🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Fray

About A Girl

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're decent, nice to hear on the radio but I have to question their longevity. When pop radio first adopted them, as usual, they begin playing each and every single the band dished out from that album. Because of this, they were sort of inflated by the media to be a bigger, more talented band then they actually are. I mean, the piano is good but generally one-dimensional, their last single "I'll look after you" kind of made it apparent to me that their material wasn't particularly fresh. By what I recall they struggle with bassists, and the guitarist is amateurish.

Don't get me wrong, they're a decent band... but my worry is that, unless they make an incredible second album, they'll have died out in the nation's eye within the next couple years. Basically swallowed up and spit back out.

"You Found Me" is certainly on par with the quaility of their initial material, but doesn't branch out into any new territory. This may just be their way of pulling back onto the scene while also pulling back their fanbase. There could still be some surprises on the album.

Though in regards to the Coldplay comparisons, it took a while for them also to step out of their zone of comfort, so I won't start rolling my eyes at The Fray until they come out with a 3rd or 4th album with no freshness.

The only problem is that prime time TV is going to go back into their Fray-whoring frenzy, thereby diminishing their novelty all over again.

I like their new song, and you're right to say they shouldtry something different but this song has been out there for a while, they played it in their past tour so it's maybe more form then than from now, maybe more recent songs will show uswhat they've been doing. It would be great if someone recorded their performance to see it cause I don't know when I can get to see it here or if I can even see it at all

• 4 weeks later...

Two more songs now made public.

First up is "Say When", which was put up on the band's website last week but now I can't find it anymore. :\ Ah well, you can hear it on YouTube at least.

Next is "Syndicate", which can be purchased exclusively at Amazon, but obviously can also be listened to on YouTube any time. :D

Both are very lovely songs - if again - nothing groundbreaking. "Say When" is perhaps my favorite of the three we've heard. Feels a bit more dramatic than most previous material.

• 3 weeks later...

The Fray: Coldplay are an inspiration

550x140_music_back_into_the_fray.jpg

The Fray have revealed that Coldplay inspire them to "do better" as a band. The Colorado four-piece, who scored a top five hit with 'How To Save A Life' in 2006, were blown away by the English band's Viva La Vida album.

"Viva La Vida is amazing! Some of the sounds on that record are just incredible and that's what I find inspiring," drummer Ben Wysocki told DigitalSpy. "They're not just turning out melodies that you can sing to in the shower, they're progressing into different sonic landscapes and collaborating with different producers."

However, Wysocki insisted that The Fray, who release their second album next month, do not view Coldplay as chart competitors. "Whenever people compare us to Coldplay, we take it as a compliment because we're big fans of the band," he said. "But it's kind of selling yourself short to view your fellow artists as rivals, because you have to focus on being the best you can be. We don't see Coldplay as competition, but they do kinda inspire us to do better."

Click here to read the full interview with The Fray

In an interview, Isaac Slade expressed his meaning behind the lyrics of the song:

"You Found Me" is a tough song for me. Its about the disappointment, the heart ache, the let down that comes with life. Sometimes you’re let down, sometimes you’re the one who lets someone else down. It gets hard to know who you can trust, who you can count on. This song came out of a tough time, and I’m still right in the thick of it. There’s some difficult circumstances my family and friends have been going through over the past year or so and can be overwhelming. It wears on me. It demands so much of my faith to keep believing, keep hoping in the unseen. Sometimes the tunnel has a light at the end, but usually they just look black as night. This song is about that feeling, and the hope that I still have, buried deep in my chest.

Furthermore, in a Reuters article about the new album, Slade says that the lyrics for "You Found Me" were written two and a half years ago, and that the song is asking the question about why bad things happen to good people after some of their friends and family went through very tough times.

Source: Wikipedia

I don't understand the video though. I saw there's an accident, but Isaac's face was like :blank:.. Huh? :lol:

Yeah, "Trust Me" is probably my favorite also.

In the link, Corkus posted, it says the new album will be released on 9th February but on the official website they say it'll be released on 2th March. I'm kind of confused. :confused:

Here in North America, our dates are written "month-day-year". So the official site reads February 3rd. Other regions may get it a few days earlier or later.

Yeah, "Trust Me" is probably my favorite also.

Here in North America, our dates are written "month-day-year". So the official site reads February 3rd. Other regions may get it a few days earlier or later.

Thank you for helping! I'm always forgetting, that the American date is written in another way, always. :dozey: