✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplayers For Coldplayers CD(READ 1st post)

just wondering' date=' do people have to copyright the music before sending it to you? and how do you copyright?[/quote']

The cheapest way to copyright is to send a copy of the song to yourself by registerred mail...which you never open. When you send via registerred mail, the date is stamped on the envelope, so if someone anythime after that date tries to claim it's their work, you have the proof.

Also, you can and should register your work with your country's performing rights organization(s). ie ASCAP, BMI, SOCAN, etc. In a country like the US where there are more than one, you may only register with one. There is no cost to join, and if you ever get radio play, these are the ppl who handle your royalties.

Hope that helps a bit.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really want to contribute in this thing...its such a cool idea!! i know i said it before but i had to say it again!

When we get around to selling this, we're going to need all the help we can get!! In the meantime, what do you enjoy doing? Sorry if you already posted and I've forgotten...this thread's getting delightfully long! Maybe you have a hobby that we can fit with the project.

When we get around to selling this' date=' we're going to need all the help we can get!! In the meantime, what do you enjoy doing? Sorry if you already posted and I've forgotten...this thread's getting delightfully long! Maybe you have a hobby that we can fit with the project.[/quote']

well, i dont really know...ill just think a bit, these past days some lyrics have been pouring into my mind continuously but i havent put it to paper yet...ill try to work on it today and ill pm it to you so that you can tell me what you think

No worries, Rick. I can do drum tracks here for anyone who would like them added. BAss too. I just thought it would be cool to have you on the CD since you're such a big part of keeping this place interesting...lol...and I'm still not being a smartass!

No worries' date=' Rick. I can do drum tracks here for anyone who would like them added. BAss too. I just thought it would be cool to have you on the CD since you're such a big part of keeping this place interesting...lol...and I'm still not being a smartass![/quote']

Oh thanks then Tracie,good to have you here too,I was unsure of you at the beginning..:P

heeheee, I can't wait for this to all be done. I would really love to contribute, and I would say i could sing, but i'm not confident and I sang at the coldplay concert but the lady next to me was staring at me, so I don't know what she was thinking! But yeah I can play piano if anyone wants me to play.

heeheee' date=' I can't wait for this to all be done. I would really love to contribute, and I would say i could sing, but i'm not confident and I sang at the coldplay concert but the lady next to me was staring at me, so I don't know what she was thinking! But yeah I can play piano if anyone wants me to play.[/quote']

Do you think you could write an instrumental on the piano? We could use the words from one of the board's many talented poets and set them to the music. I could do that and record the vocals here. What do you think???

I can attempt but seriously it won't be good. Have you seen that person on you tube (can't remember the username but starts with G), and he has done this song which is so good, but yeah, I'll try and do something though. Anything for CCC. :D

Hey trace' date=' sorry I havn't been able to get that song to you yet, I've been extremely busy the past week, I'll get it to you soon though![/quote']

No hurries, no worries!! I'd like to have the music pretty much compiled when I get back from England, which won't be til Sept. 10th.

Keep thins thread alive!!!

i have been trying to complete the song, i nearly completed it but then my mum told me to got to bed and so i need to start all over again, but ill try to get it done by this week...i was gonna finish it yesterday but we had a visitor over...but ill try my best to get it done this week

Oh so you are away...see you when you get back then..:D

You can't get rid of me that easily!! I'm not actually leaving til next thursday...and I'll be around a computer for at least part of the trip, so ppl can still upload stuff for me.

Just a reminder, SaveFile and YouSendIt are the 2 sites this computer will tolerate.

Keep up the good work, guys!

You still havent said, anywhere, whether this is a Coldplay covers album or Original songs by people who happen to post here?

If its the latter, I'm in. If its the former, maybe! For a laugh.

Sorry, Reilly. It usually gets dealt with through PMs, so, it may not have ended up on this thread...Original material is definitely preferred. Debs is away right now, so I haven't heard from her on using Coldplay songs, but from what I know of dealing with publishing companies, it'll be a pain in the butt. But the upside is that quite a few ppl are trying their hand at songwriting for the first time for this project, so I think it'll be really unique as a result...have fun and see what you can come up with!!!

In less than 30 hours, I'll be on the ground in Manchester...need sleep!!