✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Heard Sleeping Sun at..

sa_spurs_tx

the GAP last week while I was at the mall.. At first I was like "It can't be.." but yes it was.. I was surprised that a store can get a hold of b-sides and play them in the store..it also started as soon as I walked in.. good stuff, have anyone else heard non coldplay singles or b-sides while out??

Ah...this just makes me think about when I went shopping right after christmas and I've gotta have been in at least 10 different stores and EVERY SINGLE ONE played songs from X&Y, and the b-sides to the singles. My friends had to drag me out :D :nice:

Isn't it funny how you'll hear just a few notes of a song and immediatly your brain recognizes it as Coldplay? At least, that's how it is with me...like the first second of the song will be on and you know it's them. I think my senses are programmed to their music.

Isn't it funny how you'll hear just a few notes of a song and immediatly your brain recognizes it as Coldplay? At least' date=' that's how it is with me...like the first second of the song will be on and you know it's them. I think my senses are programmed to their music.[/quote']

Haha, same here! I can hear Coldplay from miles. :laugh3:

Isn't it funny how you'll hear just a few notes of a song and immediatly your brain recognizes it as Coldplay? At least' date=' that's how it is with me...like the first second of the song will be on and you know it's them. I think my senses are programmed to their music.[/quote']

Yeah, I feel the same way. Sometimes when I'm out, no matter if shopping or anywhere else, and I hear the beginning of a Coldplay song, I just listen and pay attention and say "Coldplay" and my friends look at me and say "What?" and I say "It's Coldplay.. a song.." although it was just the first tune or anything.

I kinda freeze for a second and my hearing senses heighten :lol: I point my finger in the air and proclaim "that's Coldplay you see!" to who ever is with me :laugh3:

One time I was with my mum at Sears :lol: and in the cosmetics section there is a M.A.C booth and they were playing The Hardest Part which striked me as odd since it wasn't a single at the time. (beginning of X&Y era)

Gah, I haven't been as lucky. All I can remember is hearing SoS at the mall and Trouble at McDonald's a couple years ago.

I was super excited about Trouble because I'd heard it for the first time just a few days before... Man.

Yeah' date=' I feel the same way. Sometimes when I'm out, no matter if shopping or anywhere else, and I hear the beginning of a Coldplay song, I just listen and pay attention and say "Coldplay" and my friends look at me and say "What?" and I say "It's Coldplay.. a song.." although it was just the first tune or anything.[/quote']

haha, thats EXACTLY what I do. "Coldplay" and then weird looks "Coldplay song... on now"

^^I know, same here. :laugh4:

And then you start moving towards where the music comes from (at least that's what I do...can't stand around when there's Coldplay being played somewhere :lol: ) and your friends look at you like raisedeyebrow.gif

But, you know, that's what you gotta stand when you're among the...chosen ones. lol :p

I don't think I've ever heard any B-Sides in shops etc...

^^I know, same here. :laugh4:

And then you start moving towards where the music comes from (at least that's what I do...can't stand around when there's Coldplay being played somewhere :lol: ) and your friends look at you like raisedeyebrow.gif

But, you know, that's what you gotta stand when you're among the...chosen ones. lol :p

I don't think I've ever heard any B-Sides in shops etc...

I was passing by American Eagle Outfitters and I pulled my friends in cos Fix You was playing and I wouldn't shop there, so the only reason I would go in there is for Coldplay :P So, I go looking up at the ceiling wondering where the speakers are..cos really, I want to hear the song as loud as I can! (even if it means standing in the guys section staring up at the speaker :D)

^ Well' date=' they don't play Coldplay in Austrian shops anyway, honey, right? ;) They do sometimes, but most of them probably don't even know what a b-side means..[/quote']

LOL. That's probably true, yeah...

We should have a word with some shopkeepers..."Hey, you should really play some Coldplay B-Sides!" - " :freak: "

But I do hear Coldplay in shops here and there *nods*

I dunno why, but Humanic for example (the one in the Europark here) plays them really quite often :pleased:

Well, I go to the fuckin' EMI Music Store a lot, as no other shops have the Coldplay singles on time, and when I ask for the new single, the first reaction is "Cold - who?", then I say the band's name again and then they say "A new single? Haven't heard of that yet. Are you sure?" and I say "OF COURSE I'M SURE YOU WANKERS" (well, not exactly like that, but kinda ;) ), then they check the computer and ask a hundred times how the song is written and THEN they tell me they don't have it yet.. Aaargh

^^LOL!

Oh man...I know that situation so well, though. I almost had a row with a guy at Saturn once. :laugh4: Think it was when SOS or Fix You came out...

Often I can't get hold of the singles here anyway and I have to order them over Amazon then...

They used to play Moses at my work every 4 hours or so, I would get so excited when I heard Nora Jones because I knew Coldplay was next, haha, I dont even like Nora Jones, but I would run into the bathroom where it was quiet and listen to Coldplay hahah.