✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Another reason the Beatles will never be touched

ugadawg5

I just thought about this recently. The Beatles released Rubber Soul in Dec 1965, and Revolver only 9 months later. Sgt. Pepper's came out 10 months later and Magical Mystery Tour only 5 months later, and so on until Abbey Road. That's 7 albums in 6 years, each one inarguably a masterpiece.

Only a few bands have even one masterpiece album, let alone 7 in 5 years. And if one band happens to have more than one, they don't come out year after year after year. Just another statistic about the Beatles that blows your mind.

Not really sure what this has to do with Coldplay, but I'm just giving props to the boys from Liverpool.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought about this recently. The Beatles released Rubber Soul in Dec 1965, and Revolver only 9 months later. Sgt. Pepper's came out 10 months later and Magical Mystery Tour only 5 months later, and so on until Abbey Road. That's 7 albums in 6 years, each one inarguably a masterpiece.

Only a few bands have even on masterpiece album, let alone 7 in 5 years. And if one band happens to have more than one, they don't come out year after year after year. Just another statistic about the Beatles that blows your mind.

Not really sure what this has to do with Coldplay, but I'm just giving props to the boys from Liverpool.

Even though I'm a huge fan Coldplay, I'll have to agree with you, the Beatles will be the best band EVER... the cool thing about them is that everybody likes them... I mean, my granpa likes them, my dad, me, my 4-year-old cousin... many generations like their music.. and I don't think that happens to Coldplay... maybe in a few years...

People have NO CLUE what they are talking about.

NO ONE can ever say that the Beatles are overrated. They invented and introduced countless innovations to music. Their incredibly innovative style allowed all barriers on rock to be broken by those who came after them. Each member of the Beatles was a musical genius. Lennon, McCartney, and Harrison all were some of the greatest songwriters in history. Take a look at their solo careers if you need proof of that.

Take a look at the followers section of this web page: http://www.mmguide.musicmatch.com/artist/artist.cgi?ARTISTID=330514

Anyone who thinks that 1) The Beatles were not the greatest band ever, or 2) that Coldplay is a better band, has no knowledge of the history of rock over the past 50 years and your crediblity on this board should be seriously questioned.

The funny thing about taking a look at Harrison, Lennons or McCartney's solo careers is that they were nowhere near as good as the Beatles. They were still great records but not up to that Beatles standard.

And this is another very special thing about the Beatles, their collective talents only worked to full affect when they were in the same band and were free to try whatever the hell they wanted to. 3 world class songwriters who came together to write over 100 brilliant songs in the space of 7 years.

Chris Martin is the only songwriter in Coldplay, and he is not, world class. He can put a tune together, but its either sloppy or (Usually) bland and boring, apart from a few rare cases.

I have to say that it really blows my mind how you can fight and compare Coldplay and the Beatles. ALthough I am a gigantic fan of Coldplay, the Beatles are in a league of their own.

I grew up listening to them in an East European country so go figure....

I mean I wish Colplay all of the luck and inspiration that they can get. But the Beatles did have this amazing synergy between the all four band members that is not really easy to re-create. So eventhough I love Coldplay my love is not blind nor stupid ;) :P :lol: :lol:

....why is this even...being discussed.

...this better not be a cry for attention. is this a cry out for attention? IS IT?

no need for beatles 101. and i'm sure coldplay isn't out to be bigger than the beatles.

Nick, c'mon now. Thats being plain stupid.

Beatles- 29 No.1 singles, and that was BEFORE they got good (Achieved a lot in 7 years of recording eh? I wonder if Coldplay will have achieved as much in 2 years time)

Coldplay- One number1 single? 2?

I've never seen Coldplay arrive at an airport to tens of thousands of screaming fans. Nor do I think Coldplay's performance on the Dave Lettermen show will be as well remembered in 40 years time in comparison with the Beatles on Ed Sullivan.

There are so many ways that Coldplay are smaller then, THE BEATLES, that its a waste of time even going into it. Nick, you are wasting my time with such stupid comments.

I'm so close to jumping out my window if I hear one more fucking person comparing Coldplay to ANYTHING.

Please. For my sanity. Can't we just STOP? They're Coldplay. They're not the Beatles. Nor are they anything else. Oh my god. Every. Single. Fucking. Post on these boards are just "Coldplay's not this, Coldplay's not that, Coldplay's not good enough, blah blah blah" ALRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

I'm having a bad day. I don't need this. LMFAO