🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Frames / The Swell Season / Once

::Hayley::

thanks for the advice, i started chronologically, but from recent to older albums.

i liked star star and the dancer a lot :)

newest album i found it more calmy :thinking:

i'll check swell season.

i don't think i'll can go see the movie, surely (knowning my luck about it) it won't be possible to do so.

That's basically what I am doing, except I started with The Cost. They basically get better as they go.

Both Swell Season albums are terrific, as well as the Once soundtrack album.

You might be able to find it online to watch somewhere, I'm relatively certain some people on here have seen it online.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah and there's this:

glenandme.jpg

Yeah, that's me. And yeah that's Glen.

Always stay after the show. They always meet and greet. Trust me, it's worth 30 minutes in the freezing cold.

wooow awesome, Glen is a real lovely person

congratz

very nie picture :nice:

Yeah, he's like the coolest guy in the world.

I got his autograph, that pic, shook his hand twice, and basically told him thanks for his music and that I love all the Frames songs especially Fitzcarraldo. He said "The lads will be glad to hear that." lol...the lads

Oh also he told me I should go busking, so now I gotta :rolleyes:

Yeah, he's like the coolest guy in the world.

I got his autograph, that pic, shook his hand twice, and basically told him thanks for his music and that I love all the Frames songs especially Fitzcarraldo. He said "The lads will be glad to hear that." lol...the lads

Oh also he told me I should go busking, so now I gotta :rolleyes:

hahaha he wants you to do like what he did on Once :P

you're very lucky i'm jealous

i wonder why Coldplay don't do that :P

hahaha he wants you to do like what he did on Once :P

you're very lucky i'm jealous

i wonder why Coldplay don't do that :P

I'm sure he figured out I liked that stuff too :dozey:

you should be jealous :smug:

Coldplay isn't cool enough to meet and greet nearly a hundred fans after a two hour show in like 30 degree weather.

i want to meet him seriously...actually the whole band

and you liked Once, why that dozey smiley haha

btw in the picture, it doesn't seem like it was 30 degree :lol:

Graham (the drummer) was also there but I didn't meet him. Marketa had a cold and was on the tour bus, and some lucky little girls in front of me got to go on the bus and meet her! lucky...

well it was bloody cold I tell you what

Oh yeah and there's this:

glenandme.jpg

Yeah, that's me. And yeah that's Glen.

Always stay after the show. They always meet and greet. Trust me, it's worth 30 minutes in the freezing cold.

Aww, what a great picture :D! So nice of him to "meet and greet" the fans! I wish they came to Norway :(.

He's so small in real life. I expected him to be all tall and big like Chris Martin, you know really imposing and such.

He stepped off the bus and no one even noticed him, he was dressed so casually and he was so tiny! As you can see he's only a bit taller than me (I'm 5'4") and he's so skinny. He's just so average, if it weren't for his red hair, Irish accent, and pure Godlyness he could blend in anywhere!

The beginning of this video Glen talks about 'I Am Legend', Twilight, reluctant vampirism, and responds to a shout from the crowd. Plus the awesome performance of The Moon afterwards, but the first minute and a half is hilarious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7EdE8Hp4-k]YouTube- The Swell Season - The Moon - "This is the first date."[/ame]

(This was from the show I was at)

I saw the incredible awesomeness that is the Swell Season last night. I :heart: Glen Hansard. BUT, due to circumstances beyond my control, I didn't get to stay after and try to meet him. :bigcry:

Though I'm really disappointed about that, I was absolutely blown away by the show. Glen, Mar and the rest of the guys are obviously very passionate about what they do, and they seemed to put everything into the performance. They played forever and I loved every minute. Absolutely incredible.

I'm so glad you had the chance to see them live though jenflor (sorry, dont know your name), it must have been incredible as you said!

I'm such in a Swell Season mood today :heart:!

Thanks! I'm Jen :nice: You're Rania, right?

It was such an amazing concert. I think Fitz mentioned it in his review... it's just so cool how they need nothing other than their instruments and their voices, they performed for 2 full hours and made it such an intimate, meaningful show. Was just beautiful.

