✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Top 10 artists of all time! CLOSED!!!!!

Ondes Martenot

this is similar to "top albums of the year"(hopefully egghead won't be angry that i stole this idea...)

please post your top 10 artists of all time TILL JANUARY 31.!!!, in February i will anounce the top 10 or 20!!!the points system is same 1st gets 10 points,2nd 9 points,3rd 8...

hope this thread isn't boring or something like that :)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, first of all i don't wanna start an argue but i think it's a little unfair.

i think loadsa members listen to britpop a lot and that's why other awesome bands may not have a chance ... but whatever. that's my opinion.

1. Maynard James Keenan, the greatest songwriter/singer alive

2. Tool

3. Coldplay

4. A Perfect Circle

5. The Mars Volta

6. Oasis

7. U2

8. The Vines

9. MetallicA

10. James Blunt

1. Coldplay

----------------------

2. U2

3. Die Ärzte

4. R.E.M.

5. Oasis

6. Michael Jackson

7. Wir sind Helden

8. Keane

9. Travis

10. Beatsteaks

No surprise, Coldplay and U2 on the first places. Coldplay is incredible and they changed my life with their music. I hope to see them this year again somewhere in Europe. The concert in Oberhausen (October 2005) was the best concert I've ever seen. Well, no more words to say about U2. They are living legends! But then on three "Die Ärzte", an unknown band in foreign countries. I grew up listening a lot of their songs, for example "Westerland", which is still one of my favorite songs in summer. :) They are great, especially live in concerts. R.E.M. is still an amazing band and I also like new songs of them, which isn't obvious for bands, who are so successful during so many years. Well, I don't have to tell you that Oasis is one of the best British bands ever. "Wonderwall" and "Don't Look Back In Anger" are songs you have to hear at least once in your life. Michael Jackson has to be on the list, either. I also like Keane and Travis. Their music is so great. At the end I have to mention that especially "Wir sind Helden" changed German music since this century, because they and some other bands are responsible for using German language in songs again. It's similar to the 80's. Well, most songs of the Beatsteaks are in English, but that's not a reason for not putting this German band on the list. ;)

1 - Queen

2 - Coldplay (what can I tell that you don't know yet? :P )

3 - U2 (Bono that is :cool: )

4 - Beatles (Despite the fact that I don't like most of their songs)

5 - Travis

6 - Oasis

7 - Metalica

8 - Damien Rice

9 - Madona (I don't like her or her songs, but the woman had a huge impact in the music industry)

10 - Robbie Williams (same as Madona although I like some of his songs)