✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your instruments

Square 4

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out something great today :D

I used this chain :Std Am Tele - MXR micro amp - Rat with reutz mod - RV5 - tubeamp.

This way i can use the mxr to drive the rat and get an AMAZING johnny sound. Listen to Everything's Not Lost and Yellow live at the Hollywood bowl. My setup just went from ok to GREAT.

First full practice with the RAT today. It was greeeat! Just wish for a tab more bass. But right now Im getting a great sound out of it.

When I plugged my friends new Les Paul it did have a lot more meat though. Overall I am super happy with it. My pedals are great!

That sounds like a great combo. I think i need a Suppressor now too.

First full practice with the RAT today. It was greeeat! Just wish for a tab more bass. But right now Im getting a great sound out of it.

When I plugged my friends new Les Paul it did have a lot more meat though. Overall I am super happy with it. My pedals are great!

That sounds like a great combo. I think i need a Suppressor now too.

That's what the Reutz-mod is for! It gives you the lows and makes it hiss a bit less. You should give it a try. It's the easiest mod ever, that just involves cutting a resistor.

i just got my bass in today, its a dean egde 09, only 100 bucks so its pretty shitty, i also have:

Guitars:

Fender standard tele

Squire strat (SIGNED BY DAVE GHROL FROM THE FOO FIGHTERS!!!!)

Schecter Omen 6

Yamaha Acoustic/Electric

Various effects prossesors and pedals

Drums

Ludwig accent 5 piece

pastie PST 5 cymbal pack

DW double bass pedal

OSP Drum Mic Kit

Amp

Fender frontman 212r

Other shit

Alesis Micron Synthisizer

Beringer 8 channel mixer

Soon to have

Bass amp

Bass Multieffect prossesor

i think thats about it, im kinda building a small low budget home studio

man, all this talk is making me want to get one...By the way, on a scale of 1-10 how much does a MXR micro amp do for guitar playing? How does it function and should i get one?

It's just a clean-boost stompbox with one knob. It doestn't really do much alone. But you can use it to drive the preamp of your tube-amp into saturation. I use it to drive my modded RAT. This way i get the most awesome overdrive/distortion sound i've ever had. You also get much better sustain. I didn't really like my RAT until i discovered this. Add a reverb-pedal and you're good to go :D

Glad you're digging the RAT!:laugh3:

" just a clean-boost stompbox with one knob. It doestn't really do much alone. But you can use it to drive the preamp of your tube-amp into saturation. I use it to drive my modded RAT. This way i get the most awesome overdrive/distortion sound i've ever had. You also get much better sustain. I didn't really like my RAT until i discovered "

That's also what Jon does (or rather used to do) to get the slight distortion in Yellow and a few other songs. Plus, some songs just work better with a straight boost in the mix...

I am super happy with my set-up right now. I may get a micro-amp soon. Now priority is the Thinline, end of October. Then I'll shift my purchases back to pedals again.

Today was my bands first performance, well the singer and I at least. We covered The Scientist acoustically. I did it very basically, but still very good. There may be a video coming soon.