I've really been in a Swell Season mood, too... love the new album, particularly Low Rising, I Have Loved You Wrong and Paper Cup (though really, the whole thing is fantastic). Glen's performance of Back Broke at the show was perfection.

Thanks! I'm Jen :nice: You're Rania, right?

It was such an amazing concert. I think Fitz mentioned it in his review... it's just so cool how they need nothing other than their instruments and their voices, they performed for 2 full hours and made it such an intimate, meaningful show. Was just beautiful.

I've really been in a Swell Season mood, too... love the new album, particularly Low Rising, I Have Loved You Wrong and Paper Cup (though really, the whole thing is fantastic). Glen's performance of Back Broke at the show was perfection.

Yes, I am! Damnit, I actullay knew your name was Jen, I'm sorry! :facepalm:

Yeah, that must have been so amazing! That's really what music's all about you know? You dont need anything "flashy" or extraordinary to make it a gerat experience, just the passion of singing and playing the intruments is really what you need!

I have listen to few of those songs acoustic on youtube, but I dont want to listen to the album before I've bought it! I ordered the Deluxe Edition today ( they didnt have at the store :( )! But I'm really looking forward to get it :D.

I wish they came to Norway, they are going to Sweden, Denmark AND Finland, but not Norway :(.

very cool mash-up that has When Your Mind's made up and a bunch of other songs in 5/4

http://gatherroundchildren.wordpress.com/2007/12/10/new-remix-minds-made-up-morning-bell-15-step/

That was pretty cool. Loved the beginning, though (and please don't kill me, I know you're a huge Radiohead fan) I thought the end *did* go on a little too long. thanks for posting it!

Yes, I am! Damnit, I actullay knew your name was Jen, I'm sorry! :facepalm:

Yeah, that must have been so amazing! That's really what music's all about you know? You dont need anything "flashy" or extraordinary to make it a gerat experience, just the passion of singing and playing the intruments is really what you need!

I have listen to few of those songs acoustic on youtube, but I dont want to listen to the album before I've bought it! I ordered the Deluxe Edition today ( they didnt have at the store :( )! But I'm really looking forward to get it :D.

I wish they came to Norway, they are going to Sweden, Denmark AND Finland, but not Norway :(.

Oh, that sucks that you won't get a chance to see them. :( I know you'll enjoy the album, though. I also got the Deluxe edition, and I love it. I've not finished watching the DVD yet, so I'm excited to get a chance to sit and pay attention to it!

And no worries about the name thing... it's hard to keep everyone's name straight sometimes! :nice:

^ Yaaaj, congrats :D. Have fun!

That was pretty cool. Loved the beginning, though (and please don't kill me, I know you're a huge Radiohead fan) I thought the end *did* go on a little too long. thanks for posting it!

Oh, that sucks that you won't get a chance to see them. :( I know you'll enjoy the album, though. I also got the Deluxe edition, and I love it. I've not finished watching the DVD yet, so I'm excited to get a chance to sit and pay attention to it!

And no worries about the name thing... it's hard to keep everyone's name straight sometimes! :nice:

Yeah, its sucks big time :(! Maybe IF I can and I've got the money I'll go to Sweden or something.. but I doubt it :(.. Oh, nice, I'm really excited about it :dance:!

:nice:

I saw the incredible awesomeness that is the Swell Season last night. I :heart: Glen Hansard. BUT, due to circumstances beyond my control, I didn't get to stay after and try to meet him. :bigcry:

Though I'm really disappointed about that, I was absolutely blown away by the show. Glen, Mar and the rest of the guys are obviously very passionate about what they do, and they seemed to put everything into the performance. They played forever and I loved every minute. Absolutely incredible.

Awesome, glad you enjoyed the show.

beyond epic

Indeed.

:cool:

very cool mash-up that has When Your Mind's made up and a bunch of other songs in 5/4

http://gatherroundchildren.wordpress.com/2007/12/10/new-remix-minds-made-up-morning-bell-15-step/

scary stuff :\

Got the tickets! :dance:

Sweetness!