✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Frames / The Swell Season / Once

::Hayley::

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I bet you guys have seen this already, but I have to post this.

YouTube- Glen Hansard Red Chord Last Goodbye Other Voices 2004

This is real music.

Freaking brilliant.

Thanks for posting, Rania! I'm pretty much a Glen/SS/Frames novice, so Red Chord was new to me. it was beautiful. Last Goodbye is one of my all-time favorite songs and it was lovely to hear Glen's take on it. :wacky: He conveys so much emotion in his performances! :wacky:

No problem Jen :D! Yeah, I'm in the same mood as you! Cant stop listening to them, and I cant stop playing their songs on my guitar!

Here's a video Glen posted on his twitter, Back Broke, pretty amazing :D!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvOIFxOnfVM]YouTube- The Swell Season Backbroke[/ame]

Here are three videos as well from an italian page.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3SqtfiZJIk]YouTube- The Swell Season - LIsten Girl[/ame]

Mic Christopher cover.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MZMIYIVLtA]YouTube- The Swell Season - "Drive all night" (Live, Milano, 7/2/2010)[/ame]

Springsteen cover.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDT2J5qiMqc]YouTube- The Swell Season - "Gold" e "What happens when the heart just stops" (Live, Milano, 7/2/2010)[/ame]

Gold and What Happens When The Heart Just Stops.

What Happens When The Heart Just Stops may be one of the saddest song I've ever heard, but my God, it's so beautiful.

I'm going to the big city soon, hopefully I'll find some more of The Frames CD's!

Sorry but don't get your hopes up. Ireland is the only place where you might find their CD's commonly.

Thanks for posting, Rania! I'm pretty much a Glen/SS/Frames novice, so Red Chord was new to me. it was beautiful. Last Goodbye is one of my all-time favorite songs and it was lovely to hear Glen's take on it. :wacky: He conveys so much emotion in his performances! :wacky:

You should listen to the album version of Red Chord, it's a Frames classic. Anything you want to know or any music of his you want just ask me or ask in this thread. I'm always glad to make more fans of Glen!

Sorry but don't get your hopes up. Ireland is the only place where you might find their CD's commonly.

You should listen to the album version of Red Chord, it's a Frames classic. Anything you want to know or any music of his you want just ask me or ask in this thread. I'm always glad to make more fans of Glen!

Thanks, I will :nice: I've got The Cost, the Once Soundtrack, and Strict Joy, and I love them all... but I should probably try more! What album is Red Chord on?

Are you guys going to any of the new US tour dates?

I wish I could, but no nearby shows. If I was all you I'd do what I'm doing. Save money and wait until The Frames 20th Anniversary Tour later this year.

same for me. Closest show is not close at all. I'm hoping they may add more dates, though I did just get to see them in November. Of course, I'd happily go again and again!! @Heatseeker (I'm sorry, I don't remember your name :shame:), is the Frames 20th anni tour something that's definitely happening?

Thanks, I will :nice: I've got The Cost, the Once Soundtrack, and Strict Joy, and I love them all... but I should probably try more! What album is Red Chord on?

The Cost = my favorite Frames album (most of the time, depends on the day :awesome:)

Red Chord is on Fitzcarraldo, one of the best Frames albums! Chalk full of classics including the original 5 minute version of 'Say It To Me Now'.

I highly suggest you find a way to buy the album yourself, though I admit their early albums are so rare I only have them as downloads.

If you want Fitzcarraldo to listen to, let me know and I can upload it in a jiffy. ;)

@Heatseeker (I'm sorry, I don't remember your name :shame:), is the Frames 20th anni tour something that's definitely happening?

My name's Nick (that's ok, you can call me Heatseeker). There haven't been any confirmed dates or official plans yet, but is surely is going to happen, Glen has said so on many occasions. A European tour for sure and possibly in the US as well.

Yeah, but I'll give it a try.. the webpage of the recordstore I'm going to says they have most of the CD's, so either they are there or I can ask them to import them for me.

Oh, and I'm hoping to see The Frames later this year as well, hopefully they'll stop by Norway! Or atleast Sweden!

God, I'm spamming this thread lately!

Anyway, I dont know if any of you have seen this live, but I've been looking for it for ages and I finally found The Verb live!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfNwOl1nBUY]YouTube- The Swell Season - The Verb Live @ Shepherd's Bush Empire[/ame]

Ok, now I don't freaking care if I'm spamming this thread!

I was looking through iTunes and I found a bonus track on Strict Joy that isnt on the CD! Don't know if any of you have already heard it, but here it is, and it's lovely!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcWDDZ_G1rQ]YouTube- The Swell Season - Somebody Good[/ame]

Hey, I don't know if there are any guitar players amongst you, but I have been trying to find a good The Rain (by The Swell Season, of course :wacky:) guitar tab and ultimate-guitar.com failed me this time.

Has anyone here figured a tab out?

Hey, I don't know if there are any guitar players amongst you, but I have been trying to find a good The Rain (by The Swell Season, of course :wacky:) guitar tab and ultimate-guitar.com failed me this time.

Has anyone here figured a tab out?

If you ever have tab questions, ask here. I'm a guitarist, I can probably help you!

For The Rain: This tab is almost 100% correct: http://www.911tabs.com/link/?6766909

The only thing needing to be added is that during the "Had enough / Swallowed up...plenty more where that came from" part in the middle and the end of the song..play D, C (add the low G on the E string), Em, and G. All those chords relative to a capo on the second fret.

Simple as that. The strum pattern is wicked hard to play and sing at the same time, but since when has Glen worried about playing easy parts? :D

Good luck. :wink:

If you ever have tab questions, ask here. I'm a guitarist, I can probably help you!

For The Rain: This tab is almost 100% correct: http://www.911tabs.com/link/?6766909

The only thing needing to be added is that during the "Had enough / Swallowed up...plenty more where that came from" part in the middle and the end of the song..play D, C (add the low G on the E string), Em, and G. All those chords relative to a capo on the second fret.

Simple as that. The strum pattern is wicked hard to play and sing at the same time, but since when has Glen worried about playing easy parts? :D

Good luck. :wink:

Alright, I'll make sure to give it a try and I'll come back to you about it :nice: Thank you :)

And since you're a guitar player, do you have any High Horses tab too? I haven't found any on 911tabs or ultimateguitar.com. I was wondering if you might have figured something out? I can play the guitar and figure some basic chords, but I am having a hard time with The Swell Season stuff, hahaha.