✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay rip off Kylie! (sort of..)

closingwalls.net

Some media reported today that Coldplay might get sued for plagiarising a theme song from the soap opera "night and day" which is sung by Kylie Minogue. Supposedly the beginning of the theme song is very alike the piano riff from "Speed of Sound"

Well I found a sample online, and there certainly is a similarity. Listen for yourself over at http://closingwalls.net

for all you music theory enthusiasts you can see that this claim is rediculous because the only similarity is the rythm (which totally was coincidence). coldplays version starts out going from a major 2nd to a major 4rth and as the riff progresses the bottom note goes down full steps, kylie's starts major 2nd then tritone then goes down chromatically.

Some media reported today that Coldplay might get sued for plagiarising a theme song from the soap opera "night and day" which is sung by Kylie Minogue. Supposedly the beginning of the theme song is very alike the piano riff from "Speed of Sound"

Well I found a sample online, and there certainly is a similarity. Listen for yourself over at http://closingwalls.net

at the Storytellers gig.. they said they ripped of Kate Bush for Speed of Sound.. not sure what song.. I dont really listen to too much Kate.. :embarrased:

Guest LiquidSky

Argh! And people think Speed of Sound sounds like Clocks :rolleyes:

After hearing that clip...it does sound very similar to the Kylie's song.. Aren't they from the same record company though? :idea2:

Guest LiquidSky
Kraftwerk

:stunned:

I'd be surprised if the guys in Coldplay even know who Kraftwerk are. :smartass2:

This should be interesting if/when I buy/steal this new album.

Well they know, Tom, they know :P

at the Storytellers gig.. they said they ripped of Kate Bush for Speed of Sound.. not sure what song.. I dont really listen to too much Kate.. :embarrased:

Yep that's true. I have an interview where Chris says they steal bits and peaces from other songs:

Square One - Brian Eno

What If - John Lennon

White Shadows - The Cure and U2

Speed of Sound - Kate Bush

Fix You - Elbow

And so on. Definitely not Kylie. Could it be just coincidence?

Guest LiquidSky
Kraftwerk

:stunned:

I'd be surprised if the guys in Coldplay even know who Kraftwerk are. :smartass2:

Uh-uh, they bought a Kraftwerk riff that is used in 'Talk'. Officially yo.

On the blender magazine, it says Chris has been listening to Kraftwerk & Block Party :idea2: