✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Libertines, Babyshambles, Dirty Pretty Things, Yeti Etc.

mburn

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• an_cat

• __therese

• coldplay_steph

• andyjean

“Carl, darling, sweetie…don’t you ever worry me like that again! I called Mrs Hammond…lovely woman terribly posh accent, from Reading originally did you know? Anyway, I call Mrs Hammond and she thought you had come home, so I had to speak to David, lovely boy; so polite, who told me that you were here because that Doherty boy had been hit by a car!” she took a deep breath, Carl noted that this was the first one since she had begun, “So I’m about to leave the house, just waiting for the end of Holby City when I get a phone call from a one Patrick Walden, don’t like the sound of him, he might do drugs I would stay away if I were you…anyway this ‘Pat’ explains that you broke your collar bone trying to kill him!”

:laugh3: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

:dance:

This seriously made me truly happy!

I was so worried that either Peter or someone else would fuck it up but it doesn't seem so :dance:

Thankgod! :heart: :dance:

Oh, and hello! Time for heroes - London can consider thenselves lucky :( :D

allo allo!

Wagoan peeps just got back to my girl’s flat (she has t’internet) and am reading this thread… thanks alot we’re made up about tonight. we ain’t played together since dirty south so Ad & I were wary bout fuckin headlining a festival without even rehearsing. Peter arrived an hour before we went on and man he was completely straight. amazing. the few times i’ve been with him like that it just compounds what i always suspect- that under all the clouds there lurks a beautiful, deeply intelligent, intensely compassionate and warm soul. Adam Mick and i were grinning like we’d just swallowed a chocolate cake. Lilly Allen bowled in and made us laugh till we went onstage in sky high(but sober!) spirits. The gig for us was perfect...in terms of “tightness” it felt like we’d been on tour for weeks. and what about the pyro technics?!?! at a Shambles gig? didn’t know that was coming and was doing harmonies when the 1st one happened i musta yelped down the mike… anyway I’m ranting suppose i just wanted to say we’re really happy...thanks anyone who came along and love eternal from the babadingle boys. a spot of kip for me i think...see you soon i hope ...here’s to hope eternal and that fickle mistress Perseverance. Summer 2006 for us at least can now rest in peace, not in pieces.

Thank you

Your’s exausted but relieved

Drewanda Helsinki

:cry: :heart: :cry: :heart:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/tm_objectid=17638195&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=pete%2dbans%2dold%2dmates-name_page.html

I seriously love this day!!! :D :dance:

^

I read that! Can't wait til NME does some article thing about GetLoaded :dance:

Oh, news we kinda knew but still made me smile and cry:

WE’VE caught potty Pete Doherty doing a secret deal for big money… but this time he can be proud of it.

Pete’s new clean-living lifestyle seems to be paying off as the singer and his band Babyshambles signed a multi-album deal worth £1million at the weekend.

We can exclusively reveal it is with major label Parlophone. The company, which has Kylie Minogue and Lily Allen on its books, snapped up Pete and bandmates Drew McConnell, Adam Ficek and Mick Whitnall after a bidding war.

Pete’s close pal tells us: “He’s over the moon because The Beatles were with Parlophone. That means a lot to him.

“The band can’t wait to get their new music on the shelves. It’s a very exciting time because a lot of record labels were after them, but in the end they got the best deal, money-wise and album-wise, with Parlophone.”

Babyshambles are set to rake it in with up to 60 per cent of the royalties, which record label insiders have said is way beyond the norm. Usually bands get less than 10 per cent.

Under the Parlophone agreement the band will release an EP of about five tracks within the next few months and this will lead on to a multi-album deal.

Pete, 27, who’s being treated for his crack and heroin addiction in The Priory clinic, North London, and the band have already recorded an as-yet untitled, 10-track album. It’s expected to be on the shelves before Christmas.

Babyshambles were dropped by Rough Trade earlier this year.

The singer is in rehab until September 4 and under a 10pm - 8am curfew on a court order. It’s believed Pete’s new label is also forking out thousands for his treatment.

The friend continues: “This all adds up to a lot of money which he doesn’t have. The last time he was ordered into rehab Rough Trade paid for it.

“This time it looks like Parlophone is picking up the bill, but it will be worth it.

“For the first time Pete is taking his rehab seriously because he doesn’t want to lose Kate Moss again and he wants his band to dominate the world.”

Perhaps the lad’s Shambolic life is finally coming to an end.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/tm_objectid=17642416&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=doh%2d%2d%2da%2ddeal-name_page.html

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :cry: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

No shit!

:laugh3:

Oh, b-sides for 'Wondering':

Chinese Dogs (Anthony & Carl sing)

Signal No Battery (Didz [and possibly Carl] sing)

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!

But I fucking hope they release it here. They didn't with Bang bang or Deadwood.. Still haven't seen the diaries :(

[i have high hopes for this :uhoh: http://community.livejournal.com/albion_fic/692264.html#cutid1]

Ooooh, I really want that single tooo! I haven't seen the Diaries either, *sigh* Aw man, Anthony and Didz singing! Yay! (I have such a fetish for Didz' voice, sometimes I just put the begining of Enemy and You Fucking Love It on and then go back and repeat... lmfao.)

[i haven't read that yet, perhaps I should yes? haha]

God, we're such dorks! :laugh3:

YOU SHOULD! It's amazingly written :nice: *pets*

Oh, btw what are the odds! I was looking around this swedish e-baylikesite (tradera.se) and there's a Babyshambles tshirt there! MY SIZE AND ALL! I am so gonna get it :sneaky: :veryangry: :laugh3:

I will do so now!!! :laugh4:

Ooooooh, I am totally going to get a Babyshambles shirt! I'm planning on going out to the west coast this October to hang out with a friend and stalk We Are Scientists around, and I plan on wearing a 'Shambles shirt to at least one gig. hahaha. I've got to, because in an interview Keith said that he has snipers set up around the stage to shoot anyone who wears another band shirt, using 'Shambles as an example.

Of course he then went on to say how much he loves them. And all I could think was "oh, of course you do Keith. Of course... :sneaky: " LMFAO

I plan on asking him if he really wants to kill me by wearing that. Maybe I'll ask him what his feelings are towards Drew....

:laugh4:

I would die if he was like "Oh, so you read that too!!!!" LMFAO!!! HAHA

No, not at all Keith. My love for you and Drew is purely music driven!!

http://www.backstreet-merch.com/bands/bs/product.asp?item=bs05

I like that one.

http://www.backstreet-merch.com/bands/bs/product.asp?item=bs53

And that one.

But I'd never be able to wear it anywhere.

Well, actually, I plan on ordering this shirt:

http://www.bravadolive.com/erol.html#8861x0&&

And just putting ducktape over the "FUCK" so I can wear it to school. LMFAO! Maybe I'll do it for the Doherty one as well.... :idea2:

:laugh3:

haha please do! I'm gonna imagine him go like: Oh, Drew Shambles! My loveydovey boyfriend.. I luff him :dance: :laugh3:

Your not allowed to have shirts that says fuck?

I'm getting the first one.. it's white :nice: :dance:

But I really really want this! http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-T-SHIRT-BABYSHAMBLES-F-CK-FOREVER-PETE-DOHERTY_W0QQitemZ110025053163QQihZ001QQcategoryZ53010QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Edit: I had to post this

1104169815leq4.jpg

He really needs a break :(