✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

All you know about Jonny

yael

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that the song "Green Eyes" is about Jonny? It seems to be more of a love song Chris should have wrote to his wife, not his best friend...

Check out the lyrics to see my point. (And yes, i know that Chris refers to Jonny as his gay lover :confused: , still...

"We were in the same hallway at campus, guitarist Johnny and I. We'd come to London to be great students. It hit me one of the first nights we were sitting there, 'Oh my god, this is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. I finally found him.' I thought. I'm talking about music now. There's nothing sexual about it, this. But you knew that..." -- Chris)

"Honey you are a rock

Upon which I stand

And I come here to talk

I hope you understand

That green eyes, yeah the spotlight, shines upon you

And how could, anybody, deny you

I came here with a load

And it feels so much lighter, now I’ve met you

And honey you should know, that I could never go on without you

Green eyes

Honey you are the sea

Upon which I float

And I came here to talk

I think you should know

That green eyes, you’re the one that I wanted to find

And anyone who, tried to deny you must be out of their mind

Cause I came here with a load

And it feels so much lighter, since I met you

Honey you should know, that I could never go on without you

Green eyes

Green eyes

Ohohohohooooo

Ohohohohooooo

Ohohohohooooo

Ohohohohooooo

Honey you are a rock

Upon which I stand"

His girlfriend Chloe is from Iceland. (I think he met her there when they were on tour in 2002/3)

The two girls he allegedly dated at the same time (according to the Evening Standard newspaper!) were from Iceland so I doubt his current girlfriend is as well... that would be kinda weird! :confused:

i read somewhere long ago that the song is not about gwentyth but about a girl Chris dated long ago...and when they asked why he didnt play it anymore he said that it just wasnt right to play it live anymore...so very rarely they play it.

well, of course, 'green eyes' is not about gwyneth. chris didn't even know her then!

Yael...chris wrote the song for two people, one of them is jonny.

^I thought he said once that it was for jonny and for someone from America' date=' who helped him some time ago, when he was being an idiot, or something like that, i think i read it on an e-zine...not sure[/quote']

yeah..that's what i've heard..too long time ago so i kinda forgotten some parts..sorry...

"honey you are a rock, upon which I stand, and I come here to talk. I hope you understand. green eyes, yeah the spotlight shines upon you and how could anybody deny you. I came here with a load and it feels so much lighter now I met you. honey you should know, that I could never go on without you. green eyes..."

yeah, that's pretty spot on :lol: