🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Official Red Hot Chili Peppers thread

jewl*

The way I look at it there are many other bands who are currently in their prime such as Muse (who I've seen twice) and Coldplay (who I will be seeing hopefully on the MX Tour whenever that happens. The Chilis are my favourite band and the band that got me into music in general, but there's no question they're past their prime, despite the fact they can still make good music and put on a good show. I can comfort myself knowing that I can see a more current band if I never get the chance to see RHCP. And besides, Frusciante was one of the main reasons I wanted to see them, ever since getting the Hyde Park album, which blew me away when I first heard it at the age of 12 and it remains one of my favourite live albums.

If I never get to see them I'll be disappointed, but I can at least be happy seeing my other favourite bands.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I look at it there are many other bands who are currently in their prime such as Muse (who I've seen twice) and Coldplay (who I will be seeing hopefully on the MX Tour whenever that happens. The Chilis are my favourite band and the band that got me into music in general, but there's no question they're past their prime, despite the fact they can still make good music and put on a good show. I can comfort myself knowing that I can see a more current band if I never get the chance to see RHCP. And besides, Frusciante was one of the main reasons I wanted to see them, ever since getting the Hyde Park album, which blew me away when I first heard it at the age of 12 and it remains one of my favourite live albums.

If I never get to see them I'll be disappointed, but I can at least be happy seeing my other favourite bands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The tour is on! Anyone else going?

I saw them last night and will again tonight so I'm in a bit of a hurry :D

Was a great show, lots of energy, good looking stage.

Josh is doing just fine on guitar and Femi Kuti was a great choice for warm up band.

We got some rarely played songs: Freaky styley, Breaking the girl and Pea :D

Setlist (not 100% sure about the order in the middle):

Monarchy of roses

Can't stop

Charlie

Otherside

Look around

Breaking the girl

The adventures of rain dance Maggie

Right on time

Throw away your television

Under the bridge

Did I let you know

Pea

Factory of faith

Higher ground

Californication

By the way

----

Freaky styley

Dani california

Soul to squeeze

Give it away

and some jamming and solos

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVsej5jaGVo]Red Hot Chili Peppers - Factory Of Faith, Stockholm 11.10 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

I'll try to record more tonight. Off to the arena! :)

I would like to go, but I'm probably not going. :(

:( hope you'll get a chance to see them

My gf had got tickets for the O2 in November as a surprise but I've given mine to a friend.

I saw you're not thrilled about the new album. I don't know... it's growing on me but at first I had serious doubts.

Anyway, they're still a great live band and I haven't seen enough of them yet :P

Aaaa... post concerts blues :cry:

Last night was different. To me it felt a bit more held back, hard to explain.

No Californication, which disappointed many. I don't mind, I've heard it live before so I'm all for dropping the "must play hits" in favour of more unexpected songs.

Will we ever see a concert without Under the bridge? :P

I love Flea's bass but I do hope Josh can have a bit more space eventually.

Last night's setlist:

Monarchy of roses

Universally speaking

Tell me baby

Scar tissue

Look around

Otherside

Goodbye Hooray

She's only 18

Me and my friends

The adventures of rain dance Maggie

Can't stop

Ethiopia

Higher ground

Under the bridge

By the way

----

Chad & Mauro jam

Sir Psycho Sexy

They're red hot

Everybody knows this is nowhere (Neil Young cover)

Give it away

http://www.youtube.com/user/anchochili?feature=mhee

I saw you're not thrilled about the new album. I don't know... it's growing on me but at first I had serious doubts.

Anyway, they're still a great live band and I haven't seen enough of them yet :P

I've seen them live quite a few times since the Californication Tour including Hyde Park,my friend has never seen them live and he really has wanted to and in honesty I have almost zero interest in seeing them perform without John so I was a nice friend and gave him my ticket:).

They didn't perform two of my favourite songs from IWY. Brendan't Death Song & Did I Let You Know. :disappointed:

I have a chance to see them this year, but my parents can't drive there, so...

And none of my friends really want to go. They all listen to either pop or metal.

EDIT: Factory of Faith too! :angry:

We got some rarely played songs: Freaky styley, Breaking the girl and Pea :D

I'm soooo jealous!! Can't believe they played Breaking The Girl. That's awesome. Found one with half decent sound on youtube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYjDoIb8wrE&feature=related]Breaking the Girl Live @ Stockholm Globe 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Chipotle I'm totally jealous you got to hear them do Everybody Knows This is Nowhere. I'm obsessed with that cover ever since I saw the yt of them doing it at Koko.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-3puzoBfE&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLD72ADA5077B89F14]Red Hot Chili Peppers - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere - Live from Koko 2011 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

^ Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere was great, so peaceful and beautiful.

It's a really good song, both original version and RHCP's.

Breaking The Girl... well, it wasn't perfect but I'm so glad they played it.

Excited to see what they play in Holland tonight, hopefully there's some surprise :)

^ Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere was great, so peaceful and beautiful.

It's a really good song, both original version and RHCP's.

Breaking The Girl... well, it wasn't perfect but I'm so glad they played it.

Excited to see what they play in Holland tonight, hopefully there's some surprise :)

I don't know if you are on twitter, but their sound guy is. He tweeted that someone threw a full beer and it hit the board during the show.

"full beer killed the console mid show, duimbass! If ya see people throwing drinks at a gig, gang slap 'em and have them tossed #FB"

Too bad, especially because today is Flea and Mauro's birthday! :\ Can they keep going with the show if the console goes out????

Ugh... I didn't know that.

Read now on stadium-arcadium.com the sound was off a few times during the first songs because of this.

Stupid! but no surprise, at least here Dave and the sound guys were in the back of the standing area, the equipment totally unprotected!

I hope it was an accident, not someone throwing beer on purpose :angry:

Ugh... I didn't know that.

Read now on stadium-arcadium.com the sound was off a few times during the first songs because of this.

Stupid! but no surprise, at least here Dave and the sound guys were in the back of the standing area, the equipment totally unprotected!

I hope it was an accident, not someone throwing beer on purpose :angry:

Probably just some drunk idiot! It sucks though...people paid good money to see that show!

I just joined Stadium Arcadium today. I have been putting it off for a long time because I don't need another site to waste time on!!! :P

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

What a show!

No Wet Sand, but we got Emit Remmus!

2Cellos were supporting them, and Chad joined them for one song. :awesome:

Here's the setlist:

1. Monarchy of Roses
  2. Around the World
  3. Snow ((Hey Oh))
  4. Otherside
  5. Look Around
  6. Throw Away Your Television
  7. Can't Stop
  8. Emit Remmus
  9. The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
  10. Me & My Friends
  11. Universally Speaking
  12. Red Hot Mama (Funkadelic cover) (outro jam for Universally Speaking)
  13. Under the Bridge
  14. Higher Ground (Stevie Wonder cover)
  15. Cosmic Slop (Funkadelic cover) (jam; Flea singing)
  16. Suck My Kiss (instead of Factory of Faith which was originally on the setlist)
  17. By the Way

Encore:
  18. Chad & Mauro Jam
  19. Californication (with supporting act, 2Cellos)
  20. Factory of Faith (instead of Goodbye Hooray which was originally on the setlist)
  21. Give It Away
  22. Final Jam (about 5 minutes long)

Californication with 2Cellos was just amazing :awesome: