✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Martin and Paltrow are leaving Britain

LifeLight

From RTE.ie

Martin and Paltrow are leaving Britain

Colplay's Chris Martin and his wife, actress Gwyneth Paltrow, are leaving Britain after being frightened by the recent terror attacks on London.

The pair have reportedly decided that a new home in Los Angeles will be the perfect location to bring up their one-year-old daughter, Apple.

As well as the recent London bombings, an attempted break-in has also scared singer Chris.

"Chris thinks LA will provide a better quality of life," one friend told tabloid newspaper the Daily Star.

Paltrow is reportedly also pleased that she will be close to Hollywood, which she hopes will help her career.

ContactMusic

PALTROW DESERTS BRITAIN

GYWNETH PALTROW is househunting in Los Angeles because she no longer feels safe in London following last month's (07JUL05) terrorist attacks.

The SLIDING DOORS actress currently has homes in London and New York but can't relax in either of the terrorist targetted cities.

And she is determined not to let anything threaten her cosy family life with husband CHRIS MARTIN and daughter APPLE.

A source tells British newspaper The Mail on Sunday, "They are worried about safety in London following the bombings.

"Gywneth also needs to be close to the studios. Chris is happy for them to have a third home in LA because he thinks it will provide a better quality life for his family."

28/08/2005 14:05

Don't know how reliable is Daily Star, but that's it !

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY! Now we Americans OWN THEM! *cackles and rubs hands together*

:dozey:

Well I don't normally believe the reasons people who pretend to know celebrities give newspapers and magazines. But if they're really worried about terrorist attacks, maybe move to Norway or something? Antartica is good. :P Nah. I really hate gossip like this, it's none of my business where they want to live and why.

Oh, and http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21086

Why shud l.a. be more save from bomb attacks than london? :stunned:

Well, so far it's prooved to be a tad safer. I mean we got attacks here with 9/11, but they did not repeat themselves the way they have in London. I don't think anyone can blame them for their decision.

Andddd.... we own them! :sneaky: :wink3: :wink:

its safer just because its hasnt been attacked yet????? how dumb! if they want security and peace why dont they move to ghana? chris was there for the MTF campaing! or why dont they move to some place deep into the amazon? :huh: :huh: they're probably avoiding the english media, but hey! they'll find more over her in the US! :huh:

^i think thats the main reason,is that she has a couple of film projects coming up and it would be easier to get a house in LA. They are keeping their house in london though i believe...i dont think their selling it.

Also i dont see all of coldplay living perminantly in LA, well jonny will go where-ever chris goes, but still....what would happen to the band???? :stunned:

its safer just because its hasnt been attacked yet????? how dumb! if they want security and peace why dont they move to ghana? chris was there for the MTF campaing! or why dont they move to some place deep into the amazon? :huh: :huh: they're probably avoiding the english media' date=' but hey! they'll find more over her in the US! :huh:[/quote']

Err, hell yes it's safer because it has not been attacked yet. 9/11 was in 2001 and we've been attack free since then. The London bombings repeated themselves way too soon for comfort, my friend.

Lets be realistic - do you really expect them to move to Ghana?! Would you? I don't think so. The resources and comforts in England and the U.S are way different than those in Ghana, and they are not used to that. There aren't much differences between the UK and the US except maybe the accents, so it would be the next choice. It ridiculous to say they should move somewhere deep in the Amazon, not realistic at all.

Apple'd get malaria if they moved to Ghana or the Amazon. Actually, no she wouldn't because it just takes a simple shot to save her from the mosquito bites that all the western world can obtain...

Oy, sorry I get very... Into that LMFAO!!!

YEAH! I say we all move to the Congo! Civil war, hell yeah! At least there's no paparazzi!

I think we all need to chill just a bit about this, because we're ranting about Chris and Gwyn's private decision based on something that we don't even know about! I don't think what air your breathing in what country is going to make you play the guitar any differently. Oh who knows, I'm just talking out my ass again. :confused: :lol:

i think all of coldplay should move to seattle' date=' that's what i think. fucking awesome place to live, and no terror attacks! did i mention it's a fucking awesome place to live?[/quote']

You just want Jonny in your bed, you stinky slut!

:rolleyes:

:lol:

I think they should all move to Rhode Island! Smallest state in the US and no one gives a shit about it! The only problem we have are crooked politicians and an obsession with Dunkin Donuts! We have the Newport Folk Festival though... :) And um. Coffee milk. And nice beaches and um.... Me?

:wink3:

^also there is talk going around london to be careful and stay away if you can in september cause we COULD be getting more :stunned: so with all this going on i can see why they want to do it....but i have to say i would never leave my LONDON.....never :smug:

well i am cause im going back to uni...but if i wasnt i would stay put :smug:

^i love your spirit...this is what they want, to hurt us and their not going to they dint with america (well i mean you bounced back) and we will be the same....

Fuck them is what i say FUCK THEM the fucking c**ts :angry: :angry:

i dont like the c word and im sorry for using it...but i mean it :angry:

I presonally think everyone is just kidding themselves when they try to believe that! im scared of going to London now...! The Jokes on us because they don't care at all about dying. However , i do...and i don't want my body blown apart, or even just a leg blown off!

no i dont want to die or get hurt...but im not going to live my life in fear...cause this is just what they want, and im not going to give it to them.

I was up oxford street just today, got home a few hours ago, i went shopping, just woke up and thought im going to go out, just like normal.