✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Gorillaz Thread

crackerjack

Yes, I did get very lucky. It was actually a total last minute choice to see Kasabian at War Child. I couldn't find tix anywhere and it was 2 days before the show. The lady I bought them from was super nice and emailed me and even gave me her phone number and everything to make sure I got the tix in time. I got them for the face value, 2 tix for me and my friend both for 50 pounds each. Some people said that was still a lot, but hell that's a lot cheaper than what we pay in America for concert tix. I mean I've seen some Coldplay tix sell for up to 2,000 dollars before :stunned:

aww that sounds like it was easy and non stressful for you then :) yea it is ridiculous isnt it, i remember checking coldplay ticket prices before on their last tour......i forgot the idea of seeing them rather quicky after seeing them prices :lol:

also about jonathan ross, there is a bit at the beginning of the show where they introduce everyone in the 'green room', and when the host got to damon, he said...

"damon albarn is a genius, but you wouldnt think so from looking at him and his posture (he was slouching), come on damon, you arnt a teenager anymore, sit up".

:lol:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahah where is the beginning of Jonathan Ross? :lol: do you have that vid?

yah, Ross is always making fun of Damon being a teenager. last time he was on there for Gorillaz, Jonathan said something about like "Damon, you've got a lot of money now, so why do you insist on dressing like a poor student?" :lol:

hahah where is the beginning of Jonathan Ross? :lol: do you have that vid?

yah, Ross is always making fun of Damon being a teenager. last time he was on there for Gorillaz, Jonathan said something about like "Damon, you've got a lot of money now, so why do you insist on dressing like a poor student?" :lol:

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I have the show somewhere on my laptop and can upload it once I get to faster-internet land. :dance:

In my email box this morning !!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Gorillaz announce two new European shows!

Sub Division…as always you are the first to know Gorillaz news!

Having put tickets to their first UK Arena tour on sale last week, Gorillaz are heading to mainland Europe to bring their 'Escape to Plastic Beach' tour spectacular to France and Italy.

Naturally…. Sub Division are the first on our invite list with access to an exclusive Sub Division 48 hour ticket pre-sale that will open on 2 June at 9.00 AM (local time) before tickets go on general sale for these two new shows.

November 14 — Paris — Zenith

November 19 — Milan — Forum

In April Gorillaz played the headline slot at Coachella Festival (USA) and two sell out shows at the Roundhouse (London). Damon Albarn conducted the big Gorillaz band joined by a host of guest stars and accompanied by stunning artwork, animation and film created by Jamie Hewlett.

Expect more of the same visual and audio feast featuring songs from all three albums — Gorillaz, Demon Days and Plastic Beach. Featured artists are yet to be announced but recent performances saw Mick Jones, Paul Simonon, De La Soul, Shaun Ryder, Roses Gabor, Bobby Womack, Little Dragon, Mos Def, Kano, Bashy and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble take to the stage.

It promises to be a show not be missed! But will Murdoc once again be kept away by security...?

Don't forget to download your free Gorillaz Plastic Beach i-phone app to keep up to date with Gorillaz news, twitter feed, augmented reality and more!

NO WAY ! :cheesy:

I don't even know if I'll be able to go, but I think I should buy tickets, anyway it wouldn't be a problem to sell them!

But maybe they'll play in other french cities, I'd like to know it already :\

@bedofroses: no it doesn't work here... but thanks!

listened to both Demon Days and Plastic Beach last night. took me back to 2005 when i first heard Feel Good Inc, at the time it was near the top of the charts down here in aus and i just didnt get what people saw in this song. the vocals were weird and the music sounded quite stupid. but since it was a hit it was all over the radio so i heard it over and over again and i think it was after a good 30 or 40 listens that it finally clicked for me and i loved it. then Dare came out and became an instant personal fave as did Dirty Harry. now 5yrs later ive had the same experience with Plastic Beach, it took me a few listens to get used to the hip hop vibe but now i've grown to love it.

listened to both Demon Days and Plastic Beach last night. took me back to 2005 when i first heard Feel Good Inc, at the time it was near the top of the charts down here in aus and i just didnt get what people saw in this song. the vocals were weird and the music sounded quite stupid. but since it was a hit it was all over the radio so i heard it over and over again and i think it was after a good 30 or 40 listens that it finally clicked for me and i loved it. then Dare came out and became an instant personal fave as did Dirty Harry. now 5yrs later ive had the same experience with Plastic Beach, it took me a few listens to get used to the hip hop vibe but now i've grown to love it.

i suppose some songs just need to be given a second chance to listen in order to like it. :D

Yeah, it takes you a while to start liking them (myself still being in the process of getting into them) but this type of bands/music is the most amazing and rewarding in the long run, if you know what I mean. You can't simply stop loving it.

