✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you honestly afraid of?

MrMagpie

i talked about this with my mum today because her friend's son [who is twenty] plans to get married. she said that young people feel more like they wanna settle down now than when she was at my age. thinking about the people i know i think she does have a point. i dont think its the same everywhere but i cant imagine its gonna die out anytime soon in switzerland.

Maybe not soon, but eventually. Marriage is becoming more and more meaningless, especially given today's life expectancy.;)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not soon, but eventually. Marriage is becoming more and more meaningless, especially given today's life expectancy.;)

i dont think i agree with you. it looks like pretty much the opposite is happening even though its kind of strange if you look at the number of people who are divorced in our country.

i dont think i agree with you. it looks like pretty much the opposite is happening even though its kind of strange if you look at the number of people who are divorced in our country.

The divorce rates prove that people don't really care about the sanctity of marriage any more. That's why there's no point in getting married in the first place. It's all just for "the event".;)

The divorce rates prove that people don't really care about the sanctity of marriage any more. That's why there's no point in getting married in the first place. It's all just for "the event".;)

i dont really think so. i think people do believe in it when they get married. its not as sacred as it used to be people are more likely to get divorced but thats probably because they can nowadays.

i personally dont wanna get married either but i dont think most people get married just for the event.

i dont really think so. i think people do believe in it when they get married. its not as sacred as it used to be people are more likely to get divorced but thats probably because they can nowadays.

i personally dont wanna get married either but i dont think most people get married just for the event.

The way some people act, I disagree.;)

If people really cared about the institution and not the "day", they could just go and get married without any fuss and without spending loads of money they can't afford to waste.;)

Guest LiquidSky
I already have seen that too. It's scary. You notice how the person you knew so well, so alive became a kind of... a kind of "I dunno what".

You see her state getting worse each second that slips away.

That's something I don't wanna live anymore, neither see. That's why I don't visit relatives when they're in hospital. I'm scared, scared of hospitals.

Otherwise... I'm afraid of the future. Being a continuous worrier, I always try to forsee what can't be forseen. And as there's a part of "Unknown" in life, it always scares me, a bit, even when everything goes damn fine.

I'm afraid of getting old, as well. I mean, when I see people who are over 60 or 70.... it scares me, honestly, to be alive that long.

Don't ask me why, neither to explain that -because I couldn't...- but I fear this,truly.

Well see, for me I would still go visit them on the hospital because it is showing you care for their well-being and I also think or see how they get when they get to see you and you give courage and positive energy and being hopeful. To just not go visit them at all on a hospital might make them feel like well nobody comes and visits me when I could be dying and nobody cares for my well being and that might just depress them and get them down even more or faster.

I don't get why everybody or most people are afraid of getting old. I'm actually afraid of dying young. I was told as a child that I would get to live a very short life.. maybe that's why I've always been scared. But I actually want to die old. I see myself by a window looking outside. I'm all wrinkled with white hair and a tear coming down and finally walking out on the cold weather and snow falling on my face as I walk and fall and then die....... I actually had a dream of that. Weird to have dreams like that but when I woke up, I remember having a bit of tranquility after it.

Guest LiquidSky
everybody changes there mind but right now i really dont think i ever wanna get married.

some of my friends already think about getting married and settling down and i find the thought of it quite scary. i mean most of them are in their early twenties.

i dont think its necessarily happens when you fall in love. well it hasnt happened to me.

I am never getting married and that's a fact :wink:

I'm afraid of being alone in the world, having no one to trust to and being misunderstood in general. And I'm also afraid of losing someone I love ...

And the dark. This frightens me, but only when I'm alone. If there are two or three persons I can cope with it.

Well see, for me I would still go visit them on the hospital because it is showing you care for their well-being and I also think or see how they get when they get to see you and you give courage and positive energy and being hopeful. To just not go visit them at all on a hospital might make them feel like well nobody comes and visits me when I could be dying and nobody cares for my well being and that might just depress them and get them down even more or faster.

Well, I see what you mean.

The fact that they're in the hospital doesn't mean that I'd not be thinking of them. Of course I'd. But I'd not go there and visit them.

I'd take news from someone else who would have gone there in my place.

If I'm dying in a hospital, I'd not really like people to see me. I'd rather not being a burden of worries for them. And I'd not see them being sorry and sad for this. Or seeing their unhappiness about this.

Well, I see what you mean.

The fact that they're in the hospital doesn't mean that I'd not be thinking of them. Of course I'd. But I'd not go there and visit them.

I'd take news from someone else who would have gone there in my place.

If I'm dying in a hospital, I'd not really like people to see me. I'd rather not being a burden of worries for them. And I'd not see them being sorry and sad for this. Or seeing their unhappiness about this.

I sort of felt the same about hospitals until I was in one myself 13 weeks ago. When you're stuck in there for hours on end with nothing to do, you really appreciate it when people make the effort to come and visit you. It makes a huge difference.

Guest LiquidSky
I sort of felt the same about hospitals until I was in one myself 13 weeks ago. When you're stuck in there for hours on end with nothing to do, you really appreciate it when people make the effort to come and visit you. It makes a huge difference.

That's what I mean.. Thanks!