✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Another reason the Beatles will never be touched

ugadawg5

Oh boy, not those radical beatles-fans again ;-)

Sorry, just kidding, back to topic:

I agree with you, that the Beatles is one of the greatest bands in history. I also don't want to compare Beatles with Coldplay, that's simply not possible, two different centuries, two different styles, two etc. ...

Theres another thing I want to talk about, you wrote:

Only a few bands have even on masterpiece album, let alone 7 in 5 years. And if one band happens to have more than one, they don't come out year after year after year. Just another statistic about the Beatles that blows your mind.

I think, that's not true. Especially during the time right after the Beatles, 60s, 70s, 80s there were some bands, making a masterpiece after another. For example Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon (1973) - Wish You Were Here (1975) - Animals (1977) - The Wall (1979). These four albums were great commercial successes, compared to the other ones made by the Floyds (although I have to say, commercial succes is not equal to quality). They only took more time to make these LPs, because they were much more complex than the ones from the Beatles.

So, I think, as time passes by, you can't say, that old bands after 40, 50 years are still the best (of course they are for you!), what do you think does everybody think in 70, 80, maybe 100 years, when everybody, who heard the Beatles "live", is dead? I don't think, that they'll be the best band ever anymore in that time.

Just my thoughts on that.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stop comparing Coldplay to the Beatles when Chris Martin stops doing it himself.

And about Pink Floyd (Winnie's comment) Animals isnt really regarded that highly, but even still if you count it, thats FOUR albums in EIGHT years. The Beatles, as mentioned, had SEVEN classic albums in FOUR years.

You are right, there were bands that could release classic album after classic album, but not at the speed (Or brilliance) of the Beatles.

The Beatles was not just a commercial phenomenon, they were a musical force, one we will never see again.

I think that the beatles were of course more successful than Coldplay' date='but in the musician part they aren't better than Coldplay....[/quote']

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coldplay is already bigger then the beatles in my book......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG, Nick. You have said some bullshit in your life but boy oh boy, this one takes the cake. Surely you realize how absolutely, unbelievably false your statement is. Please tell me you were joking.

Accepting other's oppinion isn't one of your strengths' date=' is it?[/quote']

Definitely right! ;)

You dont get it (Despite how easy it is to understand).

Nick said Coldplay are BIGGER then the Beatles, as in, more popular, recognised by more people and respected more.

This is inarguably not true, it is not a matter of opinion.

OMG, Nick. You have said some bullshit in your life but boy oh boy, this one takes the cake. Surely you realize how absolutely, unbelievably false your statement is. Please tell me you were joking.

nope, beatles are good, but i like coldplay alot better... its just how i roll.....

im not a huge beatles fan.

Accepting other's oppinion isn't one of your strengths' date=' is it?[/quote']

Definitely right! ;)

Nick said Coldplay are BIGGER then the Beatles, as in, more popular, recognised by more people and respected more.

no i meant as my bands go, i know bookwise the beatles are bigger. but im MY opinion coldplay is bigger....as in better...bigger..... ya know?

Accepting other's oppinion isn't one of your strengths' date=' is it?[/quote'] Wow, you have only been here for a day and you drop a snide comment like that.

I am very opinionated and Nick(mr.cool011) and I argue all the time. I mean no harm and I know he is not offended by it.

Definitely right!
I am a very nice person on this board. When I see ignorance I argue. Debate is healthy after all.

Thank you Reilly. I was going to write something similar in response but you beat me to the punch ;)

I'm sorry, didn't want to offense you with my comment either. I was a little bit annoyed about your comments to the "Coldplay-over-all"-guys, it seemed to me a little too radical, but okay, stop talking about that, let's start talking 'bout the beatles again ;-)

Good night!

WTF, I don't think Beatles were that great and that doesn't make me a music dumb as many people here assure. I like Coldplay a way much more.

It's all about preferences, that is just some people' opinion and you've got to accept others as well.

There's no such thinguie as the world's best band. Everyone has its favourite.

Well, some things in music you just have to admit are masterpieces, It's forty years since almost, and no one has yet made an album that is as creative as, or covers as much musical ground successfully in 35 minutes, as Sgt. Peppers did. And considering that Revolver is seen by many as the source of pop music, and has the source of all techno, in the song "Tomorrow Never Knows", you have to admit The Beatles are amazing in their works.