✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your instruments

Square 4

"so I guess you remembered me when you wrote 99% huh"

Well, you do represent the remaining 1%...:laugh3:

It just seems funny to me that people post hear asking how to get a specific sound, and when pointed in the direction of the actual gear used to originally create said sound, say it's crap gear.:dozey:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Oh man, Muse Rock!!! Bellamy has some really top-notch effects and guitar playing skills. J'adore their song "Map of the Problematique"

Have you tried playing "Knights of Cydonia"? (well you must have, both tremolo picking and the whammy bar are used)

Sooooo much fun! :guitarist:

ColdplayBirdsFly You got the right dreams. I suggest if you like pedals maybe pick up a Boss multi-effect unit. They are well worth the price you pay. You get An insane amount of pretty quality effects.

Thinline is the way to go. You also said you live in a fairly small place...so you may want to think twice about a Tube amp since they can belt very very loudly. I just recently bought a Fender Frontman 212 and its amazing. Plus its a little bit cheaper than a Hot Rod Devell. Its also great for stage preformances too since it can belt loudly too.

Those are a few suggestions to save you a bit of $ and still get great quality. Unfortunately I have no suggestion as to a cheaper Thinline...pay the $700 to get it.

Thanks a ton for your advice! Seriously!

I'm gonna go check out some less expensive Fender amps, like the Frontman 212.

And I can't wait to try out some more Boss pedals with multiple effects. I was looking at some via Internet... and there's SOOO many cool features! :shocked2:

The Line 6 dl-4 looks interesting too, although I keep finding complaints that it's not "tough enough".

Meh, the effects sound really nifty.

yeah.... I'll have to dish out the big bucks for the Thinline...:sad:

^ Oh man, Muse Rock!!! Bellamy has some really top-notch effects and guitar playing skills. J'adore their song "Map of the Problematique"

That song is friggin' amazing. The octave midi-sequencing guitar effect is really cool. Best song on the album IMO

Thanks a ton for your advice! Seriously!

I'm gonna go check out some less expensive Fender amps, like the Frontman 212.

And I can't wait to try out some more Boss pedals with multiple effects. I was looking at some via Internet... and there's SOOO many cool features! :shocked2:

The Line 6 dl-4 looks interesting too, although I keep finding complaints that it's not "tough enough".

Meh, the effects sound really nifty.

yeah.... I'll have to dish out the big bucks for the Thinline...:sad:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-GT10-Guitar-MultiEffects-Pedal?sku=151133

Check that one out. It has a lot of effects all of the basic Boss ones...sounds like you'll like it. And it'll save you a lot instead of investing in a ton of stompboxes.

The thinline will be worth it. Im slowly becoming a Tele guy. I hope to have a Thinline by October, which is reasonable with my pay.

The DL4 is pretty reliable, just dont trash it about. IT stay in one place most of the time anyways.

All in all you are looking at $2000 for a decent setup that will last.

Have you tried playing "Knights of Cydonia"? (well you must have, both tremolo picking and the whammy bar are used)

Sooooo much fun! :guitarist:

Yep i'm learing "Knights of Cydonia" and i can play most of "Plug in Baby!

Question: I've tried for months to use my thumb but i'm having trouble because i cannot keep the high e string clean, it always mutes....:D Are my fingers too short or is there no such thing as that? Will i ever be able to do it, i've been trying for months:laugh3:

^ Well I'm a female (a.k.a. shorter fingers than males) and I can use my thumb without muting other strings.

I think it's just more practice you need.

Keep trying and eventually your hand/fingers should loosen up. :cool:

It took my hand at least a month or so of playing practically EVERYDAY to loosen up enough to use my thumb.

Hmmm.. and what's the radius of your guitar's neck?

Some guitars have slightly wider necks than others which could make it harder to put your hand around.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...dal?sku=151133

Check that one out. It has a lot of effects all of the basic Boss ones...sounds like you'll like it. And it'll save you a lot instead of investing in a ton of stompboxes.

The thinline will be worth it. Im slowly becoming a Tele guy. I hope to have a Thinline by October, which is reasonable with my pay.

The DL4 is pretty reliable, just dont trash it about. IT stay in one place most of the time anyways.

All in all you are looking at $2000 for a decent setup that will last.

^ Thanks again. :)

Wow, I can't believe how many effects that one Boss pedal has! :shocked2:

I thought the Line 6 DL-4 had a lot, but wow!

Meh!? A Thinline by October!? You lucky duck!

Just just awesome new pedal:

Lovtone Brown Source!:)

Picked it up cheap at of all places a yard sale!:laugh3:

I believe the going rate is about $300 us. paid $20 Us for it.:smug:

(I felt kinda bad about it, but the woman having the sale refused to take more...)

I play bass and I have a Arctic White Fender J, I custom modded it with an ashtray and a pick up guard as well, it's pretty sweet, I really want to get Guy's P bass, though. but it works and I can't complain.

I play through a Ampeg Classic SVT head and Ampeg 8x10 cab, you can say I shake things.

I play coldplay-ish/U2-ish stuff

www.myspace.com/travelliketrains

we're in love with Coldplay.

"Please let me know what you think"

I'm very pleased with it. It is the most tonally wide ranging distortion I've ever played. It can sound really saturated and heavy while also giving you crisp, focused RAT like distortion. Plus, like all Lovetone Pedals it's built like a tank.

It's really a shame Lovetone isn't around anymore, and that all their pedals are now so expensive, because they're all really great.

Now if I could just get my hands on a RingStinger...:wink3:

I really want one now thanks...

Today I splurged again on one of my wants. I went down to our local Big Box music store, and solved my delay woes.

I got the DL4 and the DD-20 and played around with them for awhile. For me the one that prevailed was the Boss DD-20. I liked the DL4 and would recommend it. The DD-20 just had me, i like the option to dial in your delay the most. For the extra $100 it beat out their DD-7 too.

I took it home and I can now say. I love this pedal. The loop feature is truly the most fun. I just like it a lot.

I also got to play with a '72 Thinline. Such a beautiful guitar. As I was there playing it a guy cam up and was talking to me. He said he had an original 72 Thinline...He said he had messed with it a bit or else I would have made a fairly reasonable offer to him for it.

"...He said he had messed with it a bit or else I would have made a fairly reasonable offer to him for it."

IMHO the it's only worth spending the money to get an orginal one is ifit has the actual original wide range pickups.

"...He said he had messed with it a bit or else I would have made a fairly reasonable offer to him for it."

IMHO the it's only worth spending the money to get an orginal one is ifit has the actual original wide range pickups.

He said it did.

The '72 reissues have then now dont they?

"The '72 reissues have then now dont they"

No, they have "reissue wide range pickups", which, although IMHO slightly better than the pickups in earlier Thinline reissues, still are tonally closer to Gibson Humbuckers. Wikipedia has some good detailed informtion about the exact differences between the three types.