✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My day sucked but how was urs?

Manders

My day was absolutely horrible. The tone for today was set by such a little thing it might surely seem ridiculous and silly to many of you now.

Well, in the morning I went to school. The weather wasn't beautiful at all. It was snowing a bit, a wind blowing against my face and the surface of roads and pavements were really slippery because of the ice and snow. Then the strike came when I was preparing for the first class. I found out that I had left my pencil case at home! That's the point at the moment because wherever I go with my schoolbag I always carry the pen case with myself. This is going to sound totally stupid and laughable but I feel incomplete not having a pencil case with myself when I actually need it. The minute I realized that I knew the rest of the day was going to be awful. I borrowed a pen and a pencil from my classmate and managed to lost them all in six hours, this can be a new record, right? Furthermore, I sat three exams and I don't feel I got everything right. Everything has just went wrong. It's funny how a little thing can bring so much adversity. Well, maybe problems of a school enthusiast indeed.

Aw I'm sorry...that's actually insane! Maybe you did better than you thought...and I had exams today too:(

• Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My day was absolutely horrible. The tone for today was set by such a little thing it might surely seem ridiculous and silly to many of you now.

Well, in the morning I went to school. The weather wasn't beautiful at all. It was snowing a bit, a wind blowing against my face and the surface of roads and pavements were really slippery because of the ice and snow. Then the strike came when I was preparing for the first class. I found out that I had left my pencil case at home! That's the point at the moment because wherever I go with my schoolbag I always carry the pen case with myself. This is going to sound totally stupid and laughable but I feel incomplete not having a pencil case with myself when I actually need it. The minute I realized that I knew the rest of the day was going to be awful. I borrowed a pen and a pencil from my classmate and managed to lost them all in six hours, this can be a new record, right? Furthermore, I sat three exams and I don't feel I got everything right. Everything has just went wrong. It's funny how a little thing can bring so much adversity. Well, maybe problems of a school enthusiast indeed.

This is one of my nightmares too! I don't like it when I leave my pencil case back. Well don't worry for the exams because sometimes when we are a bit down we don't evaluate our effort as it is. I have the same problem with exams especially this year.

फृआगइआष

• Like 1

Aw I'm sorry...that's actually insane! Maybe you did better than you thought...and I had exams today too:(

Thank you. I hope I did actually do well but back then I felt totally useless. I'm hopeful you will pass with flying colours!

Aww I remember exam days. You'll get past all this and go on to great jobs I'm sure. Good luck!

Thank you very much. But ouch, exam days are always horrifying for me. It feels like going to school with the empty head when one actually studied the night before. :joy:

This is one of my nightmares too! I don't like it when I leave my pencil case back. Well don't worry for the exams because sometimes when we are a bit down we don't evaluate our effort as it is. I have the same problem with exams especially this year.

फृआगइआष

Haha, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with this specific problem at all! That's true... I tried my best but even though I believe I could have done better if I weren't losing my nerve internally. :laughing: Well, it's only the midterm anyway... The end of school year matters more than the present.

I feel ya. Exam time is stressful. But once it's over it's over. In the future these will become obsolete.

And it's possible you probably did better than you think you did, as long as you don't have my current study habits lmao.

I actually failed one of my midterms, but in the end it was a bit of a wake up call for me to get off my ass and start asking questions because I didn't understand the material for half the year. (Funny thing was I swear my teacher made the test as simple as he could and a lot of students did ok, my head was just in a different planet). If you don't do that well, just re-evaluate what you need to change for next semester.

Thank you for the words of encouragement! Haha, I hope so... Perhaps I am just overreacting and overestimating the whole situation of mine though.

Oh... I'm sorry about it. They say that failure is a ladder to success. It must be true when we make mistakes to learn from them. Hm, maybe I might really ask teachers more even though I try to avoid that as much as I can because I don't want to slow them down and cause the whole class to be falling behind with the teacher's plan. Hence I prefer inquiring my classmates about a curriculum I don't understand to enquiring my teachers...

