✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Libertines, Babyshambles, Dirty Pretty Things, Yeti Etc.

mburn

The same thing I thought. Or well.. when I heard the first livesong back in, gosh long time ago I just thought: they sound like a rubbish Libertines-coverband but now, it just captures me. The lyrics are so on and it's just great (:

It really is a shame that the mainfocus is America for most bands and I get that but one or two show per state isn't necessary :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• an_cat

• __therese

• coldplay_steph

• andyjean

Bump.

I take it there aren't that many fans around here.... Coldplay fans are pussies when it comes to the Libs and the lot, yeah? :laugh4:

I see Dirty Pretty Things in a week!!!!!!!!!! Well, less than a week!!!

:stunned: I am so so so so so so so so so so soooo excited.

heh, I found Carl Barat's myspace last night. But he's disguised himself and I don't want him to get rid of it. So don't go friending him! ;) Well, actually, I'm considering doing it....... :uhoh:

Carl's: http://www.myspace.com/dannychannel

And incase anyone's wondering, Annalisa is Carl's missus, who's myspace is here: http://www.myspace.com/annalisa_astarita

She is sooo lovely and beautiful. I love the picture of her, Carl and Didz daughter Nico :nice:

Oh, and while I'm on the subject, Therese, I added you on myspace! :)

*bored so keeps yacking* Um.... hm. Does anyone like Yeti (John Hassall's band)?

Omg, he's girlfriend is so pretty :stunned: :nice: Thanks for the links Danielle! (i added you back btw ;))

I haven't really listened to Yeti at all, I wonder what they sound like :thinking: *goes to albionarks*

Pete is on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross this week. He'll be chatting to Jonathan on the sofa and performing an acoustic version of the Beg, Steal or Borrow.

I hope that gets up on Albion Arks pretty quick...

And have fun watching DPT btw :D

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my GOD. Beg Steal or Borrow is beautiful! Wasn't that interview with Pete stunning? He's so beautiful when he's sober... :nice: I love seeing him healthy, it seems like he really is on the right track! Brilliant :)

I loooove Yeti a lot. 'Carpet Road' is one of my favorite songs. Have you heard 'Midnight Flight' by them? It's in my myspace profile, the guitarist Harmony sings on it (I believe, although I think John sings at times?). John has a sweet voice, eep. I love them. :laugh4:

Man, so we're basically the only Libs fans on here, aren't we? :rolleyes: Pussy Coldplay fans! haha ;)

Whoa, really?

hmmm, I went to the site and I can't seem to find it anywhere...:confused: Huh... *tries to do a search*

I have no idea what I'd ask him that people haven't already! Maybe I'll ask him how he got into the literary greats that inspire him so much (namely, Oscar Wilde).

I read about that NME-thing but I just couldn't think of a question that wasn't completly dorky and boring :laugh3:

Oh my GOD. Beg Steal or Borrow is beautiful! Wasn't that interview with Pete stunning? He's so beautiful when he's sober... :nice: I love seeing him healthy, it seems like he really is on the right track! Brilliant :)

I loooove Yeti a lot. 'Carpet Road' is one of my favorite songs. Have you heard 'Midnight Flight' by them? It's in my myspace profile, the guitarist Harmony sings on it (I believe, although I think John sings at times?). John has a sweet voice, eep. I love them. :laugh4:

Man, so we're basically the only Libs fans on here, aren't we? :rolleyes: Pussy Coldplay fans! haha ;)

Best interview since..I dunno but a long long long time. It was just so adorable and he really looked healty :) 'What did Carl give you' To flippin adorable :nice: And 'Beg, steal or borrow' is just.. WOW! :heart:

No, I haven't.. I gotta download some more songs :D

Haha it seems that way, but then we have them all to ourself :sneaky: moahaha

Btw, have you seen this? DPT on Transmission, fucking wow wow wow!!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R5DLXDAZ

BEST NEWS IN A LONG TIME

From NME.com:

Libertines reunion

Pete and Carl meet in London pub

Pete Doherty and Carl Barat staged a surprise reunion in London this week (July 18).

The former Libertines met at the Dublin Castle pub in Camden and chatted over pints for two hours before chatting with members of Los Angeles band Tender Box (pictured) who were playing their first UK show at the venue.

The drinking session was the first time the pair have met up since their first post Libertines reunion at the Boogaloo Bar in Highgate last year.

For more on the reunion and a exclusive Pete Doherty interview see next week's issue of NME which is on UK newsstands nationwide from July 26.

Link: http://www.nme.com/news/libertines/23667

Pictures:

carlandpetewtf2on8.jpg

From The Sun (of course it's unflattering of Pete, what else is new):

carlandpetewtfrz9.png

Article from the Sun, if you choose to believe any of their shit, but still:

IT’S the news all indie fans have been waiting to hear.

PETE DOHERTY and CARL BARAT have had an emotional reunion to discuss getting THE LIBERTINES back together.

