3. Coldplay

4. Dave Matthew's Band

5. Elliott Smith

6. Queen

7. The Cure

8. Modest Mouse

9. The Smashing Pumpkins

10. Fiona Apple

it was tough! but i dunno if it had to be in sequential order or anything..i did the best i could !

you have a surprisingly good taste in music

...till i saw dmb.... :angry:

10. The Arcade Fire

9. The Smashing Pumpkins

8. Neil Young

7. Bob Marley

6. Joni Mitchell

5. The Beach Boys

4. Radiohead

3. The Velvet Underground

2. Bob Dylan

1. The Beatles

I'd probably have a completely different list every week, except for the indefinate inclusion of The Beatles as Number 1.

The Arcade Fire only have one album and some extra's to judge from, but they really are that unbelievable. If you've seen them live, or even footage of them live, they are such a moving and powerful band. They will probably be 3rd on my list in 10 years time, I can actually see them challenging the Beatles in terms of pure music (Unforunately, no band could ever challenge the Beatles in the whole band package, its just never going to happen). Each song is intense yet light, it's neither happy or sad, it's a brilliant album for an insomniac. You can just reflect on this album, and think of childhood... You have songs like Tunnels, which are just pure anthems, and then you have the catchy pop songs like Power Out. And then there's songs like In The Backseat, which should be a whole new genre of song.

The Smashing Pumpkins are not a perfect band, but its that mix about them that makes them so intriguing. People talk about Adore and Machina being albums that had made the band go downhill, but I think they are very good albums. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is just a perfect recording, it is fantastic in both quality and quantity, every damn beat on it is just brilliant. Siamese Dream is full of wonderful pop songs, its the best Pop Grunge album apart from Bush's Sixteen Stone.

Radiohead are also well up there, ahead of artists like The Beach Boys, which is really showing my appreciation of them. To me, they are made even greater by the fact that they are just 5 normal guys, who not only have written great songs but are boosted completely by this misterious aura around them. And they aren't mysterious at all, they have just built up this wonderful world of Radiohead through great marketing and wonderful ideas. It really shows what simple ideas can improve a band so much. I appreciate every song from Pablo Honey's "You" to Hail to the Thief's "Wolf at the Door", and every b side and rarity in between and since.

Could've been included:

Jeff Buckley, Tracy Chapman, The Cure, actually I could go on, so I'll stop.

10. The Arcade Fire

9. The Smashing Pumpkins

8. Neil Young

7. Bob Marley

6. Joni Mitchell

5. The Beach Boys

4. Radiohead

3. The Velvet Underground

2. Bob Dylan

1. The Beatles

I'd probably have a completely different list every week, except for the indefinate inclusion of The Beatles as Number 1.

The Arcade Fire only have one album and some extra's to judge from, but they really are that unbelievable. If you've seen them live, or even footage of them live, they are such a moving and powerful band. They will probably be 3rd on my list in 10 years time, I can actually see them challenging the Beatles in terms of pure music (Unforunately, no band could ever challenge the Beatles in the whole band package, its just never going to happen). Each song is intense yet light, it's neither happy or sad, it's a brilliant album for an insomniac. You can just reflect on this album, and think of childhood... You have songs like Tunnels, which are just pure anthems, and then you have the catchy pop songs like Power Out. And then there's songs like In The Backseat, which should be a whole new genre of song.

The Smashing Pumpkins are not a perfect band, but its that mix about them that makes them so intriguing. People talk about Adore and Machina being albums that had made the band go downhill, but I think they are very good albums. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is just a perfect recording, it is fantastic in both quality and quantity, every damn beat on it is just brilliant. Siamese Dream is full of wonderful pop songs, its the best Pop Grunge album apart from Bush's Sixteen Stone.

Radiohead are also well up there, ahead of artists like The Beach Boys, which is really showing my appreciation of them. To me, they are made even greater by the fact that they are just 5 normal guys, who not only have written great songs but are boosted completely by this misterious aura around them. And they aren't mysterious at all, they have just built up this wonderful world of Radiohead through great marketing and wonderful ideas. It really shows what simple ideas can improve a band so much. I appreciate every song from Pablo Honey's "You" to Hail to the Thief's "Wolf at the Door", and every b side and rarity in between and since.

Could've been included:

Jeff Buckley, Tracy Chapman, The Cure, actually I could go on, so I'll stop.

ahhhh.... :heart: (for everything said..)

I was not aware that people thought that Adore and Machina were not good albums....i suppose they are the BEST ones!!!!

Arcade Fire roxxx! :kiss: THe Arcade Fire :kiss:

• 4 months later...

1. Coldplay

2. The Killers

3. Radiohead

4. Nickelback

5. Thirteen Senses

6. Oasis

7. Snow Patrol

8. Pink Floyd

9. Keane

10. Linkin Park

Notes:

I only like Radiohead's first three albums... after that it gets really rubbish.

Keane I like, but sometimes i find them repetitive - however, i like their new album.

And Coldplay... well, they're the best band in the world!

I know the vote is closed, I just wanted to list them anyway. :)