✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Libertines, Babyshambles, Dirty Pretty Things, Yeti Etc.

mburn

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• an_cat

• __therese

• coldplay_steph

• andyjean

:)

Before I forget, links to the Transmission performance yesterday was posted at Albion Arks:

Pipedown - http://www.uploading.com/?get=1FETQKRK

Killamangiro - http://www.uploading.com/?get=NSHDVZ5H

Sedative - http://www.uploading.com/?get=Z56M6INJ

I gotta say that it was horrible though! I wish Purple and the General would just go away :( NOW!

Poor Adam and Drew. And Mick!

Thanks for the scans Kara :kiss: those pics are so sweet.. :)

I'm not gonna say what I think about her writing the book but really cute pics. Pete looks adorable :nice:

Haha, I'll say what I think about it! It's fucking aweful, and stupid. Absolutely bitchy thing to do, definately won't be reading it.

Bet she's hoping for an overdose so it'll sell more. Glad the fans have more faith in Pete than that.

Thanks so much for the scans, though! The pictures are really cute :nice:

FINALLY!!!

jinkies.. I am so surprised it took this long! I hope he gets the help he truly needs... shame really. It seems like he has so much talent and he's literally pissing it all away... I say clinic.. if he relapses.. then a prison clinic... (of one exisits.. lol) then prison.

*nods*

Oh, I saw photos on the DPT forum and Carl isn't wearing the sling anymore :D :dance: So I guess that means no more Josh..

Oh, and if they do another tour in the states in October I'll get mad :veryangry: Like, hello you've got fans outisde the UK, Germany and US to!!!

[/rant]

Edit:

Date: Aug 20, 2006 6:30 PM

Subject DJ tonight Lock Tavern 8ish, Camden

Body: Hold on in there people, Drew and I are not going to let this ship sink without a fight. [/b]

EP released Nov, Parlophone. Music by Myself, Drew, Mik and Peter only.

Peter in Priory Southgate, send letters there.

I :heart: Adam.

Oi oi

Now then my cher .orgers

Here’s a wee account of last week and this coming week.

I had a great Wednesday, played with Fionn Regan in Kilburn, where i met some of you lot including the affable Mike, who also amazingly manged to haul his ass down to Lewisham(who books these mission gigs!?!), where we played a bastard hot ‘Shambles set. Sweaty O’Shea. Met more of you lot there its nice to put faces to logins. playing with Fionn and Jamie was great, its very different to shambles but similar insofar as they’re mindblowing songs. A goog song’s a good song, whatever the context no?

Next morning Ad & i pile roung Peter’s to go play Pukklepop in Belgium, from there we were due to head to Switerland for another festie on Friday. We just had to swing by Stokie Nick for Peter to sign bail. you probably know the rest. they decided to keep him in remand then fri morning in court he excaped Pentonville by the skin of his teeth and was hoiked off to The Priory. Ah, The British Judicial System. Such a fickle mistress. Being in the shambles is seldom a glamorous affair, and sitting outside Stoke Newington Nick for 6 hours with Belgian promoters spitting bile down the phone at us served as a reminder on thurs.

Hmm...Didn’t watch Transmission on Friday, as i don’t have a telly. I remember on the day of recording feeling it was a dire mess though. Loyalty to Peter stops me airing exactly how i feel about this...but i think you lot know Adam and i will continue to endeavour to claw our little band back to what its capable of. I’ve been getting alot of myspace messages from angry fans, some even saying shit like “why don’t you just quit?”. Sometimes it does feels like being in a cage thats being rattled from within. I often ponder how a few good solo acoustic Peter shows would remind everyone of what he’s capable of. But its frustrating and infuriating because i know as a band we could remind people of the same, if the chaos/pointless noise factor were kept to a dull roar. I’ve said too much already. But quit? Bollocks to that. I’m sure that most people can understand our need to hold onto and try and try to sort out something we believe in this much.

But! And yet! good shit on the boil too, -Mick Ad & I are going into a North London studio tomorrow to start mixing the looming E.P. We’re gonna do it proper with a demon engineer who’s gonna make it all sound MINT. Yea. Also Peter will be let out for Get Loaded rehearsals and of course the festival itself.

Also i have two more Fionn Regan gigs this week, one tonight at Grenwich Screen Room at 8pm, the second on Wednesday at The Brixton Ritzy, also 8pm. Jamie Noisettes will be playing drums with us again so please do come down if you can, i promise you won’t be disappointed. Check out his Myspace: myspace.com/fionnregan. There’s tunes and a wicked video of a track from his album, “The End Of History”.

Hanging in there,

yours,

Drew x X

I :heart: Drew!

New photo of the band:

sham1ab5.th.jpg

There are some more on Adam's myspace but they're quite small :(

awwww, Drew. Don't make me fall for him more, now, Therese! :angry: :laugh4:

I love that pic, they all look good. Well, Pete looks slightly lost, but hopefully that will change... :\ Wish I lived out there and could catch the gigs!

I love those pictures to! :nice: It just amazes me that Anthony is still alive..not that Carl's fat or anything but Anthony is a stick.. a hot stick but still a stick :laugh3:

Oh, random.. This made me giggle!

What’s your favourite bus route?

The number 38. It goes from Piccadilly through to Essex Road and beyond.

Where’s the most interesting place you’ve had sex?

The number 38. It goes from Piccadilly through to Essex Road and beyond.

http://www.timeout.com/london/music/features/1863.html

Anthony is sooo tall and skinny. But it's like... a nice skinny. Not like I can see his spine or anything when he took of his shirt. ahaha, Carl could lend him some.... :lipsrsealed2: (not that I'm saying Carl's fat! He's got a bit of a pudge, and it's cute! Really! :laugh4: )

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Pete!!! He's so sweet :nice: Great interview, haha

Have you ever bumped into a personal hero?

Yes – when I was 16, walking down Oxford Street, I saw Ian Brown. I said: ‘Are you Ian Brown?’ He said no and walked off, but I am sure it was him.

nice! :laugh4: Thanks for that!

It it! I love his little gut.. It just makes him loveable :heart: Plus, it's either a really skinny guy or a guy with small gut.. I hate guys that all muscular and stuff, they just look so plastic :(

God, Pete is doing cute interviews these days! :nice: The ipod question :laugh3:

pdesmagazine.jpg

Don't like the end though.. Or two things in it :veryangry: :angry:

Edit: Fullscan of the Interview-interview :laugh3: :dance:

http://www.cureart.be/dirtyprettythings/scans/interview1.jpg

http://www.cureart.be/dirtyprettythings/scans/interview2.jpg

http://www.cureart.be/dirtyprettythings/scans/interview3.jpg

http://www.cureart.be/dirtyprettythings/scans/interview4.jpg

Stan with eyeliner :drunk: :laugh3:

Oh my god, thank you for those scans.

Ok, I am now officially convinced there is more to Carl and Stan than... well.... GOD I DON'T KNOW. But they were really touchy at the gig I went to! Then again, the whole band's like that ahaha :laugh4:

Someone should bring a bow and 2 arrows to Get Loaded.

I won't say what to use it for.....