• Like 1

[spoiler=UNRAVELLING OF MY STORY] @Carolina* , @onlylove , @yoyo2000 , @Draco Plot twist: I've just discovered now that I had left the pen and the pencil borrowed from my friend in the side pocket of my schoolbag which I didn't check to see when I was looking for both of them... I musta been crazy. What was I thinking? Slap my face and tell me it is not true at all! I wish this had not ever happened! :joy:

• Like 2

Hey don't worry @M Marks The Spot I always feel incomplete without a half-dozen pens! You are not alone!

My day sucked (but not really except for one thing) obligatory post of my own so I'm not just dropping into the middle of the conversation like a heathen:

Accidentally cut someone off on the highway coming home--tried to get around them as we were coming up on a (very) slow car and thought I had enough room. I got around them, but their rapid-fire honking told me I probably had less room than I thought I did. Sorry, lady driving the large white truck; what I did was not smart!

Though you were illegally camping in the left lane, and you sped around me, honked, and flipped me the bird afterward, so I guess we're even?

• Like 1

Yup I dreamed about Coldplay today and then thought about this forum and all the crazy poop I did on here so I had to at least say hi =D

Also pick up your award for Missing In Action 2017 ! And the inactivity has taken its toll on the votes, I've seen you missed out on Biggest Coldplaying Perv this time :eek:

• 2 months later...

Today has been an interesting and quite unusual day for me.

I went to bed at 1.30 AM after I had finished writing my seminar paper for biology and then got up at 7.10 in the morning to prepare myself for school.

Despite the small number of hours I had slept, I was still able to concentrate at school which I found really strange and abnormal. However, I was totally unimpressed by the curriculum I was exposed to by the teachers. I believe I would have been more interested and enjoyed the classes more if I had felt more relaxed.

In the afternoon after school on way home I caught up with one of my favourite teachers to give him back the paper with the marks written and divided according to the points which I had found in the heap of tests he had returned us. I truly expected myself to speed up to move away from him as much as possible but started to chat with the teacher instead. Wait a moment, what? I really did what? Excuse me, I still can't believe it! What on Earth was I thinking? Looking back, it still appears to be surreal.

So I took advantage of the situation and talked to him about whatever I was speaking to him about. I'm bewildered now and completely out of my mind. And the question is whether it is alright for both students and teachers to natter with each other as acquaintances outside school (I attend high school). What's your opinion?

• Like 2

I went to bed at 1.30 AM after I had finished writing my seminar paper for biology and then got up at 7.10 in the morning to prepare myself for school.

Despite the small number of hours I had slept, I was still able to concentrate at school which I found really strange and abnormal. However, I was totally unimpressed by the curriculum I was exposed to by the teachers. I believe I would have been more interested and enjoyed the classes more if I had felt more relaxed.

In the afternoon after school on way to home I caught up with one of my favourite teachers to give him back the paper with the marks written and divided according to the points which I had found in the heap of tests he had returned us. I truly expected myself to speed up to move away from him as much as possible but started to chat with the teacher instead. Wait a moment, what? I really did what? Excuse me, I still can't believe it! What on Earth was I thinking? Looking back, it still appears to be surreal.

So I took advantage of the situation and talked to him about whatever I was speaking to him about. I'm bewildered now and completely out of my mind. And the question is whether it is alright for both students and teachers to natter with each other as acquaintances outside school (I attend high school). What's your opinion?

I think it is but obviously it depends on how well you know the teacher. If you're in a small class or have had the same teacher for many years, it's different than a huge class especially like the lecture hall type classes in college. One of my friends even had dinner at one of her teacher's houses...

• Like 1

I think it is but obviously it depends on how well you know the teacher. If you're in a small class or have had the same teacher for many years, it's different than a huge class especially like the lecture hall type classes in college. One of my friends even had dinner at one of her teacher's houses...

So this teacher is the one who teaches History in my class (29 students) and then Latin (15 students from 3 different classes in the same grade) for people who have decided to attend voluntarily including me as you know. And I've had him since September last year and I never talk to him unless he asks me questions during the lessons or when I have really something to say if he wants to know something about my classmates and the situation in my class and so on except for today, ha.

I wouldn't truly mind befriending or getting closer with him if I wasn't his student and he as my teacher because it all makes the situation more impossible for me due to professionalism and not messing with the people around. It would look totally strange and bad. I'll definitely try to do something with that when I graduate. And you know what? Hominem te esse, memento.

