✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Manic Street Preachers

FanDabieDosie

I am afraid to go on FD forums because of Richey Cult-ers and the like.

You don't have to get involved with them if you don't want to. Just avoid the obviously Richey orientated threads. Looks like you've got all the albums then. Great stuff! Manics are playing a gig in February at King Tuts in Glasgow to celebrate it's anniversary. Not going myself but looking forward to hearing about it.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I love There By the Grace of God and Kevin Carter. It's really interesting and weird to hear about what happened with the singer.

lol i am ratard

I meant with Richey and all.

I seriously love Holy Bible and Generation Terrorists. I can't really get much into their later stuff though, it sounds a bit cheesy and meh.

Tracey?? woah! i didn't know you like Coldplay as well!

Hiya Klaudia! No, I don't like Coldplay I'm afraid but I joined this forum cos I liked the Manics thread on it. I don't go trolling in other parts of the forum though, honest! :laugh3:

Richey was the rhythm guitarist/lyricist and NOT the singer. James Dean Bradfield is the singer/guitarist and always has been. (Sorry to be narky but misinformation annoys me.) Looking forward to the Paul McCartney support slot and of course the October gigs which I will hopefully get a ticket for Birmingham for!

• 1 month later...

^ I LOVE that new song!

I'm so happy the Manics are still around considering most of my favorite bands these days are all broken up :P

And I'm a Richey fan, but hopefully I'm not too overbearing. I can see what you mean though about how some fans could come off that way.

Glad you like the new song Lizzy! All of the Richey fans I've ever chatted to have been lovely, just hear the occasional stories of fandom going too far etc but most bands probably get that I expect. Album is released on the 13th of September and the actor Michael Sheen is starring in the video for It's Not War!

Glad you like the new song Lizzy! All of the Richey fans I've ever chatted to have been lovely, just hear the occasional stories of fandom going too far etc but most bands probably get that I expect. Album is released on the 13th of September and the actor Michael Sheen is starring in the video for It's Not War!

Whoa. Michael Sheen lol.

And yes, the album needs to hurry up!

The only little Manics story I have right now is this little thing I learned from my mom today. I have Motorcycle Emptiness as my ring tone on my phone now and my mom heard it and couldn't believe I liked the Manics! She told me she was a big fan back in the day and listened to them all the time when I was a baby :D

Anyway that's all I've been talking to her about today. My mom has suddenly turned awesome :awesome: I can't believe I didn't know that about her until now D:

Oh wow! Cool! Amazing the things you learn about your parents! :D Yeah, the It's Not War video is being based on that famous chess game from the 70's between Russian player and someone else (I think! The names have been mentioned but I can't remember at the moment!) Michael Sheen is playing the Russian I believe. Should be interesting anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah my fav band ever and ll that. Saw them last week at the 'Secret' gig in Hammersmith and was fun and they were good as ever (plus the fact the gig cost me nothing and all drinks at the bar were free helped), but I will be expecting much more for the tour. Not utterly convinced by the new album yet, the new single has grown on me and I think 'Some Kind of Nothingness' should be a big hit after hearing it at the gig.

Whoa. Michael Sheen lol.

And yes, the album needs to hurry up!

The only little Manics story I have right now is this little thing I learned from my mom today. I have Motorcycle Emptiness as my ring tone on my phone now and my mom heard it and couldn't believe I liked the Manics! She told me she was a big fan back in the day and listened to them all the time when I was a baby :D

Anyway that's all I've been talking to her about today. My mom has suddenly turned awesome :awesome: I can't believe I didn't know that about her until now D:

+100 points for you.

Well the new song is nice, a little bit poppis but fine.

I seriously don't understand how the manics manage to keep fresh despite using the same formulas for like 13 years and getting more poppish with each album. I love them anyway.

I love ELO as well and you can't get more 'poppish' than them really! :D Laptop won't allow me to copy the link but there is a great video on Youtube of James Dean Bradfield singing A Design For Life karaoke fashion (from when Joe Calzaghe the boxer won an important fight and there was a big celebration for it after!). If you search under James' name with 'karaoke' added to it I should think it will come up. What a guy! Yes, can't wait for the new album. Anna Friel is also in the video for It's Not War. Heard it on the radio the other day and it sounded fantastic!

• 4 weeks later...
+100 points for you.

Well the new song is nice, a little bit poppis but fine.

I seriously don't understand how the manics manage to keep fresh despite using the same formulas for like 13 years and getting more poppish with each album. I love them anyway.

:D thanks!

Seriously though, just by how long they have been together and successful shows you what a great band they are.