Thank you!

Oh no... you didn't get tickets right? :\

Nope, all of them were sold either on Monday or Sunday. :( I'll keep looking though!

oh no! how shitty :(

good, as will i keep looking, and we WILL both see them! :)

Eventim still has tix for Birmingham but I'm not sure about London. :\

It looks like the aforementioned friend would rather go to the Glagsgow show with another friend so that leaves me going on my own or not going at all. :dozey:

Oh no!

Well you can go to Paris to see them! :tongue:

If I only could!

^ YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

Glastonbury announces Gorillaz as new Friday headliners

Damon Albarn's band step in after U2 pull out, saying: 'It was us or the Beatles, and they split up years ago'

In the middle of Blur's triumphant performance at Glastonbury last year, Damon Albarn fell to his knees in tears after singing the band's hit To the End, overcome by the emotional force of the moment. As he walked off stage after a euphoric set, he had no plans to return.

Today, in an unexpected move from festival organisers, it can be revealed that Albarn is to make an unscheduled return to the Pyramid stage this month, when his band Gorillaz headline on Friday night.

The band were drafted in at the 11th hour after rock legends U2 cancelled their appearance after a severe back injury left singer Bono unable to perform.

Michael Eavis, who founded the festival which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year, said he was delighted Gorillaz were willing to step into the breach.

Eavis said: "This is going to be Gorilllaz's only UK festival appearance, and it'll be a massive audio visual spectacle which will really ignite the Pyramid on the Friday night, with Muse, then Stevie Wonder to follow.

"I'm very excited about Gorillaz' show coming here because they're so open to guests and collaborations. The alchemy of Friday's show is going to be astonishing, a perfect, contemporary way to kick off the 40th anniversary celebrations.

"I am so grateful for the enthusiasm of the media and the whole of the music industry for their willingness and eagerness to support us in what could have been a crisis."

Having started life as a semi-anonymous "virtual" band, the members have cartoon alter-egos created by one of their number, the graphic artist Jamie Hewlett.

In a statement to the Guardian, Murdoc, the band's animated bassist, styled the band as the festival's heroic saviours. "We're like some great big horrible warship pulling in to the bay of Glastonbury to save the day. It was us or the Beatles and they split up years ago," he said.

"The previous soldiers got pulled from duty last minute so it's up to my Plastic Beach naval cavalry to sail in and sort the battlefield out. I can assure you though, I'm bringing extra troops. Loads of them. Glastonbury will be ours … cutlasses drawn, trumpets ready. We're coming in …"

The news will surprise thousands of Glastonbury fans who have been in a state of heightened anticipation since the U2 cancellation was announced.

Names such as Led Zeppelin, Coldplay and the Rolling Stones had been mooted as possible replacements, with others backing pop star Kylie Minogue who cancelled her headline slot in 2005 after she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Others suggested that grime artist Dizzee Rascal, due to play the set before U2, would step up to the mark.

But Albarn's project, although suggested by a few of those in the know, had received little attention. Albarn, the creator of grand Chinese operas and purveyor of African adventures, was too fresh in the memory, too close to be considered.

The band are a difficult act to define. Started as a musical and animation project in 1998 when Albarn joined forces with Hewlett, co-creator of the comic book Tank Girl, for many years they recorded and "appeared" as a virtual band. Performers were hidden behind screens and represented only by their animated characters, lead vocalist 2D, bassist Murdoc, guitarist Noodles and drummer Russel Hobbs. Their music, too, defies classification – touching on hip hop, indie, dub, electronica and pop.

But recent performances, promoting new album Plastic Beach, saw a range of widely-respected musicians join Albarn on stage unshackled from their personas. Videos and filmic animations played out on a wide screen at the rear of the stage, while performances from an array of stars inspired alloyed joy from critics and fans.

At the Roundhouse in London last month, Albarn paraded his musical muscle, calling on the Clash's Mick Jones and Paul Simonon, as well as Mos Def, Bobby Womack, De la Soul and Shaun Ryder, to join him on stage.

The festival would not speculate on which special guests Albarn, Gorillaz's only constant musician, was likely to bring to Glastonbury's biggest ever party, but the indications were that this year's Glastonbury go-ers will not be disappointed.

It looks like the aforementioned friend would rather go to the Glagsgow show with another friend so that leaves me going on my own or not going at all. :dozey:

If I only could!

:(

i really hope you can still go. i'm not giving up :lol:

Nobody's giving up here! :whip:

If I only could!

Where do you live btw?