• Like 1

In the afternoon after school on way home I caught up with one of my favourite teachers to give him back the paper with the marks written and divided according to the points which I had found in the heap of tests he had returned us. I truly expected myself to speed up to move away from him as much as possible but started to chat with the teacher instead. Wait a moment, what? I really did what? Excuse me, I still can't believe it! What on Earth was I thinking? Looking back, it still appears to be surreal.

I think it's absolutely normal if not necessary to talk to your teacher once in a while privately. This may solve some of your questions on his subject or break the ice between you (by learning each other's character better). Actually, there is a method of learning, founded by Aristotle (who was from my town[emoji5]), named Peripatetic (walking), which means that the teacher teaches, while walking with his student/s. This method helped Alexander the Great conquer the world, as he was his student. I just wanted to say that walking and talking with a wise man is always good for you.
  • Like 1

So this teacher is the one who teaches History in my class (29 students) and then Latin (15 students from 3 different classes in the same grade) for people who have decided to attend voluntarily including me as you know. And I've had him since September last year and I never talk to him unless he asks me questions during the lessons or when I have really something to say if he wants to know something about my classmates and the situation in my class and so on except for today, ha.

I wouldn't truly mind befriending or getting closer with him if I wasn't his student and he as my teacher because it all makes the situation more impossible for me due to professionalism and not messing with the people around. It would look totally strange and bad. I'll definitely try to do something with that when I graduate. And you know what? Hominem te esse, memento.

Yeah it can be kind of scary to talk to teachers about casual things but if you want is does seem worth it when you graduate since then you aren't their student anymore. I really like my Latin teacher and I've had him for years and I'm graduating in a month so maybe I should try...

• Like 1

My day was actually good but can posers stop giving spoilers of infinity wars to real fans ?? They have runined it for me today

I can feel you though I'm not a fan of that franchise and haven't seen any films of it. Yesterday my friends were talking about the film during the break between lessons they had seen in the cinema and guess what. The others overheard the conversation and complained that they hadn't been to the cinema to see it. That is that. :D

• Like 1

I can feel you though I'm not a fan of that franchise and haven't seen any films of it. Yesterday my friends were talking about the film during the break between lessons they had seen in the cinema and guess what. The others overheard the conversation and complained that they hadn't been to the cinema to see it. That is that. :D
Well, if i overhear it im not mad because it wasnt theyr intention. But when youre a real fan that didnt even watch the trailer to be suprised fully and your poser classmates tell you spoilers after you asked them not to and they laugh and keep telling spoiler throughout the day, of course im mad at them. Im not even watching the movie anymore. They've ruined it for me, all this hype for nothing....
  • Like 1

Well, if i overhear it im not mad because it wasnt theyr intention. But when youre a real fan that didnt even watch the trailer to be suprised fully and your poser classmates tell you spoilers after you asked them not to and they laugh and keep telling spoiler throughout the day, of course im mad at them. Im not even watching the movie anymore. They've ruined it for me, all this hype for nothing....

They truly did that? Yeah, that's awful and unfortunate but let it be. You shouldn't let yourself be influenced by the others this way. I get that they have wrecked your experience but forget about them. You can it as they wanted to prepare you for the film although I guess this is not the way you really perceive it. You might go to the cinema, see it by yourself and picture it your own way.

• Like 1

I think it's absolutely normal if not necessary to talk to your teacher once in a while privately. This may solve some of your questions on his subject or break the ice between you (by learning each other's character better). Actually, there is a method of learning, founded by Aristotle (who was from my town[emoji5]), named Peripatetic (walking), which means that the teacher teaches, while walking with his student/s. This method helped Alexander the Great conquer the world, as he was his student. I just wanted to say that walking and talking with a wise man is always good for you.

The funny thing is that it was the very first time yesterday I spoke to him in the flesh. I usually ask him about doubts regarding schoolwork after a lesson when he's still in the classroom but it was more of a chatter and prattling on about school stuff yesterday. It was a really nice chat, though. Peripatetic? I've never heard about that. However, it is very interesting. I prefer talking when walking to chatting when sitting at a table or on a bench. I've got to practise that more! :joy:

• Like 1