✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Libertines, Babyshambles, Dirty Pretty Things, Yeti Etc.

mburn

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• an_cat

• __therese

• coldplay_steph

• andyjean

Not true, but then you're entitled to your opinion.

lmfao Therese, Carl is hot in the sling... not gonna lie haha. He's so helpless! Seriously, on stage he doesn't know what to do with himself and starts hopping around during the guitar solos and runs around Josh. It's insanely cute. :laugh4: Love that man :heart:

Thanks for the pictures! ;)

I seriously love that picture! It's excatly how I wanna cut my hair when I get the money, fucking gorgeous!!!

Short hair is the new black! :laugh3:

http://www.nme.com/news/dirty-pretty-things/24103

Carl Barat 'I felt naked' during Carling Weekend: Reading set

Dirty Pretty Things have made their first UK appearance with extra guitarist Josh Hubbard today (August 26) at the Carling Weekend: Reading Festival.

Playing the main stage, the group were joined by the Paddington while frontman Carl Barat recovers from a broken collarbone he sustained recently in America.

"Josh has been great, it's been seamless," Barat told NME.COM. "There might have being a bit of rivalry in the ranks but I don't know about that. We're so destroyed from this tour. We were hating each other last week, but we're together now!"

With the set including the likes of 'Deadwood', 'Bang, Bang You're Dead' and new single 'Wondering', the singer admitted he felt strange playing to a festival crowd without his regular instrument.

"I felt a bit scared, a bit naked without a guitar, but enjoyed the spirit of it," explained Barat. "Because I didn't have a guitar I felt like an Irish dancer. My arms didn't move, one is knackered and the other didn't want to, but I moved my feet!"

The former Libertine confirmed however his arm was on the mend.

"I'll be in the sling for two more weeks but then it will come off," he said. "I played guitar at a couple of gigs recently and I really shouldn't have, so I can't play for a few more weeks."

Awww..and yeah.

You know, Peter truly tests my patience. Sometimes I wonder why the hell I give him my money, I wonder why I even became "attracted" to him in the first place. 6 months ago I despised the air he breathed.

Then I realize that it's things like this that endure him to me. He's just a beautiful human being, I pity people who can't recognize that. He's got demons, and sadly the demons are more pronounced by society than they should be... but the talent and sweetness overshadow that. For me, at least.

Ditto. It's really becoming clearer and clearer how people judge people differently. Pete has always been open about his problems and therefor he gets more shit than say Tom from Keane.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tom but I just wish people (the media) could try and look at Pete with the same eyes.

Well, anyway, maybe Get Loaded today is the first step on the way (:

I'm kind of bitter about the whole Chaplin thing, it just isn't fair to me. People are like "oh well he's only human" or "ohhh, let's all comfort him". Ok, the guy snorted cocaine. Or smoked crack, or WHATEVER. Something like THAT. He did hard drugs. Peter does hard drugs. But for some reason it's DIFFERENT. Because he's in the press about it? Because he's dating Kate Moss? Because he never collected world wide acclaim in the Libs and not yet with Shambles???

How is it ANY different? It's stupid. I love how Keane fans are all "omg nooo at least he's not with that Doherty fella!". What BS. They're drug addicts. The end. I mean, I don't feel like being an addict is an evil thing. I don't think it's a GOOD thing, but it doesn't make a person evil. So what's the big effin' deal?

Even people on here, in the Tom goes to rehab thread... they're like "as long as he snubs it before he turns into Doherty!". Yeah well Tom Chaplin didn't say he's trying to get clean. He's just trying to "maintain" it. Pete is honestly trying to get clean, and believes in being sober. I think that's even more courageous, and people should stop beating him down for it.

Dumbshits.

*breathes* I feel better now! LMFAO

Couldn't agree more!

I read a sweet thing latespring this year in a paper.. Something about in 10 years all the kids will be running around with Babyshambles/Pete-shirts and belive that their cool but the cool people are actually the people that listen to the music now and see past the drugs. Kinda made me proud :nice:

Tell me about it!!!!!

I love the end of part 2!

"The sun was just dying as they walked towards the train station hand in hand, and Drew just barely overheard Keith whisper jovially, “I have a boyfriend!” before laughing to himself."

:shy: :heart:

haha, we're such dorks. Really though...... aw man.

:heart:

lmfao, did you read Rock n Roll High School? Dude, that amused the shit out of me for the longest time. I even had a dream that I went to that school :laugh4: Hahahaha.

Haha, it goes so fast though. I read it all in like an hour, man I laughed my ass off. lmfaoooo Arctic Monkeys trying to beat up Carl and Pete. Oh my god. It's so fucking funny.

Ok, the Drew and Anthony one seriously owned my life. Like, whoa. I just like the IDEA of that. haha Like, hey, yanno! It could happen!

(hahaha reading these is like my deep dark secret fetish that I only do in the dead of night.... well ok maybe not, but still lmfao. :uhoh: )