✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay rip off Kylie! (sort of..)

closingwalls.net

i'm trying to think of something chris said a while ago....like before x&y...but i don't know if it was chris. but SOMEONE said it. about how the best bands are the bands that steal (musically).

or something like that. does anyone have any idea what i'm talking about? :lol:

oh yeah' date=' no doubt... but im sure if you looked around a bit, you could find like 50 other songs with similar riffs[/quote']

I think the main problem is that, after downloading the complete Kylie song, is that both songs revolve around the same little riff. I don't think you can find 1 song that sounds this alike, let alone 50 :)

And the rumours of plagiarism are ofcourse fueled by Chris saying stuff like:

As people listen to the album more and more it'll become apparent just how much we've plagiarised. To me, at the end of our album we should have had a bibliography, or a discography, or references.

I'm not a musician, but when I listen to the Kylie song is reminds me of speed of sound immediately anyway...don't have that with any other song, not even the Kate Bush song. :)

Kraftwerk

:stunned:

I'd be surprised if the guys in Coldplay even know who Kraftwerk are. :smartass2:

Uh-uh, they bought a Kraftwerk riff that is used in 'Talk'. Officially yo.

Hahaha!!! Holy shit, you're right. it's an absolutely note-for-note copy of "Computer Love."

(I just downloaded the new Coldplay album and went to "Talk" first to hear that)

That's pretty ballsy if you ask me. It's even in the same key, at the same tempo, right at the beginning. Unless you're being literal in saying they bought it. Then it's not ballsy.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHA listen to the Backstreet Boys new songs piano thing :laugh1:

HAHA when I first heard that song...I immediately thought, aww, they're trying to rip off Coldplay with the whole piano thing.... :lol:

HA HA! :D That's hilarious, bet it's just coincidence though..... :/

I like the fact they have so many influences on the new album

Square One - Eno

White Shadows - Prince

Talk - Kraftwerk

Speed of Sound - KYLIE :wink3:

Low - U2

The Hardest Part - R.E.M

Twisted Logic Radiohead

Even though they have sourced them it's all still undoubtably(sp?) stamped with coldplay, which is a good thing.

Plagerism isn't plagerism if you acknowledge (and evolve from) the source.