "Yellow", I must confess I´m not an early fan :blush: :blush: I just know them till I saw "Trouble" at the tv, at the time when they were taking a rest before the second album.... but, after that... I´M FAN!! :smug:

I never understand at all: Zu

i wasn't an official fan until Dec. 2002. that is when i went out to LA to visit a friend for Christmas and while driving around she played AROBTTH. when i got home i bought the album immediately and then later bought Parachutes.

i wish i was a fan before they got big. i wish i could have gone to their shows back when they first started.

yeah

i only really got into coldplay when i first heard in my place, which was about, in 03 :embarrased:

Well wasn't 'In My Place' released in '02? So you can add another year to your time as a Coldplay fan!

yeah

Well wasn't 'In My Place' released in '02? So you can add another year to your time as a Coldplay fan!

yeah, but i think i only became a huge fan in 2003..

i think that was the first time i saw the video on vh1 and went "wow, that's a pretty nice song.., what are they called? oh, coldplay, i'll certaingly go look online for them"

lol

i think that was exactly what I said :P