✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Gorillaz Thread

crackerjack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Epic vid....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HalCyn7z74&feature=player_embedded]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HalCyn7z74&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

& more from the show in Cannes.....

This guy isn't giving 100%....

Screenshot2010-05-13at104131PM.png

he is about to get a glaring of a lifetime.......

Screenshot2010-05-13at104135PM.png

:lol:

Damon do not understand your french :P

Screenshot2010-05-13at101440PM.png

Screenshot2010-05-13at101432PM.png

Screenshot2010-05-13at101428PM.png

tumblr_l2dli78jVc1qzay1po1_500.jpg

& a funnier version :P

tumblr_l2boti12LO1qa0tlio1_400-1.png

Ok, I must confess.

I didn't know Damon Albarn was in Gorillaz until I saw him on french tv the other day :shame: :facepalm: I only associated him to Blur.

Anyway, great performance, but yeah :thumbsdown: at french interviewers. It never fails to piss me off.

:bigcry: I want Gorillaz tix to on sale for me... (ok stops feeling sorry meself :P)

Bobby Womack says Damon Albarn is as talented as Jimi Hendrix and Ray Charles.

tumblr_l2pex60Zs71qb8ni1.jpg

Womack thinks Gorillaz and Blur frontman has similarities to the two music legends because he is always wants to experiment in the studio.

The singer - who provided vocals on the Gorillaz single ‘Stylo’ - said: “He’s the same way Hendrix and Charles were. He’s very creative and thinks way out there, trying things that people don’t try.”

Womack admits working with the animated band wasn’t like any of his previous collaborations, because the group were so down to earth.

The 66-year-old musician, who was recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, said: “Working with Gorillaz was different. There ain’t no egos, these guys are cool.”

The Gorillaz are currently preparing to embark on an arena tour that will begin in September, but according to Albarn it isn’t easy to organise the cartoon group.

He said: “It’s a logistical nightmare. You just don’t get too stressed and just accept that sometimes it’s gonna work out, sometimes it’s not!”