If all goes well I suspect we will see them back on the same stage before the end of the summer — on a very casual basis.

They don’t want to commit to anything permanent at the moment because they have their new bands BABYSHAMBLES and DIRTY PRETTY THINGS to think of.

But if all goes well, the pair — who scored their biggest hit with Can’t Stand Me Now — may look for a deal together next year.

Pete and Carl were encouraged to go out for a drink by mutual friends KATE MOSS and LISA MOORISH — who are both keen to get them working together again.

The girls arranged for the lads to meet up at the Dublin Castle pub in Camden, north London — a famous old Brit Pop haunt. The two former best mates huddled in a corner together for two hours on Tuesday night.

A source told me: “Carl turned up bang on time at 8pm. He sat on his own drinking and minding his own business.

“Then Pete showed up an hour later — which is on time by his standards.

“They got the pints in and sat together for about two hours. It was emotional for both of them. But they got on really well and managed to soothe some old wounds.

“They did discuss the possibility of working together.

“Carl has always said he would only re-form the band if Pete gets off drugs — which he has failed to do.

“But there was forgiveness on both sides.

“It is the first step down the path to a reunion.”

The meeting was their first proper catch-up since Carl booted Pete out of The Libertines two years ago after his drug-taking had spiralled out of control.

They met briefly at The Boogaloo pub in London’s Highgate last year. But there were lots of other people around and they both felt in the spotlight.

The Libertines split up a few months after Pete left in 2004, after honouring touring commitments.

Link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006330432,00.html

OH MY GOD! YAY!

^

I have to agree.. although a Libertines-reunion would be amazing and I would actually die!

I just don't think that Babyshambles, or DTP have done all they're supposed to do.

But I'm just so fucking happy they're talking again :D :dance:

edit: and Yeti off course!

I really don't think the Libertines will ever get back together, or at least not in the same context. I don't want DPT or Babyshambles to break up, and I don't believe that they will break up because of their leading men.

However, if Pete and Carl did make an album on the side, I would definately not be opposed to that at ALL. I just want them to be friends again, I can't be selfish about it and start demanding reunions and stuff from them. Their happiness is most important now... :nice:

Adam posted a new bulletin:

Date: Jul 23, 2006 4:00 AM

Subject: Ibiza Postponed not cancelled

Body: ‘Ibiza rocks’ has now moved to approx 2-3 wks after scheduled show. Peter has booked himself in for another detox and implant.

Obviously, reschedules and show moving is something the band hate doing, and we appreciate people have booked travel arrangements, yet we feel this is a justified and valid reason.

9 track album now recorded just in the middle of mixing.

Still looking likely for ‘Blinding’ on front of big issue, just need a small sponsor to help pay for the cost of cover mounting the cd.

Title undecided, any ideas?

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Dreeeeeeeeeeew!!!!!!!

I :heart: Drew :laugh4:

EDIT:

OH MY GOD LMFAO. He has Michael Tapper friended too!!! ahahaha My love for the man just doubled.... I had no idea We Are Scientists were in the BabyShambles camp!

Another one

Date: Jul 24, 2006 9:16 PM

Subject: Mortal_Music. ebay fraudsters. Do not buy.

Body: Mortal_Music on ebay are selling signed sheet music and other fake signed items. These are not our signatures.

Tell your chums, spread the word.

I just wanna mention the fact that Adam has 'Sweeedish girls' playing in his profile :heart: :shy: :laugh3:

Edit: I know everyone has prob seen it but omg it's hillarious! Anthony :heart: :laugh3:

http://www.nme.com/news/babyshambles/23706

Pete Doherty announces solo plans

Plus he's working on a new Babyshambles album too

Pete Doherty has confirmed that he is recording a solo album.

The singer added that he is also recording a second Babyshambles album, which will be the follow up to 2005's 'Down In Albion'.

Speaking about his solo record, he told NME.COM: "There'll be a solo acoustic album released this year. It differs from Babyshambles because it will be just me."

Currently the material Doherty is working on has the title 'The Implant Sessions', a reference to the opiate-suppressing implant the singer's had fitted to combat his drug addiction.

As previously reported, the former Libertine recently entered rehab in Portugal but explained his recent attmepts to get clean have hit several snags.

"I went to (Portugal) to detox and got clean ready for the implant. Things just kept going wrong with the implant, it was like, some public holiday, then customs cut it open," he explained. "(Then) after Sweden, it was so bad I had to have a nasty, dirty old hit as soon as we got back to London. It fucked me up for three days."

Doherty added that he is now thinking about moving out of London to escape such distractions.

"I've just been talking about getting a cottage," he said. "Just a little pond and my guitar."

:D :D :D

awww Pete... I hope he does move. At least the drugs have become something of a nuisance in his life, versus a recreation. That's a good sign. I mean, not that I'd KNOW.... :laugh4:

Pete... a guitar.... a cottage by the lake......

shit. that's so romantic!! :heart: :nice: