🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Frames / The Swell Season / Once

::Hayley::

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AH! It was tonight?? How was it? (as if I even need to ask)

It was beyond incredible. It was basically The Frames + Mar as Colm, Joe, Graham, and Rob of the Frames were all there. They played People Get Ready and Red Chord (both Frames songs) which were awesome. It was soooo good, about 800 million times better than the Coldplay concert I went to last year.

It was beyond incredible. It was basically The Frames + Mar as Colm, Joe, Graham, and Rob of the Frames were all there. They played People Get Ready and Red Chord (both Frames songs) which were awesome. It was soooo good, about 800 million times better than the Coldplay concert I went to last year.

what were, would you say, the top 5-10 songs they played?

what were, would you say, the top 5-10 songs they played?

People Get Ready was awesome

Red Chord was a huge surprise and sounded fantastic with Mar

But the three best were during Glen's acoustic set. He did Leave which was brutally sickly awesome, he did Say It To Me Now off of the mic like he sometimes does. But by far the best performance was his cover of Van Morrison's Astral Weeks where he went insane on his guitar, chopping away at the strings faster than anything I've seen while he was screaming and banging his head. It was filthy and unbelievable. The man is a God.

Here are some videos I found taken last night:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LprAALvCdBI]YouTube- The Swell Season - Leave - Lupo's - Providence, RI, 11-07-09[/ame]

Off the mic:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQt6TZZFEb8]YouTube- The Swell Season - Say It To Me Now - Lupo's - Providence, RI, 11-07-09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIIOU9ISTcE]YouTube- The Swell Season - When Your Mind's Made Up - Lupo's - Providence, RI, 11-07-09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MRMTxSqNOw]YouTube- The Swell Season - Falling Slowly[/ame]

My seats were nowhere near these, I was up in the front of the balcony section, but I still got a great view of the whole show.

i did listened the frames time ago...

just a question, which songs/albums you'll recommend me to check first (to check the frames again) and to get into the swell season and once?

thanks in advance. :)

For The Frames: If you are into deeper, more melodic songs that are less rock-y (more Coldplay-esque perhaps) than I'd start with The Cost. Not a single weak spot on that album. But if you are more into rocking and want to hear the band's true beginnings, Fitzcarraldo is a classic. Really all their albums are fantastic, but those two make good starting points.

Swell Season: They only have two albums, so I'd go in order.

Once: Just go see the movie and you'll want to but the soundtrack. You'll never regret it.

Key songs are Falling Slowly, When Your Mind's Made Up, Fitzcarraldo, Sad Songs, Star Star, Lay Me Down, Pavement Tune, Seven Day Mile, Revelate, Fake, and The Dancer. IMO anyway.

Enjoy discovering the band that's so great they made me forget about Coldplay for 8 months. :)

For The Frames: If you are into deeper, more melodic songs that are less rock-y (more Coldplay-esque perhaps) than I'd start with The Cost. Not a single weak spot on that album. But if you are more into rocking and want to hear the band's true beginnings, Fitzcarraldo is a classic. Really all their albums are fantastic, but those two make good starting points.

Swell Season: They only have two albums, so I'd go in order.

Once: Just go see the movie and you'll want to but the soundtrack. You'll never regret it.

Key songs are Falling Slowly, When Your Mind's Made Up, Fitzcarraldo, Sad Songs, Star Star, Lay Me Down, Pavement Tune, Seven Day Mile, Revelate, Fake, and The Dancer. IMO anyway.

Enjoy discovering the band that's so great they made me forget about Coldplay for 8 months. :)

thanks for the advice, i started chronologically, but from recent to older albums.

i liked star star and the dancer a lot :)

newest album i found it more calmy :thinking:

i'll check swell season.

i don't think i'll can go see the movie, surely (knowning my luck about it) it won't be possible to do so.