✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Gorillaz Thread

crackerjack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bigcry: I want Gorillaz tix to on sale for me... (ok stops feeling sorry meself :P)
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. They need to tour the US!!! :wacky:

Wait, are you going Nina? :bigcry:
I am!! Thing is, I'm gonna be in Birmingham on Friday anyway (well, it's not 100% certain yet) so why not go to the gig as well?

I'm not that big of a fan, but ticket stress is imminent. :wreck:

Been listening to Sweepstakes almost non-stop.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. They need to tour the US!!! :wacky:

I am!! Thing is, I'm gonna be in Birmingham on Friday anyway (well, it's not 100% certain yet) so why not go to the gig as well?

I'm not that big of a fan, but ticket stress is imminent. :wreck:

Been listening to Sweepstakes almost non-stop.

Oh you're so lucky!!

Just go and enjoy it for us then :tongue:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I so hope they'll tour Europe as well

:dance: You will have so much fun!! Yes, I definitely want to see pics, read a long ass review, watch vids... everything!

and thanks, yah i think they will come to the US.... but i wonder if i will even be able to see them then as im quite broke... o well...

i found this today too.....

tumblr_l2d7z3VIng1qahd7eo1_500.jpg

:lol: AW

^Aww! Seems like this french interview inspired some people... He did look really hot hehe

Thanks :nice: If I go, I'll take some pictures and post them here.

They're playing at two festivals, one in Spain and one in Belgium. They better tour Europe and the US soon. :whip:

That would be so nice! Keep us in touch tomorrow :nice:

Oh they are? Means they might tour Europe later !

Did you get the tickets? :dance:

I haven't bought one yet as I'm waiting for a friend to decide if they're going or not.

Edit: Gaaaaaaah don't know what to do! I could easily buy one now and see what they decide later on but I don't wanna go alone and I'll bring thousands of suitcases with me, which I'd rather leave at my friend's than any hotel/hostel... :bigcry:

no not yet, i was kind of holding out for a standing seat, but all there seems to be is upper tier, even though i was looking from 9:00am. :( there is websites to buy standing from, but obviously they are more expensive then the face value of 45.00 atm. eugh.

oooh, i dont know about your dilemma, if you dont want to go alone i suppose you should wait until your friend decides :)

For you!

Edit: She said she only bought one :( I thought she had two tickets when she said "I'm going to see them in London with a friend but they bailed out. Who wants to join?"

Sorry :cry:

thats alright, it cant be helped haha. thankyou anyway :nice:

ahhh good luck about getting tickets! let us know if you are successful,etc.

thanks lyvie :)

it is strange, tickets went on sale at 9:00am, i was on and checking from 8:45am, and i searched for tickets as soon as they were available, and none standing whatsoever, i've no idea if they've simply been all taken up in the gorillaz fanclub presale and the 02 priority presale, but it just seems wrong there was absolutely no standing left....but as you hoped for nina, the venue in birmingham had standing at like 3:00pm today when i checked out of interest.

also, the appearance of gorillaz on a british tv talk show i talked about briefly, this aired tonight, i cant find a video yet to post, but i have an image for the time being :lol:

98f3654ca15a99fd6d18d38.jpg

they performed on melancholy hill and clint eastwood. it was great :D so as soon as i find videos i shall post here.

it is strange, tickets went on sale at 9:00am, i was on and checking from 8:45am, and i searched for tickets as soon as they were available, and none standing whatsoever, i've no idea if they've simply been all taken up in the gorillaz fanclub presale and the 02 priority presale, but it just seems wrong there was absolutely no standing left....but as you hoped for nina, the venue in birmingham had standing at like 3:00pm today when i checked out of interest.

You NEED to see them in standing tix. :( you never know someone might sell them on ebay or something later on :shrug: that's how i got one of my kasabian tix and it was actually a good deal since the lady just couldn't go to the show anymore.

either way, it's great you and Nina are seeing them :dance: :blush:

You NEED to see them in standing tix. :( you never know someone might sell them on ebay or something later on :shrug: that's how i got one of my kasabian tix and it was actually a good deal since the lady just couldn't go to the show anymore.

either way, it's great you and Nina are seeing them :dance: :blush:

:) thanks. yea i know, i shall just have to keep looking and hope the right deal comes up. the only thing with ebay i guess is you have to put a degree of trust on that person being genuine. oh really i didnt know you done that for kasabian, did you get a good deal moneywise?

you beat me posting the jonathan ross video :lol:

at the end of the performances when damon and jamie joined in, i loved how you could see damon's 'sky blue' socks when his legs were in the air :lol:

plus how lovely do them animations look during OMH :heart: looking back on it i wouldnt think the ultra colourful imagery would fit in with the mood of the song but it works. and clint eastwood, the strings! ahhh. awesome. damon was really into it too, complete with knocking over the mic stand :lol:

Yes, I did get very lucky. It was actually a total last minute choice to see Kasabian at War Child. I couldn't find tix anywhere and it was 2 days before the show. The lady I bought them from was super nice and emailed me and even gave me her phone number and everything to make sure I got the tix in time. I got them for the face value, 2 tix for me and my friend both for 50 pounds each. Some people said that was still a lot, but hell that's a lot cheaper than what we pay in America for concert tix. I mean I've seen some Coldplay tix sell for up to 2,000 dollars before :stunned:

Yah, he was just too cute during the whole performance... he is a happy boy as long as he has his melodica with him :lol:

Screenshot2010-05-21at111107PM.png

Screenshot2010-05-21at111036PM.png

Screenshot2010-05-21at110918PM.png

^ and what is this? a paul and damon bromance now? About Graham and Jamie, Damon :whip: ?

AHHHHH Someone betta post a link to Jonathan Ross soon! I gotta see it. Looks like Captain Albarn and the Gorillaz crew mutinied on Jonathan Ross :laugh3:

ross-gorillaz500.jpg

ross-bundle500.jpg

article-0-09AFD68B000005DC-665_468x359.jpg

edit nevermind i just found it :D

Thanks for the link!! :blush:

After years of knowing Clint Eastwood as sung by cartoon characters, it's so weird to see Damon actually singing it! Aaaah this man is a genius

Haha I love how you can't recognize who is who when they're all on jonathan ross :D