✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Evanescence!!

brkwall33

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there was a thread before....:uhoh:

But hey, you can make this thread about the new album. I used to be a fan(mostly because of Pre-Fallen time), but their new album is disappointing:confused:

really? I liked the new one... :embarassed: the one album I just can't get into is the Killers.... (Sam's Town) but I liked The Open Door...

really? I liked the new one... :embarassed: the one album I just can't get into is the Killers.... (Sam's Town) but I liked The Open Door...

I actually hated the new Killers album at first, but slowly and gradually I've grown to love it. :thumbsup:

The Evanescence album....ugh. There's only about 4 decent songs in the album:(. The rest is just a bunch of songs that have excessive screaming, creepy chantings, strange guitar riffs and the worst...most songs sound pretty much the same:embarassed:. Maybe its because their new single gave me the wrong impression or that I was completely blown away by their preliminary work(pre-fallen) that I have just lost taste.

:confused:

• 6 months later...

Evanescence members exit band

Guitarist and drummer leave

Two members of Evanescence have exited the band, leading to speculation about the future of the group.

According to guitarist John LeCompt he was fired from the band. He also said drummer Rocky Gray had quit.

LeCompt said: "I'm dong and I'm pretty upset about it.(Singer) Amy (Lee) called and fired me today. There's absolutely no loyalty in this band."

The guitarist said he was putting all his energy in his new band with Gray called Machina.

A posting on his blog he wrote: "Around 3:30 pm yesterday I recieved a call on my cell from Amy. This call wasn't from a friend who appreciated me but from an enemy who was prepared to hurt me and my family. Without any warning or negotiotiations for my future, I was fired for no good reason. We have not always seen eye to eye on everything, but who does?

"Our common goal was always the same. To make Evanescence the best rock band it could ever be. I have always given blood, sweat and tears to make that happen but apparently that is not enough. I have now become just another of the people fallen by the wayside on the revolving door of her life. It's funny how many of us there are now. I guess it's good for lyrical content, though. Maybe I will be among the blessed to have a song written about me, too. Maybe the song will be 'Call Me When You're Broke'."

In 2003 guitarist Ben Moody left and in July 2006 bassist Will Boyd left the group, reports LA's Daily News

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
^ Is that song from an album? I don't recall this one. Either way, I like it.

Oh, and here's a link concerning their update. Supposedly, they're anticipating an early fall 2010 release.

CLICK.

according to the vid info:

Evanescence Together Again New Song 2010 Amy Lee Download Release To Help Haiti HQ Outtake From The Open Door Narnia Song Out Now On itunes

thanks for the info violet :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj7ZuDVhsdc]Evanescence - What you Want (Music Video) - YouTube[/ame]

i can't seem to be able to watch it through their posted link going to vevo.... is it finally the video?

well as i was afraid, seems they are going POP too? :wreck: i mean lyrics could had been better, not the same again and again... again will give a chance to the whole album to have a final opinion.