✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Libertines, Babyshambles, Dirty Pretty Things, Yeti Etc.

mburn

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• an_cat

• __therese

• coldplay_steph

• andyjean

Haha Pete Doherty... :D

Yesterday, there was used to be a concert of the Babyshambles in Cologne, but Doherty missed 3 flights to Cologne, so they canceled the concert at nearly 10pm. The people there were so angry. I just watched it on TV. :P Today, they have a concert in Berlin... ;)

Where did they show it?

I read it on laut.de. My god...Babyshambles fans are so goddamn patient!

OMG; yesterday, the Babyshambles played in Berlin... the concert began at 1.10am instead of 9pm, because Pete didn't get a plane from London to Berlin again! After the concert MTV News wanted to make an interview with him but first he didn't arrive. Later he went in the room, taking some drugs before, and attacked the camera man with an injection. :shocked2: The other members canceled the interview after that...

Crazy...

http://www.mtv.de/news/news.php?id=22328

yep, while I was in hospital, I've seen it in the "rtl" news and was like omg, I can't believe this... how can he possibly miss his flight three times in two days?! he missed it twice the night he should come to cologne and again the other night in berlin. the situation is really out of hand, if you ask me. it's just stupid... extremely stupid.

^That's what happens when you're relying on a junkie. What did the fans expect?

Dirty Pretty Things were on Soccer AM this morning and it was hilarious. They were completely out of it - swearing on live TV (including "b*llocks"), not able to string words together, spitting milk all over one of the hosts. In the end I think they were politely asked to leave during one of the ad breaks.

Noel Gallagher was on there, too, and he said it reminded him of how he was ten years ago!!

If someone is able to dl this, you should watch it!!:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I was just going to bump this thread! Interesting to have a birthday today... I'd find it funnier than freaky, though (don't believe the demon hype ;) ).

Pete's looking good, that makes me happy :nice: lmfao, I love that color sweatshirt!

Oh god, not this again! :sick: I can't help it but say "Poor Pete". He's such a victim of the tabloids, and the tabloids hardly ever post the whole truth. Except what the "sources" tell them. Far from facts. Who knows what really went on, The Sun definately isn't saying what is. Ah well.

In other news, Pete's entered himself (yes, HE entered HIMSELF) into a drug rehab program.

From NME.com:

Exclusive - Pete Doherty goes into rehab

Singer arranged Portuguese detox himself

Pete Doherty has entered a rehab clinic in Portugal.

According to band sources, the Babyshambles frontman flew to the country at the beginning of this week (June 5) in a bid to beat his drug addictions.

Unlike the singer previous - and abortive - attempts to clean up, NME.COM understands that the decision to undergo rehab was Doherty's own and that he organised and funded the trip without any outside pressure.

Doherty will spend the next few week's detoxing, after which he will be fitted with an "an opiate-suppressing implant".

The singer's previous stints in rehab have ended in failure - however, he recently stated his desire to curtail his drug taking.

"For a little while things were too dark to even begin to get my head around," he told The Word magazine last month. "Spending all my time dropping my trousers to the police. Sat in cells. What I want is a little bit of self-control. But plans are the last thing you want."

As previously reported, Doherty was held at the beginning of this month (June 1) after a syringe was found on an EasyJet flight between London and Barcelona. The Babyshambles singer was released without charges by Spanish police but was banned by the airline from flying with them in future.

+++++++++

I pray he can pull himself together and get back to what the fans really want, excellent music and the great musician back. Seems like this is a step in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Dirty Pretty Things US tour has been announced, and tickets are now on sale. I got tickets to the dates in my signature. I am such a fucking stalker. But I love teh Carl..... :uhoh: :laugh4:

Go here for DPT tour dates (and links to get tickets):

http://www.dirtyprettythingsband.com/index.php/gigs/

I don't know if there are any other DPT fans on here..... :(

I really thought I wouldn't like Dirty Pretty Things when I first listened to them about a month and a half ago. I figured I couldn't listen to Carl's voice alone without Pete. But it was actually much better than I expected. In fact, I'm full blown obsessed now. lmfaoooo. I see that they play Libs songs at their shows too, it's going to be great.

I always am thankful that I live where I do (close to Boston and NYC). But I really wish bands didn't focus SO much on this country. I know it's important to break America and gain commercial success, but there are fans in other places too!!