✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you honestly afraid of?

MrMagpie

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

I have a fear of being alone, I guess. Even though I tend to push people away, it really means I need them closer.

When I would fall asleep while all of us were watching films or something, and wake up alone, I'd cry because I'd feel this weird sense of having been abandoned.

I'm also afraid of forgetting my love of music. I'm afraid that I'll become loaded with so much doubt about becoming a musician that I'll try and turn away from music. I don't want to lose this love. I simply can't.

If that does happen, it's just going to be like, "Oh, well there goes my life. Oops." Ya know?

• 5 years later...
Being jobless.

My mind needs activity to keep it active.

There's a whole world to discover outside of work. The internet can be used for educational purposes, there's hundred of pretty much perfect books for you specifically out there to discover and there's so many hobbies you could take up which are mentally demanding. I can understand being jobless as a fear from a financial point of view, or possibly for some the fear of the shame (though it's not one I share too much) but for an active mind I don't share your position.

Personally, I fear letting down the people I love and a lack of inspiration (as down that path, deep deep depression lies).

There's a whole world to discover outside of work. The internet can be used for educational purposes, there's hundred of pretty much perfect books for you specifically out there to discover and there's so many hobbies you could take up which are mentally demanding. I can understand being jobless as a fear from a financial point of view, or possibly for some the fear of the shame (though it's not one I share too much) but for an active mind I don't share your position.

Personally, I fear letting down the people I love and a lack of inspiration (as down that path, deep deep depression lies).

Work isn't just the stuff you do in paid employment, it involves more than that

I'm learning from my OU module

Not accomplishing the things I have set for myself to become and do... I do not want to get stuck, living the simple life :/

Oh, and my sleep paralysis that does not wait till I get to my REM sleep, but rather starts right when I fall asleep :(

Guest LiquidSky
I actually have a couple of fears but written them down makes it more real. The one about losing loved one just makes me run to hug them 'cause I'm also afraid

Man, have you ever seen someone die on a hospital? It's so fucking depressing and desperate and everything life stands as survival goes. It's knowing but it's also a moment of we've ran out of possibilities and everything that could have been done to save that person was done so I do understand what you are saying. It's a bit of a comfort..

Well see, for me I would still go visit them on the hospital because it is showing you care for their well-being and I also think or see how they get when they get to see you and you give courage and positive energy and being hopeful. To just not go visit them at all on a hospital might make them feel like well nobody comes and visits me when I could be dying and nobody cares for my well being and that might just depress them and get them down even more or faster.

I don't get why everybody or most people are afraid of getting old. I'm actually afraid of dying young. I was told as a child that I would get to live a very short life.. maybe that's why I've always been scared. But I actually want to die old. I see myself by a window looking outside. I'm all wrinkled with white hair and a tear coming down and finally walking out on the cold weather and snow falling on my face as I walk and fall and then die....... I actually had a dream of that. Weird to have dreams like that but when I woke up, I remember having a bit of tranquility after it.

I'm still afraid of dying young, but I'm getting older...but I'm.. afraid to look old??? That's about the only thing that has changed... and I still remember that dream. I wonder why we only remember certain things but forget others..

I am never getting married and that's a fact :wink:

and I'm still not married :surprised: