• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A-ha receives a prestigious Q-award

ahatoseks.jpg

Honoured for their huge influence in pop music A-ha was awarded the Inspiration Award by Q Magazine, one of today’s the most significant pop music publications.

Q-Magazine is widely regarded among the most influential magazines in Europe and they do not hesitate to call their annual awards “undoubtedly THE music event of the year.”

As with all things British this view reflects a certain disinterest in whatever is going on elsewhere, but even from a more sober and objective stance these awards mean a great deal, and receiving one is a milestone even for big acts. One should not be deceived into thinking that this is just a magazine throwing a party to celebrate itself; something which the list of attendees and the attention around the award from other media testifies to.

This year the event was spiked up all the more since 2006 marks the mag’s 20th anniversary, and the event featured a special one-time Award of awards given to the Band of bands, U2, for their enduring top ranking among Q’s readers. But at the time when the first editions of the magazine came out A-ha were the biggest name in pop music. Being awarded the Inspiration Award is a retrospective assessment of those years that have elapsed since then, and it serves to symbolize what has become ever clearer over the past few years, that A-ha’s influence, not least on such major pop-rock bands of today as Coldplay and Keane, has been immense. The fact of their importance, and of the quality of their timeless song-writing itself, is something that has been to some extent obscured during the years since their heyday –in the 90s it was not kosher to site A-ha as inspiration- and it is exactly as an affirmation of their lasting, non-withering great influence that the Q-Award is important.

Having had to rush to London from the Ukraine and their ongoing tour of Russia and environs the guys do not hide their appreciation: “It is recognition for stamina as much as anything” says Magne –that we have kept working in our vein and kept the music flowing.

Their latest release Analogue was the most warmly welcomed record of theirs in the British marked since the 80s. And people knowledgeable of the Q editors claim that A-ha’s award –which was chosen by an magazine in-house jury and not its readers- is a sign that they will be followed closely onwards.

http://www.ballade.no/mic.nsf/home/forsiden?opendocument&url=http://www.ballade.no/mic.nsf/doc/art2006110311330626225680

• 5 months later...

I was doing a search for a-ha & waddayaknow.... i found this here thread for my fave band..!:wink3::D:laugh3: I know i m late but......

I LOVE A-HA!

I LOVE A-HA!

I LOVE A-HA!

I LOVE A-HA!

I LOVE A-HA!

So that makes like.. 5 of us here????????? :P

I bought Analogue album first & love every song except Make It Soon & the noise at the end of Treetops[?] Then I got the Singles & Lifelines! I prefer their later stuff because i think they sound more melodic & consistent thats not saying i dont like their older stuff...Stay On These Roads, I Call Your Name, Dark Is the Night, I Wish I Cared, Angel In the Snow, Did Anyone Approach You, Time and Again are just some of my alltime faves... the list goes on & on......anything far & different from Take On Me or Touchy sounds good to me! The Q Award was a great tribute to a fantastic underrated band methinks!

Anybody got any videos of a-ha they would like to share, please please do me a favour & make it soon!!!!;) I especially love the song & video for Did Anyone Approach You & would love to have it & the live album How Can I Sleep......which i cant find where i am :(

Anyways lovely to meet you all here!! Cheers!

ean

• 1 year later...

Every thought you never dared to think

Every mood you always knew would sink

Every line you spoke out loud in a jest

All the time you took to be your best

Soon forgotten

The sun must never touch your skin

It could expose the dark within

You're paranoid about the paranoia

And panic hits without a sign

You worry about it all the time

Every perfect moment is a hidden warning

• 2 months later...

A-Ha are coming to the UK on tour. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning :D Ticket prices quoted as £27.50 - £37.50

Wales and North West (1)

Tue 03/11/09

19:30 MEN Arena Manchester

Manchester A-Ha More Info »

on sale:Fri 27/03/09

09:00

Mon 02/11/09

18:00 NIA Birmingham

Birmingham A-Ha More Info »

on sale:Fri 27/03/09

09:00

Wed 04/11/09