a-ha

Kettercat

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foot of the Mountain vid..

OMG ... :laugh3:

I only notice now that part of the video (the recordings in the city) were actually filmed in my city :laugh3:

The nature recordings were done on the island Usedom (or was it Ruegen??) also in Germany :)

I just love the song, it's just so catchy and positive and I am immediately in a good mood after listening to it :)

I would give the album a 9/10.

I am into pop music so this is really my cup of tea and my fave tracks are 'The Bandstand', 'Riding The Crest', 'Mother Natures Goes To Heaven' and 'Start The Simulator' ... well, they are all brilliant :)

Liking that song tho - thanks for the link - guess I should check the album out :D

You definitely should :D and the others you've never heard - 90's a-ha music was fantastic. East of the sun west of the moon is an amazing album... I can post here links to some 90's a-ha songs, if you want (and if I find them :D ), then Lifelines, released 2002 - the best they have ever made, reviews say...

and their comeback album - Minor Earth / Major Sky, released 2000.

Check this out - one of the most beautiful songs from MEMS album ;) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUB9Rq8FcEQ&feature=related]YouTube - a-ha Summer Moved On[/ame]

Paul's band called Savoy produces very good music as well, it's different from a-ha music, it's rockier, but worth listening :)

Here's another song from Analogue album, Cosy prisons...

http://muzyka.interia.pl/teledyski/teledysk/a-ha-cosy-prison,16256

Ok, that's enough for now :D

The new a-ha album is simply amazing!!

Honestly! I am listening to it literally non-stop :)

I have to agree, it´s amazing! my way to this album (and as a matter of fact to a-ha too) was long, but it´s the best, what I have in my player now!

.... btw. I didn´t really know that Guy has some pics in booklet ...great news for me :D thanks for post it ;)

Thanks for the pictures LittleMissMessy :) are you going to a concert in Germany in autumn?

Was a bit late in buying tickets to see them here in Hamburg.

By the time I decided that I wanted to go, the arena was almost sold out and only tickets on the 2nd balcony were available.

But I just purchased tickets for Hanover on November 14th today.

4th row, centre - BABY!! :laugh3:

I've watched this kind of documentary on Pro7 television the other day... Thought it was pretty amazing! It deals with the recording of "Foot Of The Mountain" (I noticed the Potsdamer Platz in Berlin btw) and the earlier days of the band when they started to be a band in Norway and moved to London later on. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBHW4HnXYhg]YouTube - a-ha - EPK Foot Of The Mountain (German Version)[/ame]

It's in English with German subtitles... Oh and note Chris Martin's quotes at the beginning hehe.

I just got FOTM and Analogue this week in the mail from Amazon.ca

I love the tracks Foot of the Mountain, What there is, Shadowside, Analogue, Birthright, Cosy Prisons. All of the songs are good. I still have some catching up to do and buy the Lifelines and MinorEarthMajorSky CD's. Here in Canada, I didn't realize those recordings even existed until I was checking out youtube sometime last year. The only a-ha song ever played on the radio is Take on me.

I allready had the first 5 albums and have the first 3 albums in VINYL.

They are coming next march to Canada, but I will be choaked it they only come to Toronto.

Was a bit late in buying tickets to see them here in Hamburg.

By the time I decided that I wanted to go, the arena was almost sold out and only tickets on the 2nd balcony were available.

But I just purchased tickets for Hanover on November 14th today.

4th row, centre - BABY!! :laugh3:

haha I saw your tweets the other day Kirsten..."I'm not buying a-ha tickets"..."ok, I just cracked and bought a-ha tickets" :lol: Should be a good gig, especially that close. :thumbsup: Bring us back some pics & vids please ;)

I've watched this kind of documentary on Pro7 television the other day... Thought it was pretty amazing! It deals with the recording of "Foot Of The Mountain" (I noticed the Potsdamer Platz in Berlin btw) and the earlier days of the band when they started to be a band in Norway and moved to London later on. :)

It's in English with German subtitles... Oh and note Chris Martin's quotes at the beginning hehe.

Nice video..loved Magne's London tour...that was so tourist-ey :D Lol@ all their different accents - only Paul still sounds Norwegian..

• 1 month later...
So do you think people will end up "hunting high and low" for tickets?:rolleyes:

A-ha themselves say that they think it's right to let the fans know about the split now so that people can get chance to see them in concert... yeah, I think they will... everyone wants to say goodbye...