✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplayers For Coldplayers CD(READ 1st post)

This is just a suggestion:

I've met alot of other musicians on the board and I'm thinking it would be cool, not to mention a s**tload of fun if we all put a couple of our songs on a compilation CD. Just for ppl on the board. Not for profit. If there were any money earned...like members would pay a few dollars for it...all the money could go to the CCC.

I have access to mixing and mastering and CD replicating facilities here and could orchestrate alot of the hands-on stuff.

I don't have alot of money and up til now didn't think I had anything to offer as far as fund-raising goes, but this could work!!!

Anyone interested? Post here or PM me!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think this is a good idea! The CD's cant be manufactured and shipped for free, so we could have a base price that covers burning and shipping costs...then people could donate how ever much they feel is appropriate on top of that for the CCC. Perhaps it would be best, before anything else, to run this idea by Ian to make sure this type of activity is a'OK by CPing rules. There are tons of talented musicians on here and I for one would definitely purchase a CD.

I'm away on vacation till September, so internet time is limited until then, but if you need any help organizing this project, I'd be more that happy to help in any way I can. :)

I PM'd the post to Ian at the same time as I posted it to the board. He sais it's OK and that I should talk to the ppl who run the CCC....including you. I'm also away until Sept 10 and will have limited net access after aug. 15. In the meantime, I suggest any musicians interested post here, or PM me.

Original material is preferred as there are fewer hassles with publishing companies.

Any artists interested in submitting material must register it with ASCAP, BMI, SOCAN etc. So that royalties...if any...can be properly awarded.

Any suggestions at to where to start compiling info & music would be greatly appreciated. We can use this thead, someon's PM, or maybe set up a PM specifically for the projeect. Let me know your thoughts.

The cover art could make for a really fun coldplaying contest...like the Great 404 Competition.

I hope we can make this happen!

I love this! :cheesy:

A cover art contest would awesome. Maybe the winner could receive a copy of the cd free of charge or something? We can sort out those details and the cover art instructions through PM if you'd like, there's a lot of things to take into consideration.. like what could/can't go on the cover art (a lot of pictures are copyrighted) to what fonts are discouraged. I'm out of town right now too, but still have net access for the most part.

Lune's idea of having a base price for the shipping, and the rest be optional is just great. Do you have a name in mind for the compilation, or will the name also be part of the contest?

Also, I know nothing about mixing/mastering music, so feel free to let us know what works best for you.. whether it's easier to master mp3 or aac or what have you, to quality (128kbps, 192kbps, 320kbps, etc) or does that not matter at all?

I love this! :cheesy:

A cover art contest would awesome. Maybe the winner could receive a copy of the cd free of charge or something? We can sort out those details and the cover art instructions through PM if you'd like, there's a lot of things to take into consideration.. like what could/can't go on the cover art (a lot of pictures are copyrighted) to what fonts are discouraged. I'm out of town right now too, but still have net access for the most part.

Lune's idea of having a base price for the shipping, and the rest be optional is just great. Do you have a name in mind for the compilation, or will the name also be part of the contest?

Also, I know nothing about mixing/mastering music, so feel free to let us know what works best for you.. whether it's easier to master mp3 or aac or what have you, to quality (128kbps, 192kbps, 320kbps, etc) or does that not matter at all?

I don't think it will matter what format music is submitted in. We can bring everything up to the same volume and sampling rate here. CD Audio is the best. But it will cost ppl money to send me CDs, so whatever is easiet to encourage musicians to get on board is the best.

The title being a part of the contest is a great idea!!!

As far as the cover goes, in order to avoid copyright issues, I would encourage original artwork. There are alot of talented artists on the board.

It would be nice to use the 'Alberta' font, but I don't know if you need permission. I would assume so. Does anyone know if Coldplay own the font? If so, I have a 'friend of a friend' sort of connection that might be able to help us with that.

So many details!!! But there's no deadline on this so we'll sort 'em all out as they come our way!

I'm SOOO excited to see you guys are into this.

I'm PMing a few musicians personally, but if you know any on the board, could you let them know too??

Hey Tracie,

I`d be happy to contribute. Just let me know what I can do from now. I write my own songs so what sort of songs would you like? What does the charity do? I don`t get online too much anymore and when I do time is limited as we have two little babies to look after, so if you can let me know all about this, thanks.

Take care and peace,

Mandyleigh x

I know for sure we can't use the Albertus font since we've already asked Debs and the boys own it. I agree it would be best if the artwork is original as well, better to avoid possible issues with copyright infringement.

I'll make sure to let any musician I know about the project! I guess I can send in something as well.. but I only play the piano so it'd just be an instrumental. Not to mention it'd be highly embarrassing for me, so I'll make a new recording if it's like.. a dire need or something! :lol:

What does the charity do? I don`t get online too much anymore and when I do time is limited as we have two little babies to look after, so if you can let me know all about this, thanks.

Take care and peace,

Mandyleigh x

Hi Mandyleigh! Right now the CCC's first priority is the $1.36 Campaign and Zali, our lovely sponsored child. Other aspects of the club include supporting charities, keeping up with important issues, raising awareness and just helping any way we can really. You should join :wink:

Hey Tracie,

I`d be happy to contribute. Just let me know what I can do from now. I write my own songs so what sort of songs would you like? What does the charity do? I don`t get online too much anymore and when I do time is limited as we have two little babies to look after, so if you can let me know all about this, thanks.

Take care and peace,

Mandyleigh x

Mandy: What's your favorite song of yours? I'd like us all to contribute the songs we love best...I can re-master anything ppl contribute from here.

Victaniac: Thanks for the update on the font...although, there's still a chance I could use that 'friend of a friend' to ask...no promises and no details here, but I could probably ask the 'right people''. Please feel free to offer a song...instrumental or otherwise. This is just a CD by us for us. It doesn't have to be perfect!!!

All styles and genres are welcome!!!

I'm not on msn or any other chat, which makes this a bit difficult...but you can contact me by PM, or by email at [email protected]. If ppl want to send me CDs, I'll assume the music is copyright protected, and if it's not, MAKE IT SO!!!. You can mail to

Tracie Morgan

S.D.G. Productions

75 Queen St.

Kingston, Ontario

CANADA

K7K-1A5

Keep this thread alive!!!

Here's a song

This is just a suggestion:

I've met alot of other musicians on the board and I'm thinking it would be cool, not to mention a s**tload of fun if we all put a couple of our songs on a compilation CD. Just for ppl on the board. Not for profit. If there were any money earned...like members would pay a few dollars for it...all the money could go to the CCC.

I have access to mixing and mastering and CD replicating facilities here and could orchestrate alot of the hands-on stuff.

I don't have alot of money and up til now didn't think I had anything to offer as far as fund-raising goes, but this could work!!!

Anyone interested? Post here or PM me!

I'll offer a song I've had sitting around for awhile. This song is a rip-off of "Trouble", only more optimistic.

Lance - Lull

http://rapidshare.de/files/26807614/Lull.mp3.html

I've posted this before, but this might actually give me the motivation to make a final version of this song.

Petra & Lance: If you've already read my post asking ppl to upload their songs to SaveFile or YouSendIt...IGNORE IT!! On re-thinking that, I don't feel good asking artists to make their music widely available for free unless they want to. Besides, the final product won't be much of a surprise is we can all download all the songs in advance. That would take some of the fun out of it...lol.If your music is in mp3 format, it's best to just email or PM files to me.

How much of a rip-off of 'Trouble' is your song? I don't want to run into copyright violation issues here. I know it's by us for us...but there are alot of us, and the board doesn't need to get sued...Ian's busy enough...lol!!!

Keep in touch!

[email protected]

This sounds like an excellent idea! If my guitar skills werent still wearing nappies, i'd upload something...

How come Albertus belongs to Coldplay, i've seen a lot of things written with that font, 'The fellowship of the ring' is a good example.

This sounds like an excellent idea! If my guitar skills werent still wearing nappies, i'd upload something...

How come Albertus belongs to Coldplay, i've seen a lot of things written with that font, 'The fellowship of the ring' is a good example.

Not sure. But the way i understand it is that you can't use it without permission. We'll work on getting permission...otherwise, there are lots of other fonts